Sign in to follow this  
Ben X

Wizard Jam 2016 Team Building Thread

Sorry I hadn't checked the thread in a while so I missed this, but yes that's nice! I'd like it to start quitely tho. I want it slowly wafting in on the breeze as you drive through the desert, building up until it has the kinda intensity in that demo. :)

Looking forward to the jam starting in a couple days. I might be busy on Saturday but I'll get cracking on Sunday.

Hello! I've never made a game or participated in a jam, so this is all rather New and Exciting™. I'd be interested in audio primarily, but I'm willing to help however I can (art or writing would probably be other fields?). Admittedly, I'm inexperienced in all of this, but no better time to learn than now right? :)

Timezone: Pacific, GMT -7

Contact is probably best via Slack (knight), what with notifications and all, but PM would probably work too!

I might try my hand at coding, probably something in Game Maker, but nothing solid on that front. Just an FYI.

Cheers! :)

UPDATE: I signed on to work with a few folks, so probably can't take on any more at this time without overcommitting myself! Thanks!

--------

Hello, I am not good at coming up with game ideas by myself but might be helpful to a team?

Best way to contact me is email: (my username) at panic.com, or PM

Timezone: Pacific

Skills: I'm a 2D artist and programmer.  I have a lot of programming experience, but am new to Unity.

Art examples: 

Unity examples:

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, finally made an account this morning when I listened to Idle Thumbs and heard Wizard Jam was going on. Loving challenges, I wanted to join a team for the rest of the Jam

What can I bring? Unless we desperately need art, I can provide code in a very short time.

Contacting me is quite simple. Either a PM or adding me on Skype (same username), with a mention of the jam in the comment.

Timezone? What is that? (In all seriousness, I am currently running on EST.)

As far as the style goes, I can work on pretty much anything, as I either have experience with it or am always looking for new grounds to explore.

For any example of my work, just head on volvary.tumblr.com where everything I do is posted.

Don't hesitate to contact me for infos. Cheers

I'm a little late to the party but I'd love to help out with sound effects and/ or music for something!

Here's an unedited (there's a bunch of silence at the beginning) demo of some of my sound design. 
https://vimeo.com/166279113

Here's some of my music though this is mostly my hip hop stuff. 
https://soundcloud.com/abarn/tracks

What you bring to the team (Art, code, music, etc).

Sound Design and Music 

What you need for your team (Pixel art, C# code, 8-bit music, etc).

A team

The best way to contact you. (PM, E-mail, Slack, Twitter, etc.)

Twitter: @AlexBarnhartMA
Email: [email protected]

Optional: Your timezone, for easier collaboration.

EST

Optional: If you know what engine you're using, that might be handy for folks to know.

I vaguely know Unity

Howdy! I'm writing a puzzle game with a number of variable endings and one big twist. I'm thinking less endings than Stanley Parable, but more than Life is Strange, you get me?

Pitch: You fade in on a top-down puzzle on the screen, a little man sprite on one end and a box on the other. You're applying for a job and they're using this puzzle to test your logic skills. A company representative talks to you over Skype to make sure you're doing okay, but you soon find that everything is not as it seems...

What I bring: Writing (dialogue, plot lines), voice-over work, some sound effect work (but need help with writing it into the code), puzzle design (but want this to be collaborative)

What I need: Designer, coder. Could be same person, but basically I need people to design the artwork/world/sprites and to write code. Aside from Python I can be little to no help here, but want the whole game development process to be collaborative.

Contact Info: Best is email ([email protected]), but also Twitter (@sharkeqlsburger)

Timezone: Pacific (USA)

Engine: Depends...going top-down, so there's some good options out there but I'd rather the person who deals with engine most make that decision