melmer

TITANFLAPS 2

I haven't played super recently, but they did release all the paid maps for free, so the player base is no longer splintered.

They did! It was smart, but it was the smart of hindsight after the damage had been done.

I was really annoyed, because I put a bunch of hours into Titanfall and that destroyed the community precisely the way everyone was expecting.

I had no problem with the "campaign" because I finished all of it within 48 hours of launch, but that doesn't mean it didn't have problems.

Rainbow Six: Siege is releasing DLC for free, but new operators take a month or so of regular play to unlock.

I think Insurgency did all their DLC for free also.

That's cool, it seems like a lot of devs have cottoned onto the idea that selling map packs isn't necessarily the way to go, especially when they can sell hats and XP boosts.

Being ex-Call of Duty devs, running out of players probably isn't something they've had experience with. I hope they can keep people playing for longer this time, there were times I tried to go back to Titanfall and couldn't find a match in any region.

Almost everyone I've talked to loved Titanfall but stopped playing it shortly after. For me, I just ran out of things to unlock and I am NOT a hardcore player. So I came to the weird realization that I stopped playing because I was essentially "max level" and wouldn't get anything else.

Wished there was a campaign but Respawn was then just a small dev shop of people who jumped ship from the Call of Duty mothership.

Rainbow Six: Siege is releasing DLC for free, but new operators take a month or so of regular play to unlock.

I think Insurgency did all their DLC for free also.

I don't think this qualifies as a traditional console shooter.

Insurgency is staunchly a PC-ass PC game.

My favourite game type in Titanfall was last Titan standing.

The last online shooter I got into was Gears of War so I was surprised how much I enjoyed this one. My problem is that I had no friends with an Xbox One at the time so I was playing with randos that makes it a lot less fun. I didn't realise how much I thrive on communication - I played one game with a co-worker and we topped the leaderboard (it was probably the only time I came first in the non-Last Titan Standing matches)

Almost everyone I've talked to loved Titanfall but stopped playing it shortly after. For me, I just ran out of things to unlock and I am NOT a hardcore player. So I came to the weird realization that I stopped playing because I was essentially "max level" and wouldn't get anything else.

Wished there was a campaign but Respawn was then just a small dev shop of people who jumped ship from the Call of Duty mothership.

From my experience it was a combo of a few things.

- If you didn't play in the first week, you almost certainly couldn't finish the campaign because the majority of the players had moved on.

- Not enough space for burn cards. Seems silly, but having to dump a card or two every few rounds because your inventory was full of situational cards you didn't want to lose was a pain and felt like you were "wasting" rewards.

- There was a balance update relatively soon after launch that tweaked the feel of some guns. In a game that purposefully limited base gun choices, that probably hit more players than they thought it would.

- DLC Maps irreparably shattered the player base. This is the biggest one.

- I personally lost a lot of momentum because while I am not generally a Prestige and restart type of player, I got really into that and then ran into a brick wall about half or 2/3 of the way through. One of the achievements was notoriously difficult both because it was just straight up hard as shit, and because the circumstances needed to achieve it were hard to run into. Screw you, Gooser.

Fuck I'm looking at those challenges and I totally would have hit Regen 10 if it wasn't for gooser and the DLC doubling up for a combo enthusiasm breaker.

I am hopeful for 2 because these aren't unfixable problems. The game as it shipped was a joy, they just need to foster and embiggen the joyfulness.

They doubled the number of burn cards you could hold sometime around the point where they made the DLC free. They also had an invite-only ranked game system which I never really understood. I quit sometime before the initial DLC release, but I still put north of 100 hours into the game.

Titanfall was hurt by the audience's expectation more than anything else. By far the best multiplayer shooter of this decade so far.

I've pretty much figured out that I don't have the skills I need to hang in FPS's anymore, but Titanfall 2 is probably the one FPS I'll still buy. I can't wait.

That's good, let's hope they don't make the same mistake again. I'm sure they will, it's such an obvious thing to charge for. Has any traditional console shooter released map packs for free? Or do they all wait until the community is dying in an attempt to bring people back?

Not sure if you would call it a traditional console shooter or not, but it was announced today that Uncharted 4 will have free map packs. And others already mentioned Halo 5 and Gears of War 4. Maybe there is hope for free maps in Titanfall 2 yet!

played a couple matched recently and was reminded how good this game was. depending on how reviews go, this is a day one perch for me.

There's a singleplayer trailer up for Titanfall 2 now. Looks like your mech is a talking robot buddy? 

You can play the single player campaign offline.

Oooo that looks fun. Looks a lot like vanquish aesthetically.

There's something about the art direction in Titanfall that really speaks to me, and those two trailers are getting me the same kind of hype that the Titanfall 1 trailers did. 2016 year of the grappling hook.

I have no idea why I find this so appealing. I never once played a CoD game, but giant mechs? I'm excited. It just looks incredible.

So we can assume there's going to be an "I'm afraid I can't do that Davd" moment. Right?

Attack on Titanflaps

The grappling hooks look great and is a nice evolution/addition. Works great in overwatch playing as widowmaker. And lawbreakers are using them as well. Sucks to be CoD

Just seen that all future DLC maps and game modes will be free! That's the stuff

Season pass sheemeson pass

Have they said anything about improvements to the Attrition mode?

Just seen that all future DLC maps and game modes will be free! That's the stuff

Well now I'm convinced. I hope it has legs...titanic legs.

They learned! THEY LEARNED!

"Stand by for Titanfall" gets me way more hyped than I would have anticipated in 2016. The game looks beautiful. The first impressions write ups also paint it favorably. Excited.