Sign in to follow this  
jennegatron

Dota 2 - Summer 2016 Roster Shuffles

I think that seems a bit harsh, but I can certainly understand it.  He's not naturally charismatic and not silly, but he seems pretty sincere and thinks deeply about the game.

Seems like a fair assessment. My favorite Aui moment was after EG won some game at TI (forget which, sorry) with Techies, and he was doing a post-game interview with Kaci. His sincerity and enthusiasm for the game really came through there.

I... have no idea why anyone would think that after listening to that episode. Legit, that makes no sense to me.

His answers were more bland than an offensive lineman's, without the media training to put a gloss on it. I seriously didn't learn anything about him, the team, or Dota. Such a frustrating show, and then I tried to express it in the thread and Sean got mad at me (probably justifiably) because I couldn't articulate properly that even their prompting questions couldn't save cruddy answers.

Maybe his answers were a little too insider baseball for people that play DOTA vs people that don't (you play League, right?). Because the way I remember that thread is you were complaining about it, but the DOTA people that were discussing that cast thought he was pretty insightful. Otherwise I don't really know what to tell you. I don't think he is the most articulate guy in the world, but the points he is trying to articulate are really thoughtful and insightful.

Anyway, what I really came here to post about is how everyone should watch game 2 of Alliance v NiP in the lower bracket EU finals for the Frankfurt Majors qualifiers. That might be the most exciting game of DOTA I've seen this year.

I will be finished after this, but you're right, I was the dissenting opinion then and now. I'm not claiming otherwise, and that's fine. But it was certainly not because he was TOO in depth. He was literally contradictory in statements about team cohesion, communication, and practice. He did almost no talking whatsoever about strategy or insight into DOTA tactics. I would rather shit be way over my head, and it definitely wasn't. He was answering questions like softballs even when they weren't, hence my offensive lineman comment. And that's it! I'm done! Now I'm free to root for EG without being mildly annoyed he's on the team!

vvv Oh shit that's right. You're totally on point about that, I forgot.

Now I'm free to stop caring about DOTA until the International again!

Why would anyone root for any team that houses Arteezy? What a reprehensible human being.

Why would anyone root for any team that houses Arteezy? What a reprehensible human being.

Why do people root for the Yankees? Sometimes you want to back the Evil Empire.

Speaking of AUI, it is starting to look like his new team will be eliminated in the major qualifier.  Baring a crazy comeback they will have fallen just short and Dota will have it's first South American team at a Valve sponsored tournament.

Edit: outcome confirmed, Unknown are the first South American dota team in a major!  That's very exciting for their region.

Edit: I also think they are the first team to ever qualify through the open qualifier where anyone with a team could enter.

I believe you are correct about Team Unknown being the first team to compete in a major tournament via the open qualifiers. Very impressive! If it is the same structure as TI's open qualifier system then they had to win 4 Bo1's in a row followed by 2 Bo3's in order to make it to the main qualifier tournament.

Looks like another big one boys. This time all this stuff is forcing these teams to go through the qualifiers instead of invites, given the roster lock rules.

They roster locked with aui/sumail/peter/fear/bulba, and with universe coming back the letter of the valve rules mandates it. if they had swapped bulba for zai, they would have been okay since he's their sub and his team didn't participate in any valve events.

the roster lock rules are incredibly poorly designed and i think have not contributed positively to stability of teams.

I think EG could be strong again with Zai back on the team, and Fear back to carry. Secret on the other hand...

We going to just sit in this 2015 thread or make a new one?

Aui got kicked off EG 3 times now in total?

Updated thread title for this year, since I assume there will be more than just my beloved Aui being betrayed for the second time. I think it is technically only twice Jutranjo. He got kicked post TI and now again post Manila.

It seems much more amicable this time just from a first blush, in that the team announced it rather than Aui being sad (in a rare show of emotion) on twitter. It still bums me out tho.

Yeah I hope he manages to land on a good team. I worry for him because I think his skills probably atrophied a bit during his stint on DC (just because of the lack of opportunity to play against top tier competition), and that was reflected in the way he played the carry position looked pretty outdated.

: ( it really sucks that he doesn't get to be on a team and play. If I were him I would be so emotionally defeated at this point.

I love that guy so much.

The whole "forcing teams into open qualifiers for breaking roster lock" thing sure doesn't seem to be a very strong deterrent.

New roster lock system is interesting. I could still see potential issues with it, but at least it is better than the old system.

So far the news is MP is out of MVP, EternalEnvy is out of Secret, and most of the CIS scene is shuffling (besides Na'Vi, for now).

I wonder if DC holds together, or if the rejects will swallow their pride and go back to the teams that rejected them.