BigJKO

[Release] The Legend of Big Bird's Bones

LiQ7b0m.gif

It's finished! Or, well it's a finished mess! I scoped way too big inside my little head, then went and found out that just making the basics of a turn-based RPG is HARD! So, there's nothing particularly fun about the mechanics and the polish level degrades rather quickly throughout. I'm tired. I'm going to sleep now.

THANKS toblix, SO MUCH for all the music! :tup: :tup: :tup:

http://itch.io/jam/wizard-jam/rate/23336

CDjfrBlW0AErC74.png

Progress so far: Jake can open AND close a chest, thus he is able to imagine that the chest is talking to him.

lPXtcnv.gif

Old:

Alright, just plopping this thread down. I'm starting NOW! Will update later.

First sketch:

CCPKlktUwAEJ7tq.png

And the new project with Placeholder Jake in place:

CCQKKlrUsAAPhFl.png

Kids and house chores left me too tired to jam this weekend, but I managed to sketch a few more characters for the game:

CCa1j3gW8AAmquJ.jpg

Kids and house chores left me too tired to jam this weekend, but I managed to sketch a few more characters for the game:

CCa1j3gW8AAmquJ.jpg

Looking nice. (And it's awesome to know someone else is dealing with kids and chores too :D )

(And it's awesome to know someone else is dealing with kids and chores too :D )

Yeah.. :( The nerve of them to schedule the jam right when I have to clear the garage before the Mr. Garbage comes to pick it up! :tmeh:

I like how with his unchanging gaze, he looks like he's hurrying to use the restroom. This Wizard Jam has proven that this message board is full of really talented folks. It's the best.

I'm jammin' tonight!

Team Jake and Sean and Sean.. and Sean

VS

SEAN!

EX0S39a.gif

Forgot to properly place that battle selctetor indicator before GIF'ing this.. Also, I had problems typing selector all the time so I renamed the sleector graphic to skeletor. Pro tip.

Putting some of that updated art in. I'm still way behind, but it's getting somewhere at least!

jaL5kkB.gif

Alright, first pass at a battle system is in. Enemy still doesn't attack back, poor Team Evil Vanaman. I really need to get started on some animations soon, those lifeless guys are starting to weird me out..

Y4aOzoZ.gif

I worked a bit on the battle system (You still can't actually WIN a battle! Yay!) but ended up spending more time on a MUCH MORE important thing, the title screen:

LiQ7b0m.gif

There are still no actual bones in this game, Big Bird or otherwise, so that needs fixing immediately.

That is SO flashy. Befitting of such a weighty legend!

Ok, so animating using Timeline Animation in Photoshop is much faster than the bullshit Frame Animation, which I just assumed was the way to go. WELP! So this is going faster than before, yay!

mFWMaHG.gif

EDIT: Slightly updated:

tPPnjSR.gif

Thanks! :)

It took forever, but now the whole Thumbs Team is in!

WkuvbZb.gif

I'm so close to finishing the battle system, and then I can move onto just setting a couple of battles up for the world and HOPEFULLY get a very simple dialogue system in. And of course, the bones. Gotta do the bones.

Oh, and I have received three pieces of MUSIC from none other than our good ol' toblix! The music is awesome!