Dirk Anger

The (Video Game Music) Nostalgia Thread

A childhood, circa 1992.
You are trapped in this body; not exactly foreign, yet not quite your own. You don't understand the world around you - but that

feeling is mutual.
Downstairs, there is a box - or rather, a series of boxes on top of each other. They are very beige. From the inside, though, clinks

a cascade of Bloops and Beeps, harsh and metallic, but in a strange way also very comforting.
You might not realize it yet, but those Bloops and Beeps will stay with you for a very, very long time - such a long time, in fact,

that you might some day create a totally arbitrary, quite pretentious thread on an internet forum for the sole purpose of reminiscence. Because one Beep/Bloop at a time in one octave was all your imagination needed.

So, then: Bloops, and also Beeps:

(Does that make your ears bleed? Well, I'm really sorry. As I am for this thread in general - but I had a severe case of The

Flashbacks, and simply, desperately needed some kind of outlet. My Facebook wall can only take that much.)

Oh hey! Another one of these threads. I love these threads.

Alright, another nostalgia post. I'm going back as far as my memory can reliably take me.

I approve of everything and anything related to Legend of Kyrandia. What a great series of games. There's hardly anything like it. Along with Lands of Lore 1 easily the best thing Westwood ever did. Shame they didn't seem to get the recognition for it, and abandoned everything but churning out Command & Conquer sequels.

Malcolm's Revenge in particular made a huge impression on me, though I feel I'd now think Hand of Fate the best of the trilogy.

Yeah, there was a year or so there I used to load up one of the Kyrandia games on a Saturday morning and try to beat them within the same day. The music was so good in every game in the series. When I posted that I realized I had been listening to them "wrong" because we only had a Soundblaster card, but the MT-32 versions don't get me all teary eyed.

I have the Lands of Lore games, but I haven't started them at all.

40:44 is totally the Fringe theme! How mad would it be if it turns out that 99% of modern film and TV music was basically based on old crack intros?

I am nostalgic as hell for this:

And this is an allegedly terrible Tetris port that I've never played, but has by far the best music of any Tetris game.

A childhood, circa 1992.

You are trapped in this body; not exactly foreign, yet not quite your own. You don't understand the world around you - but that

feeling is mutual.

Downstairs, there is a box - or rather, a series of boxes on top of each other. They are very beige. From the inside, though, clinks

a cascade of Bloops and Beeps, harsh and metallic, but in a strange way also very comforting.

You might not realize it yet, but those Bloops and Beeps will stay with you for a very, very long time - such a long time, in fact,

that you might some day create a totally arbitrary, quite pretentious thread on an internet forum for the sole purpose of reminiscence. Because one Beep/Bloop at a time in one octave was all your imagination needed.

So, then: Bloops, and also Beeps:

(Does that make your ears bleed? Well, I'm really sorry. As I am for this thread in general - but I had a severe case of The

Flashbacks, and simply, desperately needed some kind of outlet. My Facebook wall can only take that much.)

Are you me? Gosh, that Grand Prix Circuit theme... I had forgotten that game entirely.

Ooooohhh...

I can't remember with SC2000 tunes I've already posted in this thread. There are such great ones.

Besides being one of my favorite games, I love the music in Terranigma

This one is my absolute favorite, even though its really short.

Edit: I guess you can only embed two at a time?

I am this close to creating a «The Swapper Video Game Music» thread:

pinch1.jpg

As far as holding two fingers together goes, that's still quite a ways off then. You can fit a whole idle thumb in there!

Are you me? Gosh, that Grand Prix Circuit theme... I had forgotten that game entirely.

Heh, that game's the reason I started this thread. I was surfing the youtubes late at night and more or less randomly stumbled across this, and my mind practically melted. Admittedly, the less than sober state of said mind was also a factor.