tegan

I Had a Random Thought (About Video Games)

Also, Valve (or Steam, really) tends to remove tags that can somehow be interpreted as negative toward the game. Baby Game might be seen as one such tag.

I'm pretty sure any tag is valid even if it doesn't exist yet unless Valve have explicitly decided to ban it.

Tested it, Baby is a banned tag by itself, but Baby Game works fine (wut?). 

Non-violent is still the better option, but now you know that you can tag any game you want with Baby Game.

As much as I ironically appreciate baby games, there is almost zero chance that will catch on.

I would be simultaneously happy and depressed if it did.

Serious talk: should I move my Pokémon breeding to a new thread or something? Because I just hatched a shiny Ralts and it's only gonna get worse from here.

Well, it's approaching non-random thoughts. That said, I don't particularly mind it here and I'm more likely to see it here than in a separate thread.

Since tags are now user-defined, we could just select one, all start using it, and hope that it catches on. "Non-violent"?

This is a neat idea. 

I'm putting my vote in for "Lords Management"

This reminded me of a Random Video Game Thought I had recently. I picked up the game "Lords of Midnight" and one of the game's main objectives is to ride around and gather leaders to raise an army. Leaders become controllable characters once activated, making Lords of Midnight a game where you are managing lords.

That is all.

Serious talk: should I move my Pokémon breeding to a new thread or something? Because I just hatched a shiny Ralts and it's only gonna get worse from here.

Your Pokemon posts are entertaining, but I probably wouldn't look at them if they were in their own thread.  I just don't have much interest in Pokestuff.  So I say leave 'em here.

My random Video game thought follows.

After years of playing many truly scary video games, I finally had my first Video game nightmare and it was so scary I actually woke up my wife. In fact I had about three that night and all left me shaking.

What horrific game of terror inspired these chills, thrills and night sweats, you ask? Wolfenstein: The New Order. Because I am apparently both a 35 year old man and 5 year old girl.

ZKyE4QK.png

woooooo

is really striking, too. I love the black "dress" it gets.

I really should be nicknaming these, but I can't think of anything clever.

Clyde posted this link in last week's podcast forum, and it deserves to be seen by more people, so I'm crossposting it here.  Click that link people, you need to.

I wonder how much of the scarcity-loss is just due to me being older and the many resources which I can now use. Like you are saying, there is a lot of niche stuff available once you know how to look for it. I think that buying games could still be an adventure if I tried to do something out of my usual routine. For instance, these are probably availiable online, but if they required at minimum a phone-call, aquiring one might get me high again.
http://gameological.com/2013/02/the-pirate-hacks-of-africa/

post-33601-0-05606600-1406232822_thumb.jpg

I read that article ages ago, but I still love it.

Got a perfect Gastly. It's currently in the Day Care with Ditto.

Put it on Wonder Trade. The person who gets it might be the happiest person in the world, or just throw it on the the next person.

Put it on Wonder Trade. The person who gets it might be the happiest person in the world, or just throw it on the the next person.

Not a chance. That thing took me two days and nearly 400 egg hatches.

Ok, you get off. When I decided I was done with Y I started just wonder trading my perfect IV, perfect EV A-team. Got a bunch of crap, but I bet I made some kid somewhere real happy. 

Not shinies though. None were shinies. 

Attempting to play Dark Souls has proven to be the worst gaming experience I've ever had. I already had to deal with nonsense when I first played through the tutorial earlier in the week, but today I was going to try it with an actual control. And after spending 3 hours going in circles to try get the controller to work I've only managed to create setbacks for myself (probably by confusing my computer with different attempts at installing PS3 controller drivers/Xbox360 interpreters).

I went from having most buttons work, but the character would always run forward and not respond to the analogue sticks to having my computer entirely unable to install the automatic drivers for the controller (it think they're installed but then the controller shows up on the "Unspecified" list).

I'm sure there's simple shit I could do to try fixing it and maybe get it on track again but I've already poured too much time into this to be arsed at least for now. So this post isn't even asking for help, it's just cathartic bitching about a game everyone already knows is horribly broken (though I figure at least some of the blame is on me/my desktop for the mess of the controller not working).

Attempting to play Dark Souls has proven to be the worst gaming experience I've ever had. I already had to deal with nonsense when I first played through the tutorial earlier in the week, but today I was going to try it with an actual control. And after spending 3 hours going in circles to try get the controller to work I've only managed to create setbacks for myself (probably by confusing my computer with different attempts at installing PS3 controller drivers/Xbox360 interpreters).

I went from having most buttons work, but the character would always run forward and not respond to the analogue sticks to having my computer entirely unable to install the automatic drivers for the controller (it think they're installed but then the controller shows up on the "Unspecified" list).

I'm sure there's simple shit I could do to try fixing it and maybe get it on track again but I've already poured too much time into this to be arsed at least for now. So this post isn't even asking for help, it's just cathartic bitching about a game everyone already knows is horribly broken (though I figure at least some of the blame is on me/my desktop for the mess of the controller not working).

I feel you. The Dark Souls PC port is a goddamn embarrassment, to the point that Namco-Bandai could probably make unbelievably good money rereleasing an "HD version" that just included some of the graphical and interface features ported from Dark Souls 2. Whenever I get a friend into it, I just email them a .zip file with DSFix, DSCFix, and all that pre-configured, so they can drop it into their root directory and run the game no-fuss. Otherwise, half of them would probably not even get past the first menu.

I feel you. The Dark Souls PC port is a goddamn embarrassment, to the point that Namco-Bandai could probably make unbelievably good money rereleasing an "HD version" that just included some of the graphical and interface features ported from Dark Souls 2. Whenever I get a friend into it, I just email them a .zip file with DSFix, DSCFix, and all that pre-configured, so they drop it into their root directory and run the game no-fuss. Otherwise, half of them would probably not even get past the first menu.

Can I get that zip file?

Can I get that zip file?

Sure, here's a download link. Make sure to boot up Dark Souls before you install it, to set Anti-Aliasing to "off" and Windowed to "yes". If you have a control method other than an X360 pad or a resolution other than 1920x1080, it'll also take some supplementary editing, but these files were good through my own hundred and twenty hours.

So after watching the first three episodes of Persona 4 Golden: The Animation, it's made me really want a PS Vita, just so I can play P4 again.

Is there anything else that's good on the system? So far the list of great games on the system that I know of are: Danganronpa 1&2, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice (I actually know nothing of this game, is it good? All I know is that it was advertised up the butt)  and God Eater? Is that on the Vita?

So after watching the first three episodes of Persona 4 Golden: The Animation, it's made me really want a PS Vita, just so I can play P4 again.

Is there anything else that's good on the system? So far the list of great games on the system that I know of are: Danganronpa 1&2, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice (I actually know nothing of this game, is it good? All I know is that it was advertised up the butt)  and God Eater? Is that on the Vita?

A Vita with PS+ is an amazing, amazing thing. I've gotten so much out of the Vita with so little money put into it.

A Vita with PS+ is an amazing, amazing thing. I've gotten so much out of the Vita with so little money put into it.

Dude, PS+ was the entire reason I got one! I was browsing PSN one day on my PS3 looking at what was new for that month when I realized that, by now, I had probably close to a dozen free games for the system including most of the good launch titles. I bought one, a couple memory cards, and physical copies of Muramasa, P4G, and Lumines. That's probably the second-best gaming decision I've made in a long time, next to building a gaming PC a couple months ago. My Vita is my favorite place to play most portable games now, even if all of the really good ones are only on the 3DS.

Seconded. I've bought 4 games for my vita, everything else (in the 10s of good games) has been PS+.

My vita has eclipsed my 3ds which while it has some good games, only has a few good games. It just sits around doing nothing now that I've completed the ones I was interested in. Plus when you look at the vita screen, it makes looking at the 3ds really freaking difficult.