Sean

Idle Thumbs DayZ Server!

Olly would know.

Also, if you're reading this and you're the guy who just axed me in the face when I was trying to talk to you, go fuck yourself.

Although my ping is higher than I'd like (I presume this is a West Coast server, which would be the reason), it was super responsive. Things appeared on the ground instantly, etc!

Plus being an early adopter means I was king of Berezino and Svetlo!

Although my ping is higher than I'd like (I presume this is a West Coast server, which would be the reason), it was super responsive. Things appeared on the ground instantly, etc!

Plus being an early adopter means I was king of Berezino and Svetlo!

Looks like it's hosted with SoftLayer in San Jose, CA.

Olly would know.

Also, if you're reading this and you're the guy who just axed me in the face when I was trying to talk to you, go fuck yourself.

Sounds like the server's off to a rousing start!

Looks like it's hosted with SoftLayer in San Jose, CA.

Yep, figured. Don't take that to mean there's an issue or it's laggy. It's totally normal for connecting to the West Coast, just not the blazing speeds I get connecting to NY servers.

Got handcuffed, led around elektro and wasn't force fed anything unhealthy.

10/10 would play on this server again.

Got handcuffed, led around elektro and wasn't force fed anything unhealthy.

10/10 would play on this server again.

I think that was me...?  Did the person threaten to leave you handcuffed if you couldn't name 2 of the hosts of Idle Thumbs and then proceed to lead you around town because he didn't have keys?

Quieter then the server I used to play on but hoping the interactions will be more entertaining then the 'shoot first' mentality of most.

I think that was me...?  Did the person threaten to leave you handcuffed if you couldn't name 2 of the hosts of Idle Thumbs and then proceed to lead you around town because he didn't have keys?

Quieter then the server I used to play on but hoping the interactions will be more entertaining then the 'shoot first' mentality of most.

It must have been you ^_^ I didnt find the fire axe you mentioned but proceeded to Cherno to find a backpack and a more useful weapon. I ended up at the Balota airfield with an SKS and a hunter pack and quietly stalked another player for a few minutes and then went on my merry way.

Regarding server cost. These forums have remained proudly ad-free since always. But how about some optional electronic retail affiliate links and such?

I look forward to frequenting this server.  Hopefully the notoriety will help keep it populated (which seems to be an issue with first person only servers, despite it being the right way to play  :P).

So I logged into the server. The first thing my character thought after "I'm getting hungry", was, "Watch out for Vanaman."

what

So I logged into the server. The first thing my character thought after "I'm getting hungry", was, "Watch out for Vanaman."

what

While your interpretation is phenomenal, sadly that's just the server status message.

You may want to make the server name a bit more descriptive than just Idle Thumbs.  Something like...

IdleThumbs.Net (3PP:Off, Sensual Beans, Vanaman Hunting)

You know, the finer points.

Hey! Just wanted to reintroduce myself. I posted a long time ago and have decided to return! I haven't been a part of a forum community for a while and would love to get back into that sort to fun with the Thumbs community. For good this time, too!

The recent doublewhammy combo of Sean and Olly's Most Dangerous Game in DayZ and Idle Thumbs DayZ server going up pushed me to spend the $30 on DayZ. I just got my tax return back and the prospect getting back in with the commuity via DayZ was too good to pass up. I feel it's a fair toll to pay to be a part of this unreasonably silly fun.

I'm looking forward to gaming with fellow thumbs and being a part of the forum chatter here! See ya around.

EDIT: haha, totally thought this was in the "Introduce yourself" tab I had opened. Whoops! Ah well. Still works here.