Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Holy Priceless Collection of Etruscan Snoods, Did You Guys Know About Hot Toys?!

And then the universe justified me. They made the fucking Mountain Dew robot from the first movie.

Is there a companion Doritos truck?

I'll give you the toilet. But the rest of that is pretty standard fare as far as merchandise goes. Even the toilet, for Japan, doesn't really feel all that weird. But I'll give it to you anyway.

That toilet is amazing. I think I'd be a bit too worried about getting my entrails anywhere near it, though.

My favourite Evangelion-based merch/advertising campaign has to be the shick razors:

Evangelion+Figure+Razor+Stand+b14.jpg

fddfb0af1a24421805ae644f84be3d0d13353549

That shinji's dad is happier shaving than he is talking to his son is hilarous to me.

The worst thing about it is that it sells like fucking hot cakes over in Japan. We couldn't get a hold of the razor holder for love nor money when I was in Japan, and the campaign was in full swing then.

Back to hot toys - their latest offering looks fucking amazing. Something Ben X would probably want badly:

HOT-TOYS-MARTY-MCFLY-01.jpg

Ha, I saw that in the bttf.com newsletter (I don't go to the site any more as it's run by a homophobic dick) and while it's a nice model I'm not into them enough to pay actual money for it. Also, Marty looks a bit constipated - they haven't really captured MJF's light comedy charm there.

how much actual money would that be?

edit: did a search... damn that's a lot of money

This poped up on my twitter timeline & seems kinda awesome

http://tamashii.jp/special/chogokin/

tp_02.jpgtp_05.jpg

My wife says that's a Hate Kitty, instead of a Hello Kitty, so I guess it's some sort of cyborg nemesis?

Edit: Nevermind, mistranslation, but funny so I'll leave it here.