Sign in to follow this  
Stuart

The Idle Broadcasts Thread

It turns out someone's swiped all the names on Twitch I usually use that aren't ever taken.

I'm taking this as a sign.

That was fun! Not sure if anyone here managed to check it out but there were at least a few sweet kills during the first half of the run.

Also, live streaming is fucking weird. I figure I should say something but I'm pretty sure most of what ends up coming out of my mouth is just dumb.

I think I'm going to try and stream some Dragon Age multiplayer tonight. I'll update with a link when I've confirmed I'll have the house to myself.

What the hell. They're the same link, yet the first one doesn't work and the second one does. What the hell.

First link has a space at the end.

lol internet.  :fart:

Why not have a Thumbs community stream? Like share a broadcast token for people to use one channel so we can consolidate all these for events or multiplayer mixers and whatnot.

I did a Spelunky run tonight.  I think I'm going to leave it open to my friends list for the next few days at least so if you'd like to watch me die to dumb things send me a friend request on Steam.

If anyone is interested, I'm going to attempt to start streaming my nightly Battlefield 4 sessions. I've been playing lately with a few co-workers and we've been having a pretty good time so I figured I'd see how that translates to a stream. Hopefully our party chat isn't too annoying and I apologize in advance if I get into a constant 'spawn and die' loop and start whining.

I'll probably start around 9-10PM Arizona time each night and stream for 2-3 hours. A link to my Twitch channel is in my signature.

So I'm really digging this whole streaming thing. I've been doing it for a couple months now and have somehow managed to garner a few random followers who just happened to watch my stream and like it enough to follow my channel. One person even wrote totally decent and polite things in the chat and was totally pleasant!

Does anyone here who has more experience streaming have any advice for a relative newbie like me on how best to conduct myself and just generally things to keep in mind that might make the stream more interesting to watch? Being better at video games is obviously one but I really have no idea if I'm doing annoying things or being overly repetitive or things like that. So if any of you manage to catch one or just have general advice to give, I would love some constructive criticism.

Also, is there any way to display any kind of schedule on your channel or any way to communicate when streams would typically occur? Those email notifications are nice but it seems like typically, people wouldn't just have their email open and be able to immediately jump on. I don't exactly have much of a presence on the internet so I'm fairly limited in my options for communicating these things.

Thanks in advance for anyone who has any advice to give.

If you steamed Twisted Metal 3 on Twitch would the music detector kick you off because of the Rob Zombie? How does Twitch deal with licensed music in games?