N1njaSquirrel

Webcomics

Woah! The second one is adorable! X3

Doesn't Shmorky do a weekly animation for some site? I keep forgetting to check and always have to binge watch and forget about it again.

Cucumber quest continues to be great

591.jpg

I love the idea that the most terrifying thing that exists to a bunch of anthropomorphised cartoon rabbits is a realistic one. Conceptually i guess It's like when I see a close up on someone face on a ultra HD TV and you can see every pore and hair and vein  

I really hope this latest chapter of Gunnerkrigg Court is all just some bad dream.

God it's excruciating in the best way, isn't it. Tom Siddell's at his best when he's been ruthlessly sabotaging expectations and I think, in hindsight, the comic's been building to this for a while.

But jesus it's brutal.

I really hope this latest chapter of Gunnerkrigg Court is all just some bad dream.

F'real, ugh.

Tom Siddell got angry at all responses he got saying it was "too much" and such... I kinda agree with the readers, it was starting to be less dramatic and more ridiculous with the final strips with Antimony's father. I have nothing against drama, but once you go over a certain point with me I can no longer take it seriously. :^(

I mean it's only like what five strips or even if it's ten that's not a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. Too much, too little, that's not really relevant to me. I don't think it was ever meant to be... dramatic? It's supposed to be uncomfortable.

I don't like being uncomfortable and I don't like seeing this awesome character essentially reduced to nothing.

I don't like being uncomfortable and I don't like seeing this awesome character essentially reduced to nothing.

As it's gone on, my faith in Tom Siddell's ability as a storyteller has been rewarded handsomely. He's not devastating his characters for nothing, because he is too good to set up a storyline that's purely meant to upset or surprise the audience. Annie is stoic to a fault, so what would it take for her to let the mask slip, to not be able to cope?

Gunnerkrigg works because underneath the robots and crazy gods, there's a lot of darkness. (Siddell's pre-Gunnerkrigg ideas suffered from being too dark; spending most of the time in the light then turning directly into the void works a lot better for him.)

I'm pretty sure this whole chapter will be uncomfortable, or at least any moment involving Antimony and her father.

I guess I don't really think Gunnerkrigg Court really has that amazing of a story, so I have a much harder time letting this slide. It's just not fun. And fun is why I read Gunnerkrigg Court.

Fun like the time that Coyote tricked Ysengrin into terrorizing Annie and then ate the memory of it? Or the time that one of Annie's classmates got sucked into a nether world of unspeakable horror and was driven crazy because of it?

I agree that the chapter's uncomfortable, but that's the point and it's entirely in keeping with the story's tone. I'm confident that Tom will take it in an interesting direction and I can't wait to see what it is.

I'm not really getting the hate either, it's fascinating to me to get this insight in what was previously a largely mysterious and one-dimensional character.

Today's entry is the best post-chapter page Gunnerkrigg's ever had, methinks.

Today's entry is the best post-chapter page Gunnerkrigg's ever had, methinks.

It's atrociously beautiful. So good and so sad.

Really excited for what comes after that Gunnerkrigg chapter. I think exploring separated Kat and Annie could be really significant in the arc of the comic in general.

In other news, I'm not sure I have much of a full opinion on new Homestuck (or if anyone here even followed it), but it has reminded me how much more time, patience and energy I had for this stuff 4 years ago. Jeez.

Fuck, Tom Siddell knows how to hit where it hurts.

In other news, I'm not sure I have much of a full opinion on new Homestuck (or if anyone here even followed it), but it has reminded me how much more time, patience and energy I had for this stuff 4 years ago. Jeez.

I haven't read Homestuck since college, where I finally got tired of Hussie's inability to complete a fucking story. Every single time it hit a cliffhanger that implied impending closure, it would just cut to a different location and introduce a whole new cast of characters. I just glanced at it, and it looks like he's still on Act 6? Something bonkers like Act 7 of Act 6 of Act 6?

I've read the pre-Homestuck stories, the MS Paint Adventures, but I could never get into Homestuck, but just reading this make me glad I didn't. The lack of closure is one this that will turn me off anything.

I initially got into Homestuck because it looked like people really enjoyed seeing how crazy Problem Sleuth ended up getting and that seemed like a good thing to be in on the ground floor of.

I checked out when the bullshit started to ramp up, as I typically do, and thus got to enjoy everyone else having the cognitive dissonance of seeing something that was potentially interesting blossom into something that you needed to be in the fandom to appreciate. Everyone either checked out or got weird.

Obviously this is hyperbole, but Homestuck feels like the pyramid scheme of webcomics, where all these really talented amateur musicians/artists/programmers/etc. keep getting pulled into contributing to this one guy's master plan that will never ever pay off.

All of these things are kind of reasons I WANT to get into Homestuck. But because it's so large, I probably never will. Hurray!

Homestuck took a year-ish long break recently so Hussie could put the end together and put it all out there at once (or as close to at once as his servers could handle). Then he came back and was like, haha didn't happen, here's a little something at least, see y'all in April! And now it's still ongoing.

I liked it when it was just a cute story about four friends. Then like 8 new casts were brought in and I just threw it in the garbage where it belongs.