Tanukitsune

Snot another Kickstarter: Boogerman 20th Anniversary?

Remember Boogerman? That game about a superhero who farted, spitted and picked and flicked?

He has a Kickstarter. I'm not sure this will do well, I mean, I would still play a game about a farting superhero, but I'm pretty sure most people old enough to remember him are old enough to not like this kind of game... And the audience young enough to like this kind of game wouldn't like it being so retro in gameplay?

I kinda want it to succeed just for the Kirkhope soundtrack alone.

It's kinda silly but modern gamers can be the most puerile people and will do the dumbest things in games, but they don't seem to like dumb games like this anymore. Does it stand a chance?

I would say that if the Commander Keen one didn't succeed this one doesn't stand a chance, but... The Commander Keen one didn't really have any CK in it.

I saw this and wondered who the hell would have nostalgia for this game.

It was not good.

It's been going for a few days already, ergo it has no chance. This is my humble opinion

They've got no chance because of one simple fact, Boogerman ain't cool! Now if this was a kickstarter for a certain dark furred hedgehog those pledges would be though the roof

You know, if would be kinda hilarious if they made a Titus one...

I should really replay this game to see if was any good or not, the young me thought it was awesome, but I also thought Garfield was funny back then. :|

Now if this was a kickstarter for a certain dark furred hedgehog those pledges would be though the roof

Shadow: Origins

A HD re-imaging of Ropocop vs terminator would absolutely kill it! Especially on the eve of the Ropocop reboot

Give me classic robocop turning 80's street pucks in to mush

What could possibly go wrong with a Bubsy Kickstarter? 

But nah, he got three games and a

, which is more than any mediocre mascot deserves.

Since this is has turned into a mascot thread what you do you guys think about Cool Spot? I remember them being pretty solid?

I'm not really sure why they'd do a Boogerman Kickstarter considering how few people like or remember Boogerman.

But nah, he got three games and a

, which is more than any mediocre mascot deserves.

The worst thing Rob Paulsen has ever leant his good name to.

Apparently Bubsy 3D was unveiled at the same trade show as Super Mario 64. Since nobody had done a 3D platformer before, the devs involved were super proud of their work. Alleged quote from them right after Mario was first shown off: "Well, fuck."

I saw this and wondered who the hell would have nostalgia for this game.

It was not good.

I can't even believe any of the developers who worked on it felt that it was a good idea enough to reboot. I mean, come on, it was just a bad game trying to ride the irreverent Earthworm Jim wave in the 90s.

Oh man, we clearly live in the worst alternate universe if the Boogerman Kickstarter happens before the Earthworm Jim Kickstarter.

According to various things I've read by TenNapel, the rights to Earthworm Jim is owned by multiple parties, making it very difficult for anyone to agree on the production. I know even before the shitty HD remake there was a new PSP game in store involving some consulting by a couple of members of the former team, but I guess it got axed. Looked like it was going to be shit, it was very ugly and the gameplay videos appear to be chock full of crap platforming. Made me think of that awful Boy and His Blob for DS that was slated for release but thankfully disappeared and replaced later with the great Wayforward Wii game.

I only vaguely remember the original Genesis game from a blockbuster rental many years ago. Keep wanting to return to try it out. I recall it being hard, all your ammo is limited and you only get a couple of hits before you die. Honestly don't know if it's good. I'd imagine not.

Oh man, we clearly live in the worst alternate universe if the Boogerman Kickstarter happens before the Give Patrick Suitcases Full Of Hundred Dollar Bills Kickstarter.

Earthworm Jim is based on his design for the TV show and not the original game art. NO SALE.

God, Boogerman has the worst chin. It's just a big stupid oval with no definition.

What... but they have completely different game mechanics, it's like adding Mega Man to Mario as player two, either Jim is going to be much less powerful or it's going to be too easy in co-op.

Earthworm Jim is based on his design for the TV show and not the original game art. NO SALE.

God, Boogerman has the worst chin. It's just a big stupid oval with no definition.

I'm convinced he's a homeless potato that somehow secretes mucus