TheLastBaron

Sports

in other news Chicago Cubs won their first play off series in ~12yrs and are actually really pretty good this season.  

Personally i cant stand cubs fans, the whole Wrigleyville neighborhood, and even the stadium will grate on me (i do the sign work there and causes major stress &  strain from March -> June).  However i do promote what is good for Chicago - and them finally getting a WS win would be great for Chicago.  Also - the incredible coincidence of Back to the Future predicting the 2015 cubs win would be amazing.  i can already see the conspiracy theorists talking about how the game is rigged, etc. And the number one reason i care if they win - finally will shut up about it all.  Curse of the goat, bartman, whatever else - bad management, hot/cold streaks, and poor prospects have been their downfall - not superstitions.

The kicker got replaced or the groin did?

Well they didn't replace him with a groin, just a defective kicker. I am hoping his bad groin gets fixed to become a healthy one, for everyone's sake.

Yesterday's Blue Jays-Rangers game was the most incredible baseball game I've ever seen. An almost-unheard of error by Russell Martin in the weirdest situation you could imagine, three errors in a row by Elvis Andrus. And then this.

101415_tor_bats_batflip_lowres_gjvlzoc9.

I'll remember that for the rest of my life.

Wait so he hit the ball, and just stood there watching it because he knew it'd be a home run?

I don't watch sports, or baseball, but that's pretty badass.

Wait so he hit the ball, and just stood there watching it because he knew it'd be a home run?

Not as uncommon as you'd think, but that's a particularly awesome reaction.

Oh! Neat. I think I could like baseball if I want so busy doing other things.

It was more than the intensity of the reaction and the bat flip than the fact of staring. 

Yes. It cleared the fence by like 75 feet, and was ultimately the game-winning hit. It was preceded by one of the most emotional and bizarre half hours or so in playoff baseball ever. It was an insane, awesome reaction, and old people get mad so it's twice as good.

I wish I could find a GIF that showed his face. When he flipped the bat, he looked like he was challenging God to throw a fastball he couldn't hit over the fence.

Thanks! I actually found a video of it on YouTube and made a gif from that.

PIca5_.gif

The Royals are once again making dramatic waves, and I haven't been able to watch a single post season game so far. We turned off our satellite this summer (never watched it), and I keep forgetting to go somewhere to watch a game.

I listened on the radio last night. Depressing, but good on Volquez and Perez for taking the right approach to the Jays' lineup. Shutting out those bats is a feat to be proud of.

So I was never a huge John Scott fan, even when he played for the Sharks last season, but after following the drama around him with the NHL all star game and reading what he's said/written I got a lot of respect for him.

There is going to be a 30 for 30 documentary on John Scott and that All Star Game real soon.

And to think that the NHL for so long seemed dead set against that happening.

That's the best all-star game I've ever seen, I'm going to remember everyone lifting up John Scott after him winning the MVP for a long time.

So I was never a huge John Scott fan, even when he played for the Sharks last season, but after following the drama around him with the NHL all star game and reading what he's said/written I got a lot of respect for him.

I didn't realize until after the voting was finished that there was a new "Vote For Rory" campaign going on. His honest writing about what happened basically confirms our suspicions in 2007 that the NHL doctored the online votes to not include Rory Fitzpatrick, and also that they were pressuring him to not attend (before rigging the vote) because they're tone deaf and hate fun. I'm so glad that Scott both attended the game and was public about what happened leading up. The way it ended was just fairytale.