Sign in to follow this  
Nick Breckon

Dota Today 6: The Hoove Oeuvre, with Greg Kasavin

JiggzSawpuzzle, I cannot tell you how much it pleases me to see your Provost Zakharov avatar. I'm almost tempted to set up a spam account as Miriam and harass you around the forums.

The cast said to say something in the steam group chat if we wanted to join the guild, but that shit is always empty, so I figured I'd just ask here. If anyone sees this, I would like to join the guild. My steam name is the same as my username here.

Yeah, I've never seen anyone in there, nor in the in-game chat which is confusing and weird. There always seem to be multiple idlethumbs channels with nobody in them. Or is it a chat system where people's names only show up in the right-hand column when they've recently spoken?

I don't know, it's all very distressing and confusing.

I'm starting to think the chat system is bugged? Because last week there were tons of people, I reformat, the channel always appears empty.

Also TheLastBaron has been adding people, though I keep missing him.

It is bugged, I think. I did some googling. If you enable the console by putting -console in the launch options (can put -novid in while you're there to get rid of creepy Valve guy) then in the console in game type:

dota_custom_channels "idlethumbs;anyotherchannelyouwant;"

Then restart Dota. It should get you in and show you other users. I still haven't seen anyone else say anything in there but I might just be on at the wrong time of day.

On a less techy note, I've gotten into Dota hard in the last week, entirely thanks to the podcast and watching TI2 after I heard you guys talking about it on Idle Thumbs. I've been playing support Venomancer and just had my first stop as the pitcher, not the catcher, was awesome. Cheers to you, Dotatodes.

Any chance of getting a Dota stream from Sean while he sits at home with his broken leg? Get well soon King Vanaman. Are us Irish thumbs now his vassals?

Any chance of getting a Dota stream from Sean while he sits at home with his broken leg? Get well soon King Vanaman. Are us Irish thumbs now his vassals?

That depends, do you value the aliveness of your wife? If you're not married... that can be... arranged...

It is bugged, I think. I did some googling. If you enable the console by putting -console in the launch options (can put -novid in while you're there to get rid of creepy Valve guy) then in the console in game type:

dota_custom_channels "idlethumbs;anyotherchannelyouwant;"

Then restart Dota. It should get you in and show you other users. I still haven't seen anyone else say anything in there but I might just be on at the wrong time of day.

There's an easier way! If you click "Create Chat Channel" instead of trying to join one and type idlethumbs, you'll actually join the existing channel. Utterly counter-intuitive, but it works.

So for the international 3 a lot of places are doing the equivalent on barcrafts, only now it's called a pubstomp.  Dear Mom in sf is doing one and while I'm going to be out of the country it sound like it'll be super cool watching the games live with a huge crowd.  I believe it's on the 11th, so for the grand finals.

That depends, do you value the aliveness of your wife? If you're not married... that can be... arranged...

Hmmm, I respect King Vanaman quite a bit, but I'm worried about his concept of acceptable age differences in marriage. 

The International has been incredible, and has made me miss Dota Today quite a bit. Haven't been able to find an Irish Pubstomp nearby though :( 

So for the international 3 a lot of places are doing the equivalent on barcrafts, only now it's called a pubstomp.  Dear Mom in sf is doing one and while I'm going to be out of the country it sound like it'll be super cool watching the games live with a huge crowd.  I believe it's on the 11th, so for the grand finals.

Hey, is anyone going to this? (Specifically this one.) I'm thinkin' about it. Someone else do it, too!