miffy495

Grand Thumb Auto retro PC edition

That last video sounds like I'm talking about masturbation, but I promise it was about painting my Warhammer army.

Nice vids. I can recommend using software like Adobe Premiere if your on a windows machine and Final cut when your on an apple.

I'm sure those are both fine recommendations, but I'd rather not have to 1) pay much, and 2) pirate anything. I used to use a not-entirely-legal copy of Sony Vegas, which worked great, but then it stopped working and I developed a stupid conscience regarding copyright. I've been trying to use Lightworks, but that's a bugger about codecs and resolutions, and takes forever to transcode anything more than a minute or so. I've also tried Blender on the recommendation of a co-worker, but that's set up for 3D editing and therefore has perplexing key bindings, doesn't show timecodes by default (though I imagine that can be changed), a imported the audio nd video at different lengths. Nothing insurmountable, but more than I can be bothered with whenever I decide to edit some video.

Anyway, I'd better sort something out, because this bloody stuff is consuming masses of space.

I really like the way I killed James in the last video.

Me too. It was almost balletic.

There now follows a series of instructional videos on the proper use of fire engines:

Note Dylan's majestic arc in the distance at the beginning of the third clip.

Can we try some episodes at some point?

Of course, assuming the majority has the episodes..?

Let's leave them a week or so though. We can ask next session (this Monday!) who has them and give people time to download them if they need to for a later date.

We're going again later today, so come along if you can make it!

I forgot to ask how everyone felt about trying some Episodes multiplayer this week, so we'll start off with the regular GTA IV to begin with, and see what people would like to do as we go.

Also also, we had some twitchiness [read: bullshit] with the game's lobby and privacy settings last week - sorry Patters, no idea why you were banned - so we may need to have others try hosting if it's still a problem.

I won't be around next week (w/c 19th Aug) so you'll need to organise yourselves. :)

I'll stick something in the Steam calendar as always though.

I should be aboot! Sorry I missed last time. I stupidly made other plans that involved being somewhere outside of my room. What an idiot.

So instead of just pasting a bunch of annoying Flash embeds,

's the playlist (currently at 8 hours) I'm uploading everything to. I realize it's probably not very interesting to anyone, though it may be cool to look back on in thirty years.

So instead of just pasting a bunch of annoying Flash embeds, here's the playlist (currently at 8 hours) I'm uploading everything to. I realize it's probably not very interesting to anyone, though it may be cool to look back on in thirty years.

a) "Here" doesn't appear to refer to anything. Forgetted you the link?

B) I'm finding myself with less and less motivation to go to the trouble of processing the stuff I record, particularly after spending hours trying to work out what format to keep things in for the long term, and why when I encode it in whatever format I decided on nothing except VLC and YouTube will read it right. I get frustrated and bored so it ends up just eating masses of space. Also I don't like leaving my PC on for days on end to do all this then upload it then realize I did something wrong and do it all again. I may take a crack at rooting out some highlights later this week, perhaps.

Anyway,

my playlist NOTE HOW IT'S A LINK TOBLIX YOU FUCKER