Frenetic Pony

Nextbox 1080: The Reckoning

It's it already could powered?

Next thing you know, your Live email inbox is going to be "on the omfg cloud."

You know like how all email inboxes are.

Didn't they already do that?

I vaguely remember seeing some sort of message from Microsoft saying my emails would now be stored "in the cloud!"

Ah shit I've just been completely sold on titanfall listening to the end of this video (it's time stamped) http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/14/4430618/a-very-special-besties-videocast-e3-2013

Lucky it not out till spring next year (hopefully it'll get delayed :) ) then I won't have to buy an xbone until sometime after next years E3... And if xbone is doing really badly maybe they'll announce a price cut next E3? Could that be likely?

At the end of the day I just want a machine that plays game, I don't mind about the always on thing. I just don't want a fucking kinect

Edit. Just found out Titanfall is coming to 360 \o/

At the end of the day I just want a machine that plays game, I don't mind about the always on thing. I just don't want a fucking kinect

You know, there's this thing. It's called "PC"?

360 port of Titanfall is being farmed out to a third-party, I'd definitely take the PC version over 360.

Yea I used to consider myself an MGS super fan, but I missed out on Peace Walker and I feel totally lost with this plot now.

I played Peace Walker and I'm totally lost too.

RUMOR: Microsoft doing a 180 and removing all the DRM stuff, including always online requirements and used games limitations.

HYPERLINK

Oh, so apparently the fancy sharing and giving away of online games is now gone, and playing disc-based games will obviously now require the disc in the drive.

Microsoft have now got a good chance of competing because this will likely have earned them a lot of goodwill with those they pissed off. Could be one of the most incredible turnarounds in PR history. 

I love how much they use 'just like the 360' in that press release

Sounds like its going to be region free as well (like the PS4)

RUMOR: Microsoft doing a 180 and removing all the DRM stuff, including always online requirements and used games limitations.

HYPERLINK

Oh, so apparently the fancy sharing and giving away of online games is now gone, and playing disc-based games will obviously now require the disc in the drive.

Holy shit! My mind is now blown.

Could be one of the most incredible turnarounds in PR history. 

Holy shit again, yes! Wow, just wow. I take back a good portion of the negative stuff I've said about Xbone. That is a very admirable thing for them to do. My decision just got a hell of a lot tougher. 

I enjoyed not having to make a difficult decision! Now I'm paralyzed with anxiety again.

I'll probably stick with the PS4, but, on the other hand, I'm a stupid person and kinda want the new Kinect for reasons unknown.

My guess is they had this as a backup plan all along, and it was automatically set into motion by a cloud-based AI that realized that the negative effects of the internet rage would be greater than those of whatever deals they're now dropping or changing with publishers. They're all just waiting for an all-digital marketplace where the concept of a used game does not exist.

Toblix, you're probably right about them having this as a backup plan all along. It puts them back in an advantageous position because now they are likely to be viewed as the company that was willing to go to more extreme lengths to please the consumer.

I wonder if they are in a stronger position now than if they would have done this from the start. Now this is really becoming like the presidential debates.

Annoyingly titanfall looks like the best of all the next gen exclusives.... But it's not coming out till spring, maybe I'll just pick up the xbone next April (my birthday).

I've recently let my Xbox gold lapse and took out a years worth of playstation plus, so I'm sticking with Sony for the foreseeable future

Oh, and the Witness

My guess is they had this as a backup plan all along, and it was automatically set into motion by a cloud-based AI that realized that the negative effects of the internet rage would be greater than those of whatever deals they're now dropping or changing with publishers. They're all just waiting for an all-digital marketplace where the concept of a used game does not exist.

Speaking of clouds, the backup plan also includes making every single-player game 'cloud-enhanced', whether the cloud actually does anything or not. And there we have it, always-online DRM because the slightest loss of connectivity means your games all die. Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho!

On a more serious note, I'm still on team PS4 because I think it has the best overall control system. Despite the Kinect's advanced nature I still think the control options with the PS4 will lead to more interesting interaction in non-party games.

Who am I kidding though, I'm going to end up with both like a big bitch. 

Yeah, the PS4 still has me with the lower price point but I will be much more inclined to pick up an Xbone at some point.

R.I.P.

Driveatar

June 10th, 2013 - June 19th, 2013

We will never know if we would have missed you.