melmer

Destiny

Well that was certainly a thing. Can some/most of us pick this back up again tomorrow? The part we're in seems fairly straightforward and just needs some tight execution, especially after all that puzzle stuff.

Well that was certainly a thing. Can some/most of us pick this back up again tomorrow? The part we're in seems fairly straightforward and just needs some tight execution, especially after all that puzzle stuff.

1) This doesn't even sound like the same game I've been playing (I'm level 25, still mostly doing vanilla strikes and solo patrols).

2) You can stop in the middle of the raid? How does that work? I did a weekly heroic strike with a pal the other day, and after our third dropped out, we had a rough time taking down the archon on Venus. Took us a couple hours. I had to take a break at one point to eat dinner and be acknowledge my wife's existence, so it was up to my pal to keep our server connection up. Made me wish we could save and come back.

I can make it tonight but I don't want to bump anybody else's spot. There isn't much wine left this morning so hopefully I'll play a little tighter. Guess it's time to grind out some more helium.

I'm starting to think I'm done with Destiny. I've logged on 4 days this week, and immediately logged out since none of my friends list was there to team up for a weekly or nightfall and certainly not enough to organise a raid.

It sucks because I really enjoy the game, but it's dying for me because of a severe lack of social features.

1) This doesn't even sound like the same game I've been playing (I'm level 25, still mostly doing vanilla strikes and solo patrols).

2) You can stop in the middle of the raid? How does that work? I did a weekly heroic strike with a pal the other day, and after our third dropped out, we had a rough time taking down the archon on Venus. Took us a couple hours. I had to take a break at one point to eat dinner and be acknowledge my wife's existence, so it was up to my pal to keep our server connection up. Made me wish we could save and come back.

There's a raid lockout mechanic, where if you reenter within a certain time period it puts you back to where you were before. That being said, I'm not sure if it keys off of the fireteam leader's state or if it's doing something like polling everyone on the team and putting the fireteam where the majority of the people are at.

I finally got a raid in on Xbone with randoms from destinylfg.net and it was super great, everyone had a mic and nobody was screaming. They were very patient and explained the mechanics of everything to me although I accidentally teleported once in the final fight, which we eventually have up on after about four wipes. (People had to go get food etc - had been about 3 hours.)

Really a great time - I wish they had some of the mechanics in other modes and matchmaking is again painfully missing.

Edit: .net not .com which also apparently exists

apologies, am battling through a cold an overslept the start time will be on in a bit after i grab something to eat.

I still haven't been able to do the Weekly Strike, if anyone wants to do it this afternoon let me know otherwise I'll try out one of those LFG sites. Also, is anyone regularly running the Weekly Nightfall strike? Now that I'm level 28 and I have a decent selection of weapons, I think I'd be game to try it every week.

I still haven't been able to do the Weekly Strike, if anyone wants to do it this afternoon let me know otherwise I'll try out one of those LFG sites. Also, is anyone regularly running the Weekly Nightfall strike? Now that I'm level 28 and I have a decent selection of weapons, I think I'd be game to try it every week.

I'd be up for the weekly but not until evening EST

I haven't completed a Nightfall strike, but got to the boss arena by myself when getting kills for part of the Pocket Infinity's bounty. I would be game for trying to actually complete it.

Also, my aforementioned surprise family visit did indeed disrupt my entire weekend, so I didn't get to do much of the raid. I want to go through the whole thing, so if there's anyone who wants to run it (either from the beginning or whatever first boss checkpoint I have saved), let me know.

I'm up for more raiding, but since Raid progress resets on Tuesdays we shouldn't start it today.

If I can grab exactly One Zillion helium filaments tonight (maybe!) and level up my gear to 27 or 28, I'd be game to start raidin'. I'll also be around 8pm-ish eastern tonight.

Did you guys read up on the Raid first or go in blind. Wondering if it's more rewarding than frustrating having to work out exactly what's going on. I hope so.

I find personally that I only enjoy watching videos of end-game content I never plan to run; the "know the raid or don't waste our time, watch a video first, etc." mentality that permeates MMOs nowadays stings a bit. Figuring something out with friends, or being walked through by friends when I'm blind, is far more enjoyable for me. I've heard VoG is at its best when you go in with a group of mostly-new folks, but I haven't run it yet.

That said, I am 100% guilty of sort-of-spoiling the final boss and the mechanics therein while watching some streams at work. I've tried to steer clear since, but I have some comprehension of that final fight.

I kinda feel like regardless of knowing what the trick is exactly, actually executing is way harder than it looks and the simple knowledge doesn't spoil that challenge/discovery aspect.

I'm hoping to maybe get my Warlock to 28 by the weekend, and I'd be down to do the raid then.  Of course, this is predicated on me going from 25->28 this week.

If I can grab exactly One Zillion helium filaments tonight (maybe!) and level up my gear to 27 or 28, I'd be game to start raidin'. I'll also be around 8pm-ish eastern tonight.

Exactly the thing I have to do.  I bought purple leg armor from the store, and I've unlocked like 4 of the defense upgrades on it, but since they all take 16 helium fragments and I started with basically none, I've been spending all my time on the Moon looking for helium.  All that helium will at least get me to the 3rd level of upgrades, at which point I still need all that helium but also need shards for upgrades.

PSN is down for me, still... but is there a case for farming parties? Dull, but potentially rewarding!

I kinda feel like regardless of knowing what the trick is exactly, actually executing is way harder than it looks and the simple knowledge doesn't spoil that challenge/discovery aspect.

Ditto that. I managed to find another raid group and even knowing exactly what we had to do, just the very last phase, the one where you actually kill the end boss, still took us a whole mess of tries. The basic mechanic remains the same, but we ended up shuffling through iterations in terms of who was going to be assigned to which task until we settled on something that was going to work for our particular mix of levels and player ability etc., and that's going to vary for any group you end up in, I think.

PSN is down for me, still... but is there a case for farming parties? Dull, but potentially rewarding!

I have farmed with others and I think 3 is about the max since the respawn times get messed up if someone is too far ahead or behind. It's nice to not have to run into every single cave / room, though.

Had quite the day today. Got my first exotic weapon bounty (had the choice of Pocket Infinity, Super Good Advice, and Bad Juju -- I took SGA), got two rare ship blueprints (something-or-other Falling and Crypt Hammer, which I'm going to assume is the Destiny-verse version of Foe Hammer), and maxed out Invisible Hand!

I'd recommend going into the raid blind, if at all possible. The giantbomb crew did!

Yeah the shards are the real slog honestly. At some point I think you buy legendary gear at the vendors just to level it up and break it down for shards.

you don't need to bother leveling it up, you get the same number of Ascendant shards reguardless