melmer

Destiny

I'm really talking about the overall pace of the game. I definitely prefer a slower paced PVP experience, but I've not really touched the PVP in a while, so I assume I'll be awful. 

The PVE just feels too slow for me now. I can't sprint around the arenas dodging everything and using hit and run tactics. I tend to find a safe spot, shoot, move to a new safe spot.

I've won 5 out of 20+ matches and I'm usually in the top 4 on my teams. This is going well.

EDIT: I just lost a match by 10,000 points. It was so bad the game was just like nah we're ending this.

EDIT: I WON A MATCH AFTER ALMOST TWO STRAIGHT HOURS OF PLAYING?!?

Yeah I've jumped back in as well. Just been doing some of the new quests and things I had left open when I dropped off. I wouldn't worry too much about increasing your light level at this point. The expansion ups the light level to 400 and I imagine it's main questline will get you well on your way. But for now here's a fancy graphic I found on reddit that lists the light level caps for the various activities.

My PSN ID is spork_armada. If anyone sees me online feel free to join up.

BTW would we have enough interest in doing a blind raid at some point for Rise of Iron? Might be hard to avoid spoilers but was (mostly) a lot of fun figuring out the Taken King raid.

I'ts not precisely that I'm worried about the current level, just that it's disheartening for every single engram / drop to be level 240. It's nice to know where to get at least the change of an upgrade. Looks like mainly PoE then for what's feasible with my current gear.

Faction rep packages, including from the Gunsmith, are good for getting up to 330. You'll generally get stuff that's a little higher Light than you are. Works alright for those of us who tend to play solo, though it does take some time.

I would definitely be down for a blind raid, and I could likely recruit my IRL Destiny buddy to join in, if we need people.

I would totally be down for a blind raid. I only gave up on the year 2 triumphs when I realized I wasn't sure if any of my gear would still be useful come Rise Of Iron but it reminded me how much fun this game really is.

I'm going to be unreliable due to kids & time zone so I can't really promise much but I'm on most evenings (eu time) atm. I'd be very happy to tag along with whatever people are doing.

I'd love to do a blind raid, but I've arranged to do it with a friend of mine so there'd have to be two spaces.

If anyone still needs to complete the year two Moments of Triumph, this week all three challenge modes are active in the King's Fall raid and all three T3 Court of Oryx bosses are on rotation. Pretty cool! I would love to knock out all three CMs in one last run before the new hotness hits next week.

I'm not sure this is really an "ARG", it seems more like there are buffs that spread between players ingame, and more people receiving the buffs unlocks more entries on the website. Considering the expansion is out on tuesday I doubt there's anything to figure out. The practical ingame effect is that we're getting increased rep and XP gain for having one of the buffs. It's some fun story content (outside of the game, as is tradition) but I don't think there's going to be any great surprises.

You can read the entries here, they're pretty interesting: http://owlsector.bungie.net/#en

In the logs those buffs are being called armor infections of some sort. I know this won't happen but I'd love for it to be a precursor to some sort of gear reset because the internet rage would be top notch. People still want their Fatebringers upgraded...

For the new raid let's go with this:

1. Me

2. Vasari

3. Vasari's friend

4. Vulpes Absurda

5. Mechanations

6. Mechanations friend/someone from here?

We'll leave that 6th spot kinda open in case someone else from here really wants to do it. Once we're all geared up for the thing we can lock down a time and that last spot. Probably earlyish on a Saturday or Sunday to make it work for the various time zones.

Does everyone know what they'll be playing for the Raid? I can do warlock or hunter but if we want to do the raid relatively soon I might not have time to gear up both so letting me know ahead of time if possible would be great.

The only character I have at 40 with decent gear is a Warlock so I'll be using that one.

Leveling up alts is kinda tedious which is too bad because I wanna be able to mix up which ones I use to run the new stuff.

Bought The Collection on Sunday after some talking into it by some friends. Hadn't played since vanilla Destiny, and damn it's much better now. Not 40 yet, but maybe in a week or two I'll be able to play with some of you!

Ah, okay. May do that. If not on my main which is at 27 (running through TTK at the moment), then on a secondary character.

A small bit of advice anyone that tries to get the SIVA cluster at the top of Fellwinter's Peak. Make sure you respec yourself for max agility...I stupidly assumed it didn't factor in in the social spaces but after spending an embarrassing amount of time falling of that stupid mountain I changed it and it actually makes a pretty huge difference. Based on the number of people dying along with me though, I wasn't alone...

We're not planning to try the raid this weekend, are we? The Light recommendation is 360, which would be difficult for me to hit unless I, like, skipped work and played all day tomorrow. But maybe everyone else has made more efficient use of their past 48 hours.

A small bit of advice anyone that tries to get the SIVA cluster at the top of Fellwinter's Peak. Make sure you respec yourself for max agility...I stupidly assumed it didn't factor in in the social spaces but after spending an embarrassing amount of time falling of that stupid mountain I changed it and it actually makes a pretty huge difference. Based on the number of people dying along with me though, I wasn't alone...

That took me most of an hour last night. Even with agility cranked up, some of the jumps are super tricky.