Sign in to follow this  
Alunnite

New year's resolutions

I'm going to get less fat. Today i didn't get chesse on my wrap. i did get a lion bar.

Wrong choice. You should eat lots of fat and no carbs/sugar.

My new year's resolution was to not make a new year's resolution but I realized I had already broken my resolution the moment I finished that thought.

Actually my new resolution was to quit smoking, so far I've succeeded. If tomorrow goes well the hardest will be behind me and I'll be happy. I also have a secret second resolution and I'm not telling.

Congrats!  Stick with it.

I almost quit early in December.  Got down to only smoking a few a day, rather than my normal pack a day.   But then the holidays hit and I backslid. 

Not fuck up at stuff. That sums up my resolutions for this year.

Sometimes fucking up is useful though!  I wouldn't be where I am today had I not fucked up considerably at various points in my life....and I realize that may not be a ringing endorsement for fucking up. 

I made a new years resolution to stop drinking, stop complaining, and stop making fun of new years resolutions.

I guess, better luck next year.

Actually my new resolution was to quit smoking, so far I've succeeded. If tomorrow goes well the hardest will be behind me and I'll be happy.

Idle Lungs.

Last year I resolved to not give up on guitar, having picked it back up again that summer. I have continued playing nearly every day (excluding days when I'm not at home) this year, and feel very proud of myself. This year, I just want to keep the momentum going and really get my career on track. That's not really a resolution so much as "fuck, I'm 26 now with two degrees, I need to stop working at coffee shops" though.

A podcast about archetypes and the collective unconscious:  Idle Jungs.

A podcast about smoking marijuana, Idle Bongs.  :grin:

Sometimes fucking up is useful though!  I wouldn't be where I am today had I not fucked up considerably at various points in my life....and I realize that may not be a ringing endorsement for fucking up. 

I guess another resolution is to be less pessimistic I guess!

Bongs?  bongs are so 2010.  I bet the only apparatuses Sean and Chris deign to use for their marijuana are

1) the ploom Pax vape (mainstream design-aware hipster choice)

2) a briar-wood pipe

Jake and Nick are not included because they're happy with their juice boxes.

Last year I resolved to not give up on guitar, having picked it back up again that summer. I have continued playing nearly every day (excluding days when I'm not at home) this year, and feel very proud of myself.

Make a podcast about the monotony of it: My Dull Thrums.

Start a podcast about Castro hitchhiking his way to power, call it Fidel Thumbs.

1) the ploom Pax vape (mainstream design-aware hipster choice)

Oooh, I want one... for my tobacco of course.

Jake and Nick are not included because they're happy with their juice boxes.

Jake maybe, but Nick strikes me as a gas mask type of guy.

Make a podcast about vaginas and call it Idle Clunge

Ah you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!

Make a podcast about the monotony of it: My Dull Thrums.

Idle Strums

Oooh, I want one... for my tobacco of course.

Honestly, the current version has some drawbacks - it's hard to clean, yet it needs cleaning at least once a week, and it doesn't heat the herbs evenly so you need to stir the basket halfway through.  I hope that they're working on a version 2 right now which will solve these problems, making it the best portable vaporizer (rather than just the best looking).

Oh, also, a podcast for Sean's new baby (he's aready halfway to the "geek dad" archetype):  Cradle Thumbs.

A woman doing her phd after me was working on a new design for "tobacco" vaporizers.

Honestly, the current version has some drawbacks - it's hard to clean, yet it needs cleaning at least once a week, and it doesn't heat the herbs evenly so you need to stir the basket halfway through.  I hope that they're working on a version 2 right now which will solve these problems, making it the best portable vaporizer (rather than just the best looking).

I have half a dozen straightened out paperclips covered in resin that I regularly have to use to clear out my apparatuses. So any level of cleaning it requires couldn't be as annoying as the sticky mess I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Also, a podcast about fruit ripening: Idle Plums.