melmer

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like CHRISTMAS

It's beginning to look a lot like Holidays around here! Merry Holidays, everyone.

First time I haven't gone out on Christmas Eve in ten years and its the heaviest rain ever. It's fucking glorious. All the arse holes pouring out of Chicago rock standing in line to get their double the price taxis home. Magic

Enterprise seemed like it did some interesting plot arc stuff later on, but I couldn't get over the theme tune and the early scene where two characters had to strip down to their underwear and rub each other with space-lube for science reasons.

I enjoyed the reference to Archer's beagle in the Star Trek reboot.

I dislike Enterprise for a lot of different reasons than I think most people. I really like the theme song, a lot of the plot arcs are great (though I would have also been happy with nothing but day-to-day stuff like TNG), and the characters are some of my favorite in the canon of Star Trek (Phlox, Malcom).

That said, it reaches too far. It tries to be the BSG reboot before its time, something darker and more internal conflict driven and Star Trek has never really been about that (barring V, VI and VII and anyone who likes those movies needs their head checked for holes). I like Enterprise well enough, but not enough that I'm ever going to purposefully watch it again.

Merry Christmas, internet dudes/dudettes.

Edit: TOS will forever be my favorite Trek, with DS9 as a close second.

^ I enjoy how non sequitur this seems because of the page break.

I actually watched it recently, since I had never seen all of it and always wanted to go back and see all of it. I stopped watching it after the episode where the writers ruined the thing with T'Pol and Tucker. Such bullshit, which made no sense except for that the writers obviously tried to milk it for all its worth.

It was the whole marriage thing. Tucker just lets her do it!

It's kind of funny when you put Enterprise next to something like Star Gate Atlantis. They gate to a new world and it´s like ¨Let´s educate these savages!¨ while in Enterprise it´s more like ¨It´s not our place to do anything about that. Or is it?¨

Stargate (1 and Atlantis, U is best left off the table) are soap operas to the max and I love them.

Stargate (1 and Atlantis, U is best left off the table) are soap operas to the max and I love them.

I echo this statement in its entirety.