toblix

Steam Summer Sale 2012

Hilarious joke about wallets!

Annoyingly, when I loaded up the store, one of the nine deals of the day was a gray square saying "SORRY THIS GAME IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION"

Oh, also Crusader Kings 2 is 75% off.

Sold and I'll take that Sword of Islam thingy too! Once the store stops timing out.

Aw I was really hoping Blur would get a discount. That game looks like exactly the kind of casual racer I need right now.

I guess I can spring the 20 bucks...

If the Steam sales have taught me anything, it's to not buy anything that doesn't have crazy discount yet. I bought Bionic Commando for me and a friend for 20 bucks a piece when it was 25% off the 2nd last day of a summer sale. The last day it was on for 75% off. :tdown:

Aw there's no fun metagame this time around.

Probably for the best.

Yeah, last time everything went a little out of control and they ran out prizes pretty fast.

I'm not very "afraid" of the sale this time, there aren't that many games that I haven't gotten from a previous sale that I might care about.

I buy so many games during Steam sales and play none of them. I have an aging MacBook, which means I spent $25 so I could look at the name "iD Classic Collection" on a list of uninstalled games.

So should I buy the PC only Bethesda collection?

Aw there's no fun metagame this time around.

Probably for the best.

There is 'this' though;

Steam-Summer-Sale.png

...does anyone have the full badge and does it provide anything or is it just for show is the question.

Yeah I saw that. I'm going to assume no one can get that full badge until the last day, since you have to participate in at least one vote each day. U:

"Pillar of Community" is a bit lame. I don't have a facebook account, so I can never complete that.

Anyway... nothing of interest in the current sales. I already have everything I'm interesed in.

Annoyingly, when I loaded up the store, one of the nine deals of the day was a gray square saying "SORRY THIS GAME IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION"

That happened to me the first time I loaded up the front page, but it's working now. It was the first Indie Bundle pack that was hidden, or it was for me at least.

Yeah, I haven't seen it since, and I just assumed there were more than nine things on sale. I guess I requested the page in the middle of an unsafe transaction or something.

The first post in this thread has a lot of good deals that would be easy to miss otherwise. I'm tempted to get World of Goo at 75%, as it seems unlikely that it will drop any more on a daily. I might wait and see though, you never know.

I didn't end up getting Crusader Kings back when we were talking about so I picked it up today. Still no computer, but we should try to organize a Thumb game within the next month if anyone is interested.

The first post in this thread has a lot of good deals that would be easy to miss otherwise.

Ah, good. Found a couple of interesting ones:

Scratches - is this the game Steve Gaynor mentioned in an interview about Gone Home?

Robin Hood - a game with many flaws, but if you enjoyed Desperados or the Commandos games, you might like parts of it (at that price I dare recommend it)

I'm considering Legend of Grimrock for a paltry €5,59 and The Binding of Isaac for 2andthensome.

500 euros? You won't see penny one from me, you slag!

Anyone play Dark Messiah of Might and Magic? It's down to $2.50 for the day. I want to try it, as it looks to be a great antecedent to Dishonored. (Devs in common)

Anyone play Dark Messiah of Might and Magic? It's down to $2.50 for the day. I want to try it, as it looks to be a great antecedent to Dishonored. (Devs in common)

I loved the game, mostly for the unique use of environment in combat (kicking Orcs into fires, spikes, down the stairs etc.), although it gets boring at one point. At that price, it's probably worth playing through the first half and not finishing it.

I hear Dark Messiah is good fun with tactile combat. (Things I wish from the Might & Magic universe: a new proper Might & Magic RPG and an oldschool Heroes of Might & Magic game that captures the charm and 2D fantasy world the series was known and beloved for.)

Question of my own: if I buy Shogun 2 (10 Euros), is it absolutely essential to get the Fall of the Samurai expansion pack with that (which is kind of expensive because it's new)?

I don't know about the Falll of the Samurai, but I think Shogun 2 is well worth the 10 euros. You can always buy the expansion in the winter sale.

Unfortunately, my money is apparently not good enough for Steam, as it won't let me pass beyond the Paypal information screen.

And before I can send a mail to their customer support, I need to create a second, separate account which I refuse to do for reasons of what the fuck.

I'm considering Legend of Grimrock for a paltry €5,59 and The Binding of Isaac for 2andthensome.

500 euros? You won't see penny one from me, you slag!

Grim rock is great but rock hard. They are releasing a level maker 'soon' as well. Totally worth it.

Dark Messaih was neat for its day, but I stopped because of the cut scenes or a crash, or both, it was aweful.