Scrobbs

San Francisco Residents!

Hey guys, thanks for all the help again! One last question! 

I'll be moving to the city on the 12th. Do MUNI monthly passes only work for that month that you get them for (i.e. July, rather than one month from when I get it)? 

Yeah passes are by calendar month. Best to hold off til August in your case unless you'll be riding a ton.

I am in San Francisco after a wedding. Walking around the city I am convinced I am going to just run into one of the thumbs. That is not going to happen, but damn it would be neat if it did. I want to get a drink with Jake Rodkin.

I have a strong feeling that this would be "unwanted." I am a pretty big believer in not wanting to be worried about weirdos prowling around your place of business. (My buddy did point out Dear Mom last night when we drove by, which was neat)

Fair point. But you're the Dancefloor Scientist. Who wouldn't want that?

Mington to thread, Mington to thread. He'd know what to do.

My friend cuts the word jumble out of the paper every day and puts them in his wallet in case he gets bored. You could do the same and then approach one of the thumbs and ask for help. The crossword might be better since I think Remo is a crossword guy.

To be fair I spent a week in SF only a couple of months ago but the fear of rejection stopped me from following my heart. If only I had seen this infographic before my holiday.

13031172_m-2-300x268.jpg

Courage creates a bridge over fear. So suck it up and kick their fucking door in! Burst into that office wearing a manic grin and scream "IT'S" followed by a pregnant pause that'll probably get answered with a fist to the face, but maybe, just maybe, it'll be met with a loving embrace, an embrace that'll make you feel belonging previously unimaginable. And as you slowly melt in to jakes arms, he moves his lips against your ear and softly whispers "baboo" causing you to lose all bodily function and shit yourself

I dragged a co-worker to Dear Mom last summer when I was in San Francisco for work.  We sat on barrels and listened to overly-loud metal and eavesdropped on slightly-douchey guys that work for Yahoo.  I ate kale tacos.  He ate nothing.

No Thumbs were glimpsed or harassed during this outing.

So I'm flying in to San Francisco next Monday and will be working in San Mateo all week going through acceptance tests with our client. Not sure if I'll have much free time but my hotel will be right by the SFO airport. Any recommendations on stuff to do in that area? Any free time I have will only be in the evening unfortunately.

So I'm flying in to San Francisco next Monday and will be working in San Mateo all week going through acceptance tests with our client. Not sure if I'll have much free time but my hotel will be right by the SFO airport. Any recommendations on stuff to do in that area? Any free time I have will only be in the evening unfortunately.

Not a ton to do down there, that I know of. But San Mateo is known for Ramen, so if you get a chance, maybe go to Ramen Dojo.

Not a ton to do down there, that I know of. But San Mateo is known for Ramen, so if you get a chance, maybe go to Ramen Dojo.

How do they do things there?  I ask because there's a ridiculously popular ramen place here (Orenchi Ramen) and they're open something like 11:30 to 1:30 and you basically have to get there at 11 and put your name down if you want to be in the first round of people to be seated/eat.  If you get there at the actual time that they open you're going to be waiting around 45 minutes to an hour for it to get to your name and if you get there at 12-12:30 there's a decent chance they won't get to your name on the list before they run out (they just stay open until they run out of ramen).  Is Ramen Dojo similar? 

How do they do things there?  I ask because there's a ridiculously popular ramen place here (Orenchi Ramen) and they're open something like 11:30 to 1:30 and you basically have to get there at 11 and put your name down if you want to be in the first round of people to be seated/eat.  If you get there at the actual time that they open you're going to be waiting around 45 minutes to an hour for it to get to your name and if you get there at 12-12:30 there's a decent chance they won't get to your name on the list before they run out (they just stay open until they run out of ramen).  Is Ramen Dojo similar? 

I actually haven't been there myself, but from what I have heard, yes.

So I'm at Levi's Stadium (the new stadium that was just built for the San Francisco 49ers) and it's kind of weird. The stadium has its own app you install and for food you just order it on your phone and then go pick it up when it's ready (or have it delivered to your seat). It's the future.

So I'm at Levi's Stadium (the new stadium that was just built for the San Francisco 49ers) and it's kind of weird. The stadium has its own app you install and for food you just order it on your phone and then go pick it up when it's ready (or have it delivered to your seat). It's the future.

that does sound really weird. I didn't know they had finished building that.

So my first day in San Francisco was pretty sweet. First, I got to see a car fully engulfed in flames on the side of the 101 as we were driving to San Mateo. Then, while we were having drinks at the hotel bar and bullshitting about video games, a guy next to us who was apparently a Square Enix employee joined in the conversation and joined my coworkers in convincing me that I really need to play The Last Of Us.

Man, I'm working in SF this summer and totally forgot that there are thumbs folks here until I ran into another reader on the bus.

I'm only here for another two weeks but it'd be cool to meet up with folks - I'm planning on going to Tuesday game night at Folsom St. Foundry this coming week if anyone's interested.

also, coffee: Blue Bottle and Ritual are both better than Philz

Oh I actually did want to go to the game night that Altaco mentioned but I forgot about it. I think they do it regularly though, ill have to go sometimes.

Anyway, GaymerX (the event that Danielle went to and talked about on the podcast and it sounded rad) is coming up again, and they are doing a kickstarter. I didn't know about it last year, but it sounded awesome to hear described, so I am going to go this year. I backed the kickstarter enough to get a ticket.