Scrobbs

San Francisco Residents!

Check out the Musee Mechanique on Fisherman's Worf.

I've never been to Alcatraz, but then again I've only been here for a year...

I misspelled it on purpose, but I didn't dream it would result in that.

That's gonna be a hard sell, my girlfriend isn't a great lover of "old shit" ;)

We messaged this guy on airbnb to double check his place is available the week we want it and the fucker has put the price up £150 for just that week. Fuck him. So we're looking at places quite a bit cheaper now so we have more money for cheese burgers

My boss is good at airbnb, lives in SF and loves to help with this sort of thing... i can ask him for some suggestions if you have a timeframe and pricerange.

(shammack and I live north of the city - not in it - because we're not rich)

I always encourage people to check out the Exploratorium, if you like awesome science museums. If you're here for the first Thursday of the month, there's an evening event that's your best bet).

I'd suggest a baseball game, but the Giants are away that week.

I've never been to Alcatraz and I've lived here for 32 years. Angel Island is a nice trip as well, though.

haha that song is amazing... SOLD

The Exploratorium looks fun, i'll see if i can drag her there. We completely randomly saw the bodies exhibition when we were in New York and i don't think she ever forgiven me

We did a Baseball game in Miama a few years back (The Tampa Bay Rays, they had just won some league and it was there homecoming friendly game, apparently it was a big deal), we lasted until the first change over so like 1/20 of the game :)

I always encourage people to check out the Exploratorium, if you like awesome science museums. If you're here for the first Thursday of the month, there's an evening event that's your best bet).

I'd suggest a baseball game, but the Giants are away that week.

I've never been to Alcatraz and I've lived here for 32 years. Angel Island is a nice trip as well, though.

No one that lives around here has ever been to Alcatraz, at least that's my hypothesis and has been true so far. I suspect no one that actually lives in New York has been to the Statue of Liberty.

Zoidberg-futurama-3305418-1024-768.jpg

"It's funny you know, you live in the universe but you never do these things until someone comes around to visit."

Hey SF residents

Me and my girlfriend are booked on to this pub crawl event thing on May 10:

http://pubcrawlsanfrancisco.com/ai1ec_event/lower-nob-pub-crawl-2/?instance_id=3698

We've done these organised pub crawls our last 2 holidays in Mexico and Hong Kong, its always a good night and i always get unbelievable fucking wrecked and waste the entirety of the next day of my holiday in bed hungover.... that isn't the plan this time, but it wasn't the plan the last two time either :/ Its only $15

Come along! We'll be the British people drinking three times faster then everyone else (it looks like they sell out quite far in advanced if you are interested)

It starts at 8:00 PM at Bacchus Kirk (this is insider info you receive after you paid the $15... i am terrible at keeping secrets)

If "Thee Parkside" isn't one of the designated stops, you need to ask for your coins back STAT

Dear Mom is an acceptable substitute.

That may be a bit far away for the crawl, it'll probably be just be bars around the Nob (lol) area

Thanks for the recommendation, we'll have to make our way over there one other night

My kind of place!

Wait, is Thee Parkside actually worth going to? it looks like a fucking dive :) again my kinda place, but i don't think my girlfriend will appreciate me dragging her there just so i can nerd out about being next door to the idle thumbs studio. If i do end up going i'll be sure to urinate up against their office door

hey! we can all go see Holly Golightly and the Brokeoffs (they actually sound pretty good :) )

http://www.theeparkside.com/event/157557

I saw you asking about Alcatraz earlier and as someone who has only visited San Fran in the past: HIGHLY recommended. I usually find historical sites/museums to be incredibly boring, but the audio tour at Alcatraz is really something else. Narrated by former inmates and guards and the sound effects are craaaazy, they really make you feel like you're there. I've been twice.

Its funny i was speaking with a friend of a friend last weekend and he said the same as you almost word for word. Maybe we should, i just checked the tickets and they seem to sell out a couple of weeks in advance so we've still got a little time to think about it.

We were just planning on checking out the island in a rocket boat instead

(i know that i need to sit at the front so as not to get wet, i learnt this the hard way when we went on a rocket boat in New York and got what felt like half the Hudson River in my face)

You can also do Angel Island, which never sells out. It was San Francisco's version of Ellis Island, basically. While there's less developed space to explore, it's an amazing hike because all points on the island have views of some portion of they bay:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_Island_(California)

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=468

Yeah, Alcatraz is literally the only touristy place I ever recommend. I live in Seattle and all our tourist things suck IMO. Then again, I think locals are legally barred from enjoying their own tourist traps so I'm probably biased.

Yeah, Alcatraz is literally the only touristy place I ever recommend. I live in Seattle and all our tourist things suck IMO. Then again, I think locals are legally barred from enjoying their own tourist traps so I'm probably biased.

I think EMP is cool.

I think EMP is cool.

I agree, though it helps if you are also a sci-fi fan. Seeing the spinner hanging in the air right after you go in is really something.

I think EMP is cool.

Oh yeah, EMP is pretty alright, forgot about that. I've also heard great things about the underground tour, though I've never taken it before.

Anyway. Seattle is not San Francisco. I don't think.