toblix

Deadlight

Wow! That looks amazing. I really have to get my Xbox fixed.

Wow! That looks amazing. I really have to plug my Xbox in.

(Haven't bought an Xbox game since Alan Wake for no particular reason.)

Wow! That looks amazing. I really have to track down the movers who are currently in possession of the majority of my belongings and haven't gotten back to me for months.

People should really try out I Am Alive, it has the same visual style as this game with a lot of fun mechanics. Tequila works have a lot of people who worked on the ost recent Castlevania game and on that Clive Barker game. Both were bad. I am quietly hopeful that this will turn out good as I really want a Shadow Complex game that has little to no combat.

That looks really, really cool. I love the stuff going on in the background too, but oh man, that voice and writing...

"Someone should call an electrician..." My face >> :blink:

Only characters who talk all the time are believable! Gordon Freeman is the worst video game character ever!

This seems like a really cynical mashup of two past Xbox Live Summer of Arcade hits: Shadow Complex and Limbo.

You're even jumping past ruined neon signs!

Maybe it will be fun?

I hope the prompts and/or the character's voice can be turned off.

I love how he congratulates himself. "Well done!" What a jackass..

This looks good, reminds of Another World and Flashback.

This seems like a really cynical mashup of two past Xbox Live Summer of Arcade hits: Shadow Complex and Limbo.

You're even jumping past ruined neon signs!

Maybe it will be fun?

Definitely reminds me of those two, but I really liked Shadow Complex so I'm okay if this is just something similar with a different coat of paint.

I feel like this is just going to be a lesser version of all of the games mentioned before. The gameplay seems very on par with Prince of Persia 1 but not 2 or the SNES version. Maybe they'll add something interesting later?

I guess it doesn't matter because I'm sure I'll end up playing this game anyway since it's so kin with what I like.

Are all these comments based on the trailer, or have they released anything showing sequences of actual gameplay longer than a second?

Are all these comments based on the trailer, or have they released anything showing sequences of actual gameplay longer than a second?

Click the link in PiratePoo's post

Ah, now I see. Yeah, that voice acting is terrible. Seems like a combination of poor writing ("The light... Once again the light of a new dawn.") and poor direction (the guy reading like a hard-boiled radio play). But yeah, the graphics look really good, the stuff going on in the background and foreground looked terrific. The movement looked like they may be a tad too much on the Prince of Persia side (step, step, climb), but that's impossible to judge based on a video, and they can tune that up until release. Speaking of release, when is this out?

I've played a few hours of this, and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. There are enough good things here to keep me playing, but there's so much lameness too, especially in the part I just played. And the dialogue is just atrocious.

"Why did you bring me here, crazy old man?!"

Okay, done.

:tup:
Graphics are great. I really like the Shadow Complex style of 2D cutout of 3D, but with the 3D weirdly bleeding in (zombies coming in from the background, etc.) All the locations are
beautiful

Some of the traversal is fun. When they hit that perfect balance of having to avoid zombies whilst also having to figure out some environmental obstacle, it's really great.

Some great animation, like when you change direction whilst sprinting, and when zombies try to cross some waist-hight obstacle.

I experienced a great little moment late in the game,

wherein I'm trapped in a room and have to call the guard over and break down the door on him.

It instantly brought me back to Delphine Software perfect action/adventure mix. Sadly, that only lasted for five seconds.

:tmeh:
As everyone has pointed out, the dialogue is pretty bad throughout, and some of the voice acting is atrocious.

:tmeh:
The story is what you get when you open up a template in Game Story Workshop. It goes downhill right from the start, and at the end you really don't care about anything.

:tdown:
The movement controls are bad, which is fine, but only when you're not forced to do a lot of tightly timed platforming, which you are. A lot of times your guy jumps off in the wrong direction and you're sent back to the checkpoint.

The combat controls are shit. Whenever you encounter more than two zombies say goodbye to having a good time.

The entire middle act (the Rat Man OH SHIT SPOILER) is pure, unfiltered shit. Unpredictable traps and a lot of uninteresting trial-and-error platforming.

I have no friends, so I'm unable to get that last achievement. If someone with Deadlight adds me as their friend, or someone who has me as their friend gets Deadlight and plays it I'll buy them something on Steam.

Picked this up during the steam sale. I was having an ok time, but now I hit a huge wall. I have to maneuver through a collapsing building, one fuck up, and you're dead. This is worse than the hole ratman part. So far I tried and failed to get pas this point almost 10 times.. so screw this, going to do something else.