Sign in to follow this  
Erkki

Holiday giveaway of 2011

I think Toblix is onto something with the secret collecting of people's addresses he's been doing in previous years. I want in on that business!

And coincidentally, there are some games on my shelf that I probably won't end up playing any more -- I've either re-purchased them on Steam or they are play-once games or I suspect that the cases contain anthrax or my Xbox RRODed. Some are old, so I'm not sure if anyone still wants them.

So, if anyone wants any of them, PM me your address and I'll send them to you, hopefully by Christmas.

PC games:

Chronicles of Riddick (Developer's Cut)

Civilization IV Complete

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Die by the Sword

Fable: The Lost chapters

Fallout (the first one)

Gothic 3

Knights of Honor

Marc Ecko's Getting it Up

Mass Effect

Prince of Persia (2008)

Runaway

Assassin's Creed

Tomb Raider Underworld

FEAR

Gemini Rue

Unreal Tournament 2004 (probably useful for mods only)

Baldur's Gate (both games and add-ons)

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Colin McRae's DIRT

Desperados 2

Oblivion

PS3 games:

Assassin's Creed 2 ("Special film edition", probably shipping without the film)

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Heavy Rain (Move edition)

Uncharted 1

Uncharted 2

Xbox 360 games:

Mirror's Edge

Viking

Brütal Legend

GTA IV

Guitar Hero II

Guitar Hero III

Guitar Hero World Tour

Red Dead Redemption

Wii games:

Simpsons: The Game

Steam games:

Puzzle Agent

Half-Life 2: Episode 1

Edited by Erkki

Seems legit. But you don't have anything I don't have myself or even slightly interested in. Therefor I deem your gesture a :tdown::deranged:

I'm looking forward to the full XBox 360 list! This is super awesome and I might join in on the giving myself. Gotta check what I've got lying around...

Nice list. I actually have/have played/don't want all of those so far, but I appreciate the gesture. :tup:

I'm looking forward to the full XBox 360 list! This is super awesome and I might join in on the giving myself. Gotta check what I've got lying around...

Yeah, I might have a rummage, too.

I suspected my list was rather boring in the sense that there aren't really rare/new games that someone who would want already doesn't have.

Added AssCreed BroHood and Heavy Rain

Added Xbox games

(pathetic list really, but I don't play that much on consoles and then downloadables more than others).

It's a pretty good list, actually. I just happen to be the kind of person that begs, borrows or steals to play any game I'm remotely interested in.

For the record, anyone that hasn't played Arkham Asylum and has a PC capable of doing so should immediately take Erkki up on that. That game is great and since the sequel just came out it's excellent timing. The same goes for Uncharted 2 but in a different way and without quite as much of a recommendation.

I'd be happy to take Call of Cthuhlu off your hands if you're so inclined to dispose of it.

I could be interested in your Wii games, some members of my family bought their kids Wiis last year so those might be good Christmas presents. I already got them Mario Galaxy so they get finally a good game instead of the shovelware crap they are buying from discount bins all the time.

Great stuff, Erkki! Letting games lie around gathering dust is such a shame – better to pass them on. People get free games, you get space for more hentai figurines and Master Chief busts. Win win!

I'd be happy to take Call of Cthuhlu off your hands if you're so inclined to dispose of it.

Send me a PM with your address :)

BTW. I actually didn't think of this at first, but does anyone know if there are any problems with giving away used PC games? I think it's ok on consoles, but for example Batman Arkham City is a Games for Windows Live game, and I vaguely remember possibly entering the serial key somewhere. Will there be no problems to either party if someone else uses that same serial key later?

Send me a PM with your address :)

BTW. I actually didn't think of this at first, but does anyone know if there are any problems with giving away used PC games? I think it's ok on consoles, but for example Batman Arkham City is a Games for Windows Live game, and I vaguely remember possibly entering the serial key somewhere. Will there be no problems to either party if someone else uses that same serial key later?

Oh hurf-a-durf, forgot to PM you.

Off the top of my head, Batman is the only one on that list that applies to. Since Batman requires you to register the cd-key to a GFWL account in order to save the game (holy shit I can never say how much I hate GFWL) you'd have to give them the info of that account. Troublesome, if you have other GFWL stuff attached to it.

In other words, Batman really isn't on the table.

Actually... what Wii games do you have to offer? Any games you can play against/with each other? Preferably using gamecube controllers? Because we could use some of those games at the office.

Ok, sorry Thompson, looks like I can't send Batman to you (or to anyone else).

Hmm... what about Red Dead / GTA IV, could those copies be tied to Rockstar Social Club somehow? I don't remember if I even went there...

About the Wii games, sorry, I decided to keep them -- I thought my Wii's optical drive was busted, but it turns out just a couple of games' disks might be scratched or something, because it worked with another game.

I'll only offer Simpsons: The Game.

Dropped a request in a PM, thanks!

I might stick a few games in here too, especially since I've been trying to clean up my backlog in lieu of affording more recent games.

Just thought I'd say this is cool :) I won't ask for anything, but it's great!

Edit: though my friend saw this list and decided he wanted some of it. :shifty: Is that OK? He lives in the States, so he says he'd be willing to help in shipping costs any way he can. (Assuming you're giving them away. If you're selling them, he can help too.)

Just thought I'd say this is cool :) I won't ask for anything, but it's great!

Edit: though my friend saw this list and decided he wanted some of it. :shifty: Is that OK? He lives in the States, so he says he'd be willing to help in shipping costs any way he can. (Assuming you're giving them away. If you're selling them, he can help too.)

Ok by me, but I'd prioritize people on the forums if someone here also wants them. PM me what games he wants (i've crossed out the ones already taken).

I haven't checked the actual shipping costs yet but at the moment I'm assuming I can cover them myself.

I still have Plain Sight to give away. What's the matter, none of you want a game you'll play exactly once and then decide that it's alright but nothing that you want to keep playing?

Cool idea Erkki! :tup:

I still have Plain Sight to give away. What's the matter, none of you want a game you'll play exactly once and then decide that it's alright but nothing that you want to keep playing?

I played it exactly once then decided that it's shit and nothing that I want to keep playing.

I'll be mailing the games requested so far in the next couple of days.

If there are no more requests within two weeks or so, I'll offer the remaining games to other people as well (probably my colleagues as many of them happen to be gamers).

Also noticed I have some Steam gifts that are not given yet:

Half-Life 2: Episode 1

Puzzle Agent