Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Words with Friends

This is a fun little asynchronous Scrabble-esque Scrabble-like Scrabblevania Scrabble clone that you can play on iOS and Android (cross-platform even!) but is much more fun if you know or have heard of your opponents. If you're playing this, or would like to, and want people to play with that you sort of know or have heard of, I thought this could maybe be a thread where we reveal our secret Words with Friends aliases.

Mine's toblix. Feel free to challenge me!

Cool, this is for Android as well? Might actually try this out. I've never had any Zynga game on my phone.

Cross platform gaming like this is excellent.

I've taken to using Wordfeud instead, because boo Zynga. (iTunes Android). Same features, looks better, and you can play random boards (very fun, I just played a 600 points game).

My username there is HermanSL.

The Android version is asking me to login, why do I have to login with my email or my Facebook account, that I do not like at all. If I login with my email, do I get tons of crap Zynga etc. spam to my mailbox?

The Android version is asking me to login, why do I have to login with my email or my Facebook account, that I do not like at all. If I login with my email, do I get tons of crap Zynga etc. spam to my mailbox?

You have to make an account because it's a multiplayer game. So far I haven't really gotten any spam, though I signed up pre-Zynga.

My username's tabacco. by the way.

All right, I now have an iPhone and I want to get my WordFeud on. The name is HeerRood and I probably won't show you all corners of the Scrabble board, but I might start my play with the word 'HOE'.

I used to play this and loved it but stopped when Zynga bought it. Is there a non-Zynga alternative?

Turns out internet access is some kind of weird valuable commodity to Australians, which means I've been very much offline the last couple of weeks. The few times I've come online I've gotten some messages about forfeiting games, which I never meant to do. I promise I'll get my act together once I return to my home hemisphere.

I've played hundreds of hours of this goddamn game, probably half of which has been against Famous Vanaman.

I'm chris-remo. Someone else already took chrisremo and when I challenged him to a game, he declined.

One request I have is that if you're going to use online word finder cheat things, please don't start a game with me. When it becomes obvious I'm playing against someone who's doing this (the unbelievability of the words used starts getting pretty apparent after multiple games), it turns into a cold war of word cheating, and it really ceases being fun.

Obviously, everyone ends up playing nonsense words not infrequently, just because you try some goofy thing out and it works, but there's a line between that and the more outrageous feats allowed by actual external tools, and the line tends to be pretty visible.

I scored 67 points with QAT and I'm proud of it. I wonder if QWOP would work?

Also (Wordfeud-related), I'm thinking about trying a French game, just for sport. It may be a disaster, but I'm willing to accept that.

Yesterday in a game against my uncle I made the word 'jefes', which surprised me it worked. My uncle was probably suspicious that I had been cheating/making it up, so he queried me about it. I could then explain perfectly what it was, thank you Grim Fandango!

Edited by Rodi

I used to play this and loved it but stopped when Zynga bought it. Is there a non-Zynga alternative?

Yes, look up Wordfeud. Better UI, no Zynga, and random boards.

Finally picked this up during the holiday season. My user name is Rawr_;)

Don't ask me why. I'll probably end up adding a few thumbs to play with, so if I don't add you, then add me.

*Edit* I changed my name to illeria_1

Edited by illeria

This is so sweet. The Wordfeud boards differ wildly. I'm playing a game with Hermanl now which is on a totally insane board that rearranges the bonus tiles in a row at specific places and he just scored 150 points with 'tuxedo'. It's... an interesting Scrabble experience, more about strategic waiting than pure word knowledge.

Having some great fun on WordFeud just playing with my Uncle, if any thumbs would like to add me my username be SometingStupid.

This is definitely something that we need more of on phones, and quite frankly on the internet too, we should all be able to play a game of Scrabble, or Chess, or any other undisclosed board game over the web.

Went ahead and made a Wordfeud account.

Wordfeud: chrisremo

Words with Friends: chris-remo