Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Crazy Half Life 2 mod

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not one for planning projects for an as yet unreleased engine or tool. Sure, it's not like Half-Life 2 is going to go the way of SCRAMM, but surely there are problems that you won't even know whether or not you can solve prior to actually getting the tools?

Robert: very true, though on the other hand, modders are getting plenty of opportunities to prepare. Based on the available information, seminars and presumably the SDK*, you can already begin asset creation, such as the models, sound, etc. Also, it's alledgedly very easy to import HL1 maps into HL2, so I suppose some very rough mapping could be done.

* Has it been released? I'm not sure.

Sure, it's not like Half-Life 2 is going to go the way of SCRAMM

Way to alienate 99.9% of the forum population :D

Which insect/class are you guys gonna pick? I think I should play a wasp, not sure which class yet.

I think I'll be the velvet ant. Why?

I've never seen a velvet ant before! Awwww, I think I'm in love! :innocent:

I think I'll use the double barrelled mandibles of death-47. :woohoo:

I've heard and seen many such 'mods' going around for many games, and frankly, hardly any of them ever finish. Hopefully this doesn't go the way of the dodo. :hmph:

What's with these telepathic insects?

Everyone knows insects are telepathic :rolleyes:

No insect has ever escaped my electronic fly-swatter-racket thingamajig. I'm pretty sure they're not telepathic, or I'd never fry them like I do.

p1126792reg.jpg

Fig. 1: The best invention since sliced bread.

--Erwin

Fig. 1: The best invention since sliced bread.

--Erwin

"Is it a sports racquet or bug zapper? Yes!" ?

HAHAHA!!!

And finally, somebody figured out how much fun it is to PING wasps with badminton racquets. I don't think an electric version would be as fun, somehow.

HAHAHA!!!

And finally, somebody figured out how much fun it is to PING wasps with badminton racquets. I don't think an electric version would be as fun, somehow.

Oh, believe me, it's fantastic! If you push that button too long, the bugs start to smoke. The smell is a bit unpleasant, but the blue sparks and the knispering sound is priceless.

--Erwin

No way. The fun part is to hear the PING as they fly across the yard and then, you hunt down their little writhing bodies, and put them in a jar with some crushed lorel leaves, which releases cyanide into their lungs. And if that doesn't kill them, they'll all sting themselves to death.

Have you ever searched for a single dying wasp in a huge yard full of yellow-brown pebbles?

You can almost taste the blood. The yellow, pus-like wasp blood, that is.

Well, you convinced me. I'll try a casual racquet tomorrow. But I don't think I'll be able to find them in our plant-infested yard. I'd even lose a horse in there. ;(

--Erwin

No way. The fun part is to hear the PING as they fly across the yard and then, you hunt down their little writhing bodies, and put them in a jar with some crushed lorel leaves, which releases cyanide into their lungs. And if that doesn't kill them, they'll all sting themselves to death.

Have you ever searched for a single dying wasp in a huge yard full of yellow-brown pebbles?

You can almost taste the blood. The yellow, pus-like wasp blood, that is.

Someone call the asylum. One of the patients has wandered off the grounds.

Someone call the asylum. One of the patients has wandered off the grounds.

Yufster in a straitjacket... Owhyeahmmm! :naughty:

--Erwin