miffy495

Idle Thumbs PAX meetup '10

'Sup thumbs?

So, I don't know anything about Seattle or the surrounding area, but I will be at PAX and am interested in meeting a few thumbs for a pint. People seem to be assuming that something like this will be happening, but I don't believe any official plans have been made. Anyone want to try making some? As I understand it, my hotel is a couple of blocks from the expo site, so I don't really plan to leave that area much during the convention. With the proper motivation though, I may be able to find a way. I put it to you guys, as it's only two days away at this point: Who's going and what's happening?

The thumbs will most likely host something but not tell anyone about until ten minutes before it happens. :)

I'm only there on Sunday, but if anyone would like to do a pre-panel or post-panel boozing, I'd be up for that.

I just moved to Seattle, but I know nothing of the surrounding area. I'd like to drink something with people who will know what I'm talking about when I say "The Wizard". Decide on a place and I will try to be there.

I'd be up for a get-together. I'm currently in a plane over Montana or some shit.

For nighttime activities, Saturday is the only night where i'm currently free of obligation, but don't plan around me, because I'm likely to bail for an industry event. Things have been popping up.

It's hard to plan things like this, because everyone tends to have a million things going on. After the panel seems like a reasonably organic time to do stuff, though a lot of us will probably be fleeing seattle around then.

We were thinking about doing an informal get together in our hotel bar but night / other info TBD.

If we do something it will definitely be less organized than the (already disorganized) Thumbs PAX meet-ups of past. Follow the @idlethumbs twitter feed probably, in case anything informal happens.

We were thinking about doing an informal get together in our hotel bar but night / other info TBD.

If we do something it will definitely be less organized than the (already disorganized) Thumbs PAX meet-ups of past. Follow the @idlethumbs twitter feed probably, in case anything informal happens.

\o/

I will be sleeping 4 floors above that meet-up, so I will be there. (Also, that was me in the tweed jacket who asked you and Sean about that at the Telltale panel. Thanks for the heads up.)

As good a thread as any...

I got lucky enough to win a ticket to Sunday PAX at DigiPen orientation (I had previously foolishly assumed I wouldn't have enough time for PAX after moving from Ohio to Redmond so didn't buy the full pass), and thus was able to go to the panel. And good times were had.

Then I jumped in on Boost/Scoops' WEINHÄNDLER team after Famous and Games had to leave. I was of course no help at all! But it was certainly fun.

I apologize to everyone there for my awkwardness. It is a gift, and a curse.

Not much news from the panel so far. I hope the recordings went well and we will see the last 'cast in the air soon.

Were all the old thumbs there? Was UK represented by anyone? From what I gather at least Spaff was there, right?

This truly would've been a great time to be in Seattle. Mindblowing weekend for sure. Shame that I live thousands of miles away from US... ;(

Yes, I would be interested to hear how it went seeing as I could not be there I'd like to be able to live vicariously.

It was awesome.

Thumbs "staff" at the show: Chris, Nick, Jake, Spaff, Steve, Vanaman, Doug (tabacco), and a ton of readers.

I also met a few people who I've only ever known via IRC in the late 90s/early 00s.

There was a ton of people recording and even someone with a pretty professional looking video camera and a tripod, so we'll probably see some stuff pop up eventually.

Thanks to the staff for doing that, it was really neat. I brought a non-fan(just hasn't listened to the cast) with me and a lot of the in jokes flew over his head, but he enjoyed it. I guess there wasn't a lot of in depth discussion and was more a celebrity appearance anyway.

But it was cool, didn't get to meet anyone since I was only down for the day, but it was a pretty nice send off, it'd be cool to have this as a yearly event; if you guys ever need any help to setup or plan something a little more organized/elaborate I'd love to lend a hand. The informality of this one was great, but I think with some help you guys could have a really slick presentation... at least get a light in the corner where Chris sings. :)

Also, what was it that Chris mentioned is somewhat the core philosophy of the Idle Thumbs? Something about the highs and lows of quality in gaming? I'm still trying to distill the philosophy through the casts as I think it's a little more elaborate then that, but how Chris worded it kind of worked overall as well.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome panel, it was a lot of fun!

Also, what was it that Chris mentioned is somewhat the core philosophy of the Idle Thumbs?

I think it was Far Cry 2?

Derpaderpahhururur.

That reminds me, on the way back waiting at the border some dude had the license plate "Far Cry" which was pretty hilarious.

Too bad the iphone camera sucks so much.

There was a ton of people recording and even someone with a pretty professional looking video camera and a tripod, so we'll probably see some stuff pop up eventually.

Yeah, that was a TTG employee.