Erkki

Epic Mickey

What happened to the original thread? Anyway I think it looks neat and I hope he does a Duck Tales one next.

The first game that I have pre-ordered in a long time.

Absolutely fantastic intro. It's got the Wizard, excellent scene with Mickey sleeping and time passing as the viewer can see the ages of Mickey Mouse fastforwarded.

Looks like the end of the year is going to be pretty sweet.

I'm off to read the Gamasutra interview with Spector that was posted about a month ago.

:tup:

Thanks bbx, I knew there was actual dedicated threads, though I have a really poor memory.

That game informer cover still makes me a little sad.

Yay! Best mod ever!

:hitler:Please stop derailing this thread. Please talk about Mickey Mouse. :hitler:

From what I saw of this game it looks really interesting. What got me wasn't the simple paint & thinner mechanics, but the fact that they seem to work on everything in the world and have an effect on the way people treat you.

It'll be really cool if there are obstacles where there are a dozen ways to bypass it, depending on whether you try to paint or thin, use the environment or the obstacle itself, and etc. The side scrolling stuff looked okay too.

Euro release 25th November

UK release 26th November

US release 30th November

YES! Finally Europe gets something before the US. :tup:

They mailed it to me today, which means I'm getting it TOMORROW! :tup:

I have not seen much of this game at all, but really curious to see how it turned out. :tup:

I just finished it for a review in [N]Gamer (the Dutch mag, not the Brit one). It's... pretty terrible, unfortunately :(

I'm not 'bargoed.

WARNING: this post contains a short, non-spoiler opinion on the game

Epic Mickey disappoints on basically every premise and scale. The biggest grievance is that the whole thing feels and plays like a first-generation 3D platformer, one that you'd play on the N64. It has that same sense of terribly functional levels, a grandly inadequate camera system and sluggish controls.

I'm also personally disappointed that there aren't more unlockable classic Mickey cartoons. You get two and that's it. I was expecting a whole suite, which may not have been realistic, but whetting my appetite with a pair is just cruelty.

Edited by Rodi

Lalalaa I'm not reading that, even though I already did...

;( :\

Now I have to brainwash myself to not remember that and still keep hoping for the game to amaze me.

I've been waiting since November now and I still haven't received my package from play.com. It's starting to piss me off as they charged my Visa account back in November already and I sent them a message through the order details in the webpage, but I have not got any reply from them.

Play.com/Royal Mail/Suomen Posti has almost ruined my Christmas.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for Lost Season 6 from them after more than a couple of weeks.

I've stopped using Play since Amazon started offering free postage to Finland (on some items).

Yes, I think I'm pretty much finished with play.com after this. I've hated their fixed cheating euro currency rates for quite many years already.