Jaraknarn

Neptune's pride

I am currently in a free game close to the end. I honestly have no chance of winning because the two largest players, I'm third currently, are allied together and are proceeding to destroy everyone left. I was blessed with an isolated starting position and have been able to use strategic choke points to my advantage. That ends today.

An approaching enemy fleet is 4 hours and 40 minutes away. Without reinforcements I will lose that plug and the enemy can easily take the next few stars.

I have an approaching backup fleet that is also 4 hours and 40 minutes away. I have no idea who will approach first, and no way to increase my fleets speed in time. I am so nervous. If it arrives first I can hold out, and take a large chunk of the enemy out.

This will decided the entire fate of the game. It's 3am here, and i can't sleep a wink.

np_426.png

I feel like I'm playing Defcon. There hasn't been any significant activity for 3-4 rounds. The first person to crack will unleash all hell.

Annnnnnd, Atria, my last strong hold, has fallen. It was a good fight, but I am now a broken nation. Looks like I will just have to try and pull out an upset in my other game now.

Hey first time posting here but I just have to say how much I love this game. Ive been in a game with Dibs and even with me almost about to lose its been alot of fun.

So I am sending ships to defend a star that my opponent has sent ships to attack. I looked at the times that the ships are supposed to arrive and my ships are supposed to arrive at EXACTLY the same time as my opponent--the times are exactly the same right down to the second.

Do you know whether I will get the defender bonus with that fleet? 

Any help would be much appreciated.

The one experience I had is that I did get the defender bonus.

However, just the other day when I had researched a technology that would kick in at the exact same time as someone attacking me, I did not get that tech.

It was really annoying too, because even in the event list I got the  notice that we had a breakthrough of that tech, but looking at the battle statistics, I didn't have it.... very disappointing.

In cases where both fleets are due to arrive during the same hourly tick, the one that traversed the shortest distance arrives first.

In cases where both fleets are due to arrive during the same hourly tick, the one that traversed the shortest distance arrives first.

Well if that is the case, I should arrive first and get the defender bonus which will be great.

Thanks for the help guys--I knew I came to the right place!

Hey one more NP2 question:

If I send a fleet out before finishing research on weapons but I finish researching before the fleet arrives at a star that I am attacking, my fleet will attack with the higher weapons tech level right?

What about if the fleet arrives at the exact same time (tick?) as I finish the research?

If it arrives at the same time, you don't get the bonus. Otherwise research takes immediate effect.

If it arrives at the same time, you don't get the bonus. Otherwise research takes immediate effect.

Thanks!

Iron Helmet is currently linking to a survey from Neptune's Pride 2 and asking people to participate. It's being done by a person / group independent of the studio.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/113029255206516862234/posts/gDoZ9XdqMCv

It's got plenty of "strongly agree / disagree" type questions but some of them are incredible because it makes you think about your motivations in playing the game.

"I find the relationships I form in this game important." Strongly agree. But then,

"I don't feel close to other players." Also strongly agree. Why? Because Nick Breckon is out there somewhere.

There's a guy throwing everything he's got at me in NP2 and we're exchanging Jurassic Park references at each other as the conflict escalates.

Love this game.