gdf

Plug your shit

Bro that Speedrunners looks super ultra fun. I am so on board with that thing.

Also thanks ya'll for the good feels.

That offer code needs at least 3 more 'a's.

Oh god I think my eyeballs exploded. I love lo-fi 3D, and those screens've stolen my heart.

^_____________________^ Hopefully I can put a sweet game with it

I can break up this shit today with some of my own shit:

A NEW GAME ANNOUNCED, BY US, TODAY!

Here's the trailer if you just wanna watch (which I also animated!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r-1qEEKpTGg

I'll cut out the marketing for you guys: It's like Mario Kart but it's a platformer.  Y'know those Contra levels where you can scroll your co-op friend offscreen by getting ahead too fast? It's competetive that, with a bunch of nutty twists like slide-tackling people and hook-shotting people.

This game was designed by DoubleDutch Games (did I mention I moved to NL?) and I'm here to re-do the art and animation, n kick some life and identity into the brand (see high-fiving animation), which is then marketed and published by us as a company (tinyBuild.com)

I like this trailer animation, and the art in the game is COMIN' ALONG!

If all goes well I'll be back in this thread with a multiplayer sneaking game I jammed out in Unity by the end o the week! What could it be!???

--Oh also I didn't have final edit on this trailer. I just want that on the record, because I'm a dick.

Wow, I love you animation!

aaand I hope everybody's not sick of me plugging this new project thing yet...

today I started making a diner in the desert. We actually have what we think is a really cool idea for this game now. I will give the plugs in here a rest for a while now.

9090901355_61f0fddd8f_b.jpg9093122462_a586c30602_b.jpg

Such a good style. I love it. Curious what the people might look like, again according to Interstate?

Such a good style. I love it. Curious what the people might look like, again according to Interstate?

Yeah hopefully pretty Interstate-lookin'. That is the plan.

I really like those shots, Lacabra! They all have a thick atmosphere and the low-fi stuff works really well.

No people. Only zombie cars.

Maximum Overdrive?

Who was it in this thread who was working on that wacky PVP jet fighting game? Has any progress been made on that? The prototype was pretty fun.

The latest version of the game is way more exciting than the last thing I have on Youtube, and has some real level design in, jets that feel faster and ejector-seats that feel crazier, choosing classes, riding piggyback on other guys, hijacking missiles in mid-air, dropping smoke clouds and proximity mines and pulling all kinds of mid-air theft. All the awesome features are in, I'm just missing good network code and art.

But we don't have anyone with those skills, and we don't have a comfortable time-budget or money-budget to get the game up.

It's easily the #1 project I've wanted to work on for the passed year, but y'know... I can't complain that we have to do SpeedRunners first, cos that's a cool game aswel.

On this topic I was so fucking pissed when I watched the TitanFall trailer and he ejected up out of the mech and landed on someone else.

but yo I bet they don't have a class that transforms into a giant beast and leaps around eating other players to regain health. YOUR MOVE, RESPAWN.

EDIT- I seriously have to stop myself from just listing everything in this game top-to-bottom.

You should toooooooootally let me play it.

Whereabouts are you guys based, btw?

Seconded! Put up another one of those Unity web player prototypes with all the new stuff in. We will test it!

and here's a build. Left-click to shoot, right-click to eject/hijack. You can hijack rockets and mines too.

Space-bar drops rockets for one guy and mines for another guy. For the last guy it toggles his jetpack to fly around with.

I guess dropping smoke, and my sick attempts at level design, are switched off for this build :I

You can get together and land on friendly jets if you want, but I did say the network code was busted and dumb.

Hah! Yeah, audio is never amazing with the cast. I think I've given up warning people on every episode. 

Sorry dude, tried to listen to this but my ears hurt every time someone laughed. You've got to sort those levels out, man.

I'm doing this thing atm called WWOOF'ing where you essentially work on farms in exchange for food and a place to stay. I've done it before in the US, and I'm doing it right now (as I type and breathe) in Germany for a couple of months. 

Why? That's an incredibly sane response. Because I have no idea what I want to do with my life and picking up basic German so I can study it along with Spanish when I return home can't be a bad thing, right? I might try and get into translation work for vidyagamez... I dunno. Anywho, here it is: http://mywwoofingtrip.tumblr.com/

Also, Lacabra I watched the video (even though I've obviously never played the mod, and I've barely touched HL2) and it always fascinates me to see how pieces of work and art come to fruition. It's also weird to actually hear someone from the forums speaking. 

I'm thinking of maybe doing that in New Zealand in the next year or so.

A friend of mine spent two years cycling around Japan WWOOF'ing. During and since those two years, he got married, bought a patch of woodland on a mountain, learned traditional Japanese carpentry, and has built a beautiful two storey, two room hut to live in. I don't think he had much clue he'd do any of that after graduating from a photography degree.