JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Yeah, if you visit this forum, and you don't own that game, and your computer can run it... you should totally buy that game.

Yeah, if you visit this forum, and you don't own that game, and your computer can run it... you should totally buy that game.

I mean you should buy it because you will like it. Not because you should like it! No elitists around here.

I thought you had to link your steam account or console account with Far Cry 2 achievements to even be allowed to register on the forum.

Broken Sword: Director's Cut is free on iPhone/iPad for today (and maybe tomorrow). Get it!

So fuck Zeno Clash.

I really enjoy games with a good/satisfying first person melee combat system. Zeno Clash possesses just that thing.

Up to the point of the South Gate Gang.

The 2v1 and the small bit of 1v1 aren't a problem.

What is a problem is that, if you shoot these guys, they drop their weapon. Which causes them to charge you, and punch you, making you lose your weapon. Not a problem so far in the game.

However, all three of these guys possess super-fast reverses/counter-attacks if you try to heavy attack them while they have a weapon or in close combat. (Every attack I made against the red haired guy with him holding the dual pistols resulted in a super-fast, unblockable pistol whipping.)

Which means, you shoot into them with the grenade launcher, and you get pinned into a corner by three guys who counter-attack so quickly you can't get any swings in.

Fuck you, game.

After the fact P.S. - I just remembered about ZC being on Hard mode by default, so I may try lowering the difficulty, but that fight still enrages me greatly.

Well fuck you then Valve.

I was not going to buy anything from the sales anymore, but ended up buying five games that I did not have in my Steam yet.

Lots of Half-Life related stuff and AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! A reckless disregard for gravity for just a few euros...I am hopeless, now the backlog became even longer then.

I already bought Crysis even though my PC probably can't run it because I'm going to try to upgrade my PC (this time for real) in Spring and now I'm thinking of buying Divinity II, except.... what are the chances of this game actually dropping price permanently? The normal version of Divinity II is already 19.99 so is it safe to assume Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga will too?:erm:

You do not want to know how many games I've bought on all this bloody sales... I'll just say I don't I'll need to buy a new game for a decade or two? :hah:

Yup, damn Steam and their awesome sales. I have an insane backlog now. I should probably just sell my consoles at this point.

I almost broke down and bought the stalker bundle and need for speed but I resisted. But I do regret not buying the crysis bundle.

THQ is selling their PC games for cheap.

Thumb favourite Dawn of War II, Toblix favourite Metro 2033, Diablo clone favourite Titan Quest, Mars favourite Space Asshole, and nobody's favourite 18 Wheels of Steel : American Long Haul.

Steam has both Neverwinter Nights 2 and the whole Gothic pack (including 4) at 50%-75% off!

I bought Neverwinter Nights 2 back in the day and I'm positive the DRM killed my PC since it died the very next day after installing it, so I'm very wary of buying this... And Gothic 4 has Securom! ;(

The DRM for NWN2 has been removed for the Steam edition, as far as I can tell. Didn't have to activate or anything.

Question about Steam, how many of you have unlocked games just with the CD key in Steam? I just got my Prey DVD and it actually did work, I installed it first from the disc, but when I noticed that the Steam unlocking actually works, I uninstalled and let Steam do the rest.

Now I'm wondering that do I have any other older games in my closet that had a CD key security system. It would be sweet to get those to my Steam account.

Well then that surely sucks. I have none of those games on a physical disc except Prey.

I was hoping for something like FarCry as I still have that somewhere in a box.

From what I've head Arcania isn't worth the 12€ they're asking for, and I think I'll wait for Neverwinter 2 to drop price more, it's Steam, it will be at 75% off eventually, right?

From what I've head Arcania isn't worth the 12€ they're asking for, and I think I'll wait for Neverwinter 2 to drop price more, it's Steam, it will be at 75% off eventually, right?

Arcania is a steaming pile of failure and lies. Not worth 5.

I couldn't even get the demo working, so there is no way I'm buying it, I might get Neverwinter Nights 2 though.

Alone in the Dark trilogy is out now in GoG!

Yes, the superior original classic trilogy is out now, forget about the crappy new games, these are the ones that influenced Shinji Mikami to make Resident Evil.

The whole trilogy for 5.99, and to my great joy they have apparently even included the Jack in the Dark short game.

Though I have to question GoG, they did not include the Mystery Observer newspapers that came with each of the games. I have to send them an email about that, would be an awesome extra, I was just looking at those because I have AitD 1 & 2 in the original boxes. Also the small bible like book of the items is missing, but that would be difficult to include. :)

Metro 2033 is down to $10 on Steam this weekend. I cannot recommend this game enough.