JonCole

Black Friday Deals

I wouldn't make a thread like this unless the deal was particularly good, considering any semi-knowledgable gamer could go to CAG, but Steam is running a pretty excellent sale starting today.

LucasArts complete pack 50% off, Far Cry 2 (w/ DLC) for $10, Batman: Arkham Asylum for $25, Dragon Age: Origins at 25% off for both versions, Osmos at $2, and a handful more.

http://store.steampowered.com/early-holiday

Edited by JonCole

I wouldn't make a thread like this unless the deal was particularly good, considering any semi-knowledgable gamer could go to CAG

I've never even heard of that site... :getmecoat

But holy crap:

BioShock and Oblivion Double Pack (PC), £4.99 Delivered from Play.com

Wow.

Went in for Dragon Age. For that price, it'll work just fine.

Yeah, this was a great chance to finally pick up Dragon Age. Got Osmos as well and I'm now strongly considering Batman. $25 is almost too low to pass up.

Just spent almost an hour playing Osmos. Great game, despite the soundtrack that is pretty much a dude messing around with Electroplankton semi-competently.

despite the soundtrack that is pretty much a dude messing around with Electroplankton semi-competently.

I think that's the only way one can use electroplankton

I think that's the only way one can use electroplankton

Speaking of which, I actually really liked Electroplankton for dumb messing-around fun. I know they've released 10 different species of Electroplankton for $2 each to DSiware. The cartridge I have has 5 species on it. I thought that's all there was. If the other 5 are good, I'd pay $10 for the completion of the set. Has anyone tried the new stuff out?

ARGH! It figures that everybody would have a mad sale just when my backlog started to get under control! :frusty:

If you happen to have an iPhone... EA, Konami, Namco and Gameloft are having either 99c or 50% sales.... ;(

Batman:Arkham Asylum seems to be the right price, but... Should I wait for the PS3 version to drop? Are the DLC Joker things that worth it? :erm:

I'll probably get Osmos, I can't get the Lucasart pack since I already own half of the games there and Dragon Age is still to high.... not to mention I have 40+ RPGs in my backlog, I don't have time for another!:violin:

OW! My backlog is acting up pretty bad now... And I'm pretty sure it's going to get worse before the sale ends... :oldman:

If you happen to have an iPhone... EA, Konami, Namco and Gameloft are having either 99c or 50% sales.... ;(

I saw the Konami sale, but are all the rest really having sales? The app store is so ridiculously ordered, so it's hard to really tell.

I'm already used to 10$ being 10€ on Steam but it being 15€ now is a bit too much for me. The boxed copy of Far Cry 2 is probably cheaper than that by now.

Still, some interesting deals there.

I picked up Far Cry 2, even though I already have it for 360, I haven't gotten very far into it and I'd rather play the PC version. Tempted to pick up Dragon Age as a gift at that price too.

Amazon has a 12 month XBL Gold card for $29.99 if you buy MW2, unless MW2 gets a different sale by friday, I will probably pick those up.

I'm thinking of getting the THQ pack and gifting the stuff I already own to a friend. I have wanted to try out space asshole for a while after watching that youtube video on the front page.

You won't be disappointed. I've only completed 3 actual missions and already the game has made itself worth it on sheer fucking-around-having-an-awesome-time merits.

I saw the Konami sale, but are all the rest really having sales? The app store is so ridiculously ordered, so it's hard to really tell.

Touch Arcade is a good place to keep track of iPhone sales, but I actually searched for the companies at the App Store, it's much quicker!

I'm thinking of getting the THQ pack and gifting the stuff I already own to a friend. I have wanted to try out space asshole for a while after watching that youtube video on the front page.

Steam lets you do that? I could swear I actually asked them once and they said no?:erm:

I'm still debating whether to get the PC version of Batman: AA or the PS3 one... the PS3 one has the Joker missions, but doesn't the PC one have mods? I heard there is one that makes it like the Adam West show? If that is true I'm SOOO getting! That sounds almost as awesome as "Kid mode" in Serious Sam HD!:grin:

Came here to sound the Farcry2 for $9.99 alarm. I KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME

Why does $9.99 equal £9.99GBP ($16.50) on Steam? :'( I'd buy it for $9.99, but not for $16.50 (really short on mulah atm).

I'm still debating whether to get the PC version of Batman: AA or the PS3 one... the PS3 one has the Joker missions, but doesn't the PC one have mods? I heard there is one that makes it like the Adam West show? If that is true I'm SOOO getting! That sounds almost as awesome as "Kid mode" in Serious Sam HD!:grin:

I played it on PS3 myself, but if you have a PC capable of handling it I'd see no reason not to go for the cheaper one. The Joker maps are ok, but completely unnecessary. Play the story, it's excellent. The challenge stuff is fun but I got sick of it quickly. Also, the Joker has an odd gait that makes controlling him kinda awkward. A cool bonus, but I wouldn't pay an extra $45 for it (which is the difference between the PC version on the Steam sale and the PS3 version at full price in Canada). Thanks to that launch week bonus, I got $30 off. Otherwise, I'd have waited for PC and not missed out on much at all. Go for the Steam version! It's a rad game and that's a damn good price for it!

I didn't realise Osmos had been released :0

Thanks for pointing it out. Tempted to get Borderlands after seeing it on CAG too.

I might grab Dragon Age when my pay rolls in, hopefully before the 30 hours are up.

Also, fuck you Valve!

Why does $9.99 equal £9.99GBP ($16.50) on Steam? :'( I'd buy it for $9.99, but not for $16.50 (really short on mulah atm).

Because that's Ubisoft. And a lot of other publishers/developers.

The most annoying thing about currency conversions. They always cheat when it's changed to GBP or EUR.

Dollar is soooo cheap these days, I really would like to go to USA and buy stuff, a lot of stuff.

I played it on PS3 myself, but if you have a PC capable of handling it I'd see no reason not to go for the cheaper one. The Joker maps are ok, but completely unnecessary. Play the story, it's excellent. The challenge stuff is fun but I got sick of it quickly. Also, the Joker has an odd gait that makes controlling him kinda awkward. A cool bonus, but I wouldn't pay an extra $45 for it (which is the difference between the PC version on the Steam sale and the PS3 version at full price in Canada). Thanks to that launch week bonus, I got $30 off. Otherwise, I'd have waited for PC and not missed out on much at all. Go for the Steam version! It's a rad game and that's a damn good price for it!

According to that site that tells me if I can run it or not, my PC is near the middle... I guess that's good enough?

The difference is only 10€, but I could just wait till the console version drops again? It seems that the only games that never get a price drop are the Nintendo ones, every other games eventually reaches the 20€ range....

My main concern is my backlog, this damn iPhone sale has gotten almost back to 100 and I promised myself not to every let them happen again!

Touch Arcade is a good place to keep track of iPhone sales, but I actually searched for the companies at the App Store, it's much quicker!

Alright, thanks! It's hard to find a decent place for sales and even a decent place for reviews; most gaming editorial companies just do iPhone stuff on the side with poor results and most iPhone-focused editorial is written up by people who have no idea what good game design is.

Steam lets you do that? I could swear I actually asked them once and they said no?:erm:

Steam only lets you gift Valve games, to make this clear. This is the reason I chose not to jump on either the THQ or LucasArts pack - I own about half of each, and it's just not worth it. You'll certainly take a hit if you already own some of the games in these packs, but some of them are such good deals that they're hard to pass up nonetheless. I was greatly tempted by the THQ pack because it has Tales of Valor, Red Faction: Guerilla (I have the 360 version, wouldn't mind dumping it in favor of PC), and Saint's Row 2, but I've already spent so much money that I can't justify that little savings.

From what I can tell, the PC version does have mod support. Furthermore, I heard that the Joker missions aren't that great, but you can make the decision for yourself I imagine.

!!WARNING!!

For anyone thinking of buying the THQ pack and gifting the games they already own: You can't do this. The only games you can gift if you already have them are valve titles!

!!WARNING!!