Scratch

Left 4 Thumbs 2

Yeah I had some intense & fun games last night with Bigjko and Armchair General (and a bunch of shacknews people)

Scavenge is the most fun mode after co-op for me so far.

The game froze. Again. I'm getting sick of this. I'm not going to play anything in the next 3 days so hopefully they will patch it up by then.

Man, internet people can make me angry. I joined a scavenger game today, and granted I suck at it so far, but playing as the survivors everyone of my team mates were down and trying to save one of them I threw away my canister. Sadly, it was too close to 0 on the timer, so we ended on a time out just before I reached the canister again. This was the first round I'd played on the server, and before the next round started someone yelled "pmc! noob!" and a window popped up. "Kick bigjko?" And everyone voted yes. :(

What the hell? Give a man a chance, for christ's sake!

EDIT: Last night's scavenger mode with ysbreker, though, was awesome! One guy on my team had a mic, and acted out a leader-role for us, so everything was relatively smooth for a noob like me.

And survival mode is also awesome, and I got to play that with some nice people as well.

That would be awesome actually. They should have just contracted ZZ Top instead of making up some rockers, though.

L4D2 is already 25% cheaper. And it's included in the valve pack for 79EURO. Damn, why did I pre-order this? I'll never pre-order anything because as soon as I do either something bad happens to the game or it gets cheaper the week after.

Loved playing the intense versus games tonight. Though I have to admit the server problem is just ridiculous. Every Sunday we have to go through a bunch of "return to lobby" votes due to craptastic pings.

I am thinking of setting up a server dedicated to thumbs ppl. I have done some light research and seems like I have the choice of either US, Canada, UK, Netherlands, France, Germany or Australia. Of these I think Australia is out of question. I'd rather not set in North America, since many of our regular L4Ders are in Europe.

So I need some input from you guys.

Also, this thread was meant to be discussion for L4D2. <nudge nudge> You folks who just posted in the other thread are wreaking the pattern.:shifty:

Damn, Bridge is fucking hard and intense. We had to finish it on easy and still I was the only survivor at the end - all were dead or incapacitated just before the chopper. Low on health, ammo and a tank there - you can't do anything but run and whoever falls behind - bad luck, pall.

I was playing some Scavenge on Xbox, and I can see matchmaking devolving into a wasteland. Without any apparent penalty for not finishing a game, anyone who is obviously losing (either because they're terrible, or the other team is better than them) just quits and leaves the other players with a severe handicap. The stat-tracking on PC is supposedly taken into account during the matchmaking process to help obviate the problem, but there seems to not be any sort of tracking on the Xbox version at all (and if there is, it's not visible enough to stop this shit from happening).

I am thinking of setting up a server dedicated to thumbs ppl. I have done some light research and seems like I have the choice of either US, Canada, UK, Netherlands, France, Germany or Australia. Of these I think Australia is out of question. I'd rather not set in North America, since many of our regular L4Ders are in Europe. So I need some input from you guys.
Would this server be able to serve multiple games at once, or just one? Would you be renting a dedicated gaming server? How do these things work?!

Just played through Hard Rain with a buddy of mine from Uni and two bots. Because of the bots, did it on Normal. Shit, that 53 minute game was a 53 minute cardiac episode. The difficulty is too much for me sometimes, but I'm certainly constantly afraid of death. If that's what they're going for, success.

Would this server be able to serve multiple games at once, or just one? Would you be renting a dedicated gaming server? How do these things work?!

Well the server I was thinking of lets me have 8 spots. That means two campaign games or one versus game. Of course, I could have more than 8 spots by setting up more of them. I don't want to set up multiple servers at once though. Better to start out with just one, see how it goes and move on from then onwards.

Would you have to pay money for this, or will you be giving up your body?

Don't worry about that. I got it all covered. I just want to know if there's much interest in having such a setup. The only possible issue I see is the location.

will you be giving up your body?
Don't worry about that.

No, you need help!

If it's a per slot price I would be willing to cut in on the action if I can, not a problem. As long as it's a server somewhere in EU or Russia, because the uS ones give me a horrible ping.

For starters it's just an experiment. I don't want to involve anyone into this until we are sure the severs are good and are worth setting up. More importantly we need to know whether having a separate server improves pings considerably.

Damn, Bridge is fucking hard and intense. We had to finish it on easy and still I was the only survivor at the end - all were dead or incapacitated just before the chopper. Low on health, ammo and a tank there - you can't do anything but run and whoever falls behind - bad luck, pall.

The finale of Parish? I played that single player on normal and found it pretty easy, except for the tank mid-way who had way too many cars and edges to play with. Well, only two edges, but they're ever-present and hard to protect yourself against. In the end I tried to run past him, got a bit battered, and lost him after he went after the bots, who were some way behind. He must have fallen off the edge or something, because the music just stopped, and I'm pretty sure they didn't kill him. Anyway, other than that I was just running ahead and slicing everything with a machete. Occasionally a special would get me, but the bots would eventually rescue me. I'd quite like to try to dash through it with a team using all melee weapons. It seems like if you're a bit bold you can rush through. The second tank never got anywhere near me. I even waited on the turret to try to take him out, but common infected climbed on the usual behind me and were irritating me from behind. Then again, it was only on normal. I guess there may be additional bonus challenge on harder difficulties.

Re: server proposal

I think that would be very cool. I actually considered getting a server for the original to mess around with, but decided I was not the sort of person who should be renting servers. Provided the expense wouldn't be prohibitive, I say go for it. I'd obviously prefer a UK-based one, but to be honest anything in Europe would probably have good ping, and perhaps somewhere on the continent would be more central for the majority of regulars. THAT SAID, Britain is fractionally closer to our brethren in the non-united countries of America. I'm not sure if that would make any perceptible difference. Perhaps this is stage one on the journey to beacone a badass clan of pillocks.

In conclusion: yes.

Don't worry about that. I got it all covered. I just want to know if there's much interest in having such a setup. The only possible issue I see is the location.

I would be down for something like this, I know the thumbs community is pretty massive and I only have a few of you guys on my friends list. seeing as how I would much rather play with fellow thumbs than some randoms, I would be down for a community "hangout" server.

You can make the server available to thumbs only with some server config magic, which would be rather usefull I think.

I have bought a server in UK but haven't set it up yet. I got exams coming up and am kinda busy right now. I'll most certaintly have it done though before our Sunday game.

This is a learning experience for me and I might not get it right the first time. So I make no promises.