Scratch

Left 4 Thumbs 2

I need somebody to play an expert campaign with. I tried it last night with some of the general public, didn't go so well. I'll be playing again tonight around 4-5 PM EST (9-10 GMT).

The bots are no help obviously, so I need somebody who has played on expert before. I have decided not to touch realism mode, until I get through on expert first.

I previously would have offered, but after some dismal performance on Normal (not even Advanced!), I'm not sure I'm up to scratch. PUN. I'll want to try it after I've gone through them all a few times, though. Which isn't to say I'll actually be any good by then.

I love how much personality each campaign has. The storm and back-tracking format of Hard Rain are particular favourites.

I saw that the time has been changed to a couple hours earlier than usual this Sunday. I won't be able to make it this time. But I might show up later on if any of you are still online.

I'm So Ronery

So ronery

So ronery and sadry arone

There's no one

Just me onry

Sitting on my rittle throne

I work rearry hard and make up great prans

But nobody ristens, no one understands

Seems like no one takes me serirousry

And so I'm ronery

A rittle ronery

Poor rittle me

Just had a Blast (capital B) playing with the Thumbs! Definitely keeping an eye on this thread for when more playsessions pop up. :3

Was fun indeed. Hope to see the new folks around next Sunday as well.

On a side note, played scavenge mode for the first time today. Extremely difficult and needs great amount of teamwork. But as usual, was fun even when failing badly.

I'm So Ronery

So ronery

So ronery and sadry arone

There's no one

Just me onry

Sitting on my rittle throne

I work rearry hard and make up great prans

But nobody ristens, no one understands

Seems like no one takes me serirousry

And so I'm ronery

A rittle ronery

Poor rittle me

Haven't picked up L4D2 yet I see. I feel your pain. ;(

Any suggestions on what type of mic/headset to buy for this? What are you guys using?
I just have a fairly standard Logitech headset, couldn't find the model on Newegg so maybe they don't make my particular one but I'm sure you can get a similar one for no more than $20, mine is pretty similar to this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104213&cm_re=logitech_headset-_-26-104-213-_-Product.

Was great fun playing with everyone, I'll definitely be around in the future. I agree that scavenge was hard to get the hang of but very fun nonetheless.

Yeah a headset is what I was leaning toward but I plan on playing this extensively so it would have been nice to hear the sound through my 5.1 system so being stuck with headphones for hours is a bit uncomfortable. So a headset or a normal mic? Damn, i guess it doesn't make much difference. I'm shy when talking to strangers so I wouldn't be using it that much :D

Fun game, scavenge is excellent fun. Really close game, smoker is probably my favourite over all, I like most infected though.

smoker is probably my favourite over all, I like most infected though.

My infected of choice seems to change depending on the environments.

The burning section of the hotel: Jockey

Hard rain: Charger

The hotel scavenge section in the campaign: Smoker

Any map that encourages team separation: Hunter

Maps that bottle neck survivors: Spitter

Open areas with good cover opportunities: Boomer

I might be returning to L4D1 for a while. The online stat-tracking and achievements for 2 keep getting screwed up and reset (3 times in as many days, for me), and I think I'm going to wait until it's fixed to start playing again.

I might be returning to L4D1 for a while. The online stat-tracking and achievements for 2 keep getting screwed up and reset (3 times in as many days, for me), and I think I'm going to wait until it's fixed to start playing again.

3 resets for me too, annoying as hell.

I'll likely pick it up on Xbox also, I have friends who hate PC games, who I often play with, won't be until december earliest though.

Let me know, because if you grab it and you know other cool people who we can play with, I promise I'll pick it up. The demo felt really smooth and I want to play this.

Lost all my 30 or so achievements. I thought I was immune, since I did not have a problem thus far. So much for that theory.

I don't know if I should invest more time into getting those achievements back or just rather wait for an update that would somehow give them back.

EDIT: They have returned as mysteriously as they had gone. :clap:

Edited by Scratch

Lost all my 30 or so achievements. I thought I was immune, since I did not have a problem thus far. So much for that theory.

I don't know if I should invest more time into getting those achievements back or just rather wait for an update that would somehow give them back.

EDIT: They have returned as mysteriously as they had gone. :clap:

There are a couple different things that have happened to me. The first time, everything just got wiped, and I had to start over again. The two times after that, the stats on my Steam profile wiped, but the achievement checklist in-game was still on track. Getting any achievement restored half of the others, so after playing a campaign, they had all returned. All I can find on the Steam forums are hundreds of people complaining about it, with no response from Valve.

On a less sour note, I have just ordered the 360 version to play with friends and family who don't own a decent gaming PC, so if anyone's interested, I'll be able to play later this week.

Since when this is considered a good gaming PC?

# Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz

# Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista

# Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with Shader model 3.0. NVidia 7600, ATI X1600 or better

# Hard Drive: At least 7.5 GB of free

Things seem to be more or less stable now. While I didn't get back every achievement I had before the first wipe, all the subsequent ones have returned.

And apparently I've been playing so much L4D2 that I caused some sort of space-time vortex:

2games.png

^That is hilarious. Why can't Valve fix a simple thing like stat tracking in one of their own games?

I can't see that screenshot properly because I'm using my phone rather than a proper computer, but last I checked Steam reckoned I'd played -4 games. Also all my achievements were gone, but now I've earned some different ones so I don't know if I want the old ones back. They were mainly easy things. A bit time-consuming, though. WHY DOES IT MATTER? I mean, it does, but why?

Since when this is considered a good gaming PC?

# Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz

# Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista

# Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with Shader model 3.0. NVidia 7600, ATI X1600 or better

# Hard Drive: At least 7.5 GB of free

He said decent. Which to me means pretty much that exact spec.

Well that would seem decent to a THUMB TWIDDLING NEANDERTHAL CONSOLE GAMER ;)

I forgot that not only are PC gamers more highly evolved than console gamers according to IGN user reviews, but also, PC gamers continually snipe and bitch while comparing rig epenis size.

He said decent. Which to me means pretty much that exact spec.

Yeah, the main person I'm thinking of is my brother. He's got a hand-me-down PC that's about 6 years old. Probably an NVIDA 6 series card and a mid-range P4. It does have the 1GB of RAM, though, so I guess that's there.

I just played this in Survival for a bit, and had a bizarre experience.

As you may know, its relatively easy to get stuck in this game. Literally, as in your character can't move. The solution to this problem is to be pounced, smoked or skullfucked.

So we had a jockey from the opposing team come in and ride me around for a bit before letting him run off into the wild, as if the little freak had been granted amnesty. It was simply a hilarious sight

So remember this (until they release a patch anyway): as soon as a player gets stuck, let a special infected sort it out.

Yesterday when I played the campaigns it happened to one of us and since it was right after the safe house there were no specials to helps o we had to kill him and then revive him with the defibrillator and it worked. I thought they would patch this ASAP, I'm surprised they let it go in the latest patch.