Scratch

Left 4 Thumbs 2

I have bought a server in UK but haven't set it up yet. I got exams coming up and am kinda busy right now. I'll most certaintly have it done though before our Sunday game.

This is a learning experience for me and I might not get it right the first time. So I make no promises.

very cool. I look forward too sundays game

Was the demo of Left for Dead 2 in Steam only for limited time period?

I had it in my computer as I downloaded it from Steam on tuesday. I didn't have time to check it out yet and yesterday when I started Steam with the intention to check the demo, the demo and all files regarding it where gone from the My games folder in Steam?

That is how Valve operates. The demo gets removed once the game has been released. The same thing happened during the release of the first game.

I've got the server up and running, but right now it is accessible to the entire public. I wanted to make it exclusive to our steam group, but I need the group ID number. It seems that the six digit ID # is only visible to admins of the group.

So if one you admins could please look it up in the admin options and post it here, that would be very helpful.

EDIT: Thanks toblix for the ID. The server is now visible to all members of our steam group. So you should be able to see it when you launch the game. Currently, it's only cycling through campaign maps (Still have to figure some stuff out) but you can jump in and vote to return to lobby and change stuff.

Edited by Scratch

I've got the server up and running, but right now it is accessible to the entire public. I wanted to make it exclusive to our steam group, but I need the group ID number. It seems that the six digit ID # is only visible to admins of the group.

So if one you admins could please look it up in the admin options and post it here, that would be very helpful.

EDIT: Thanks toblix for the ID. The server is now visible to all members of our steam group. So you should be able to see it when you launch the game. Currently, it's only cycling through campaign maps (Still have to figure some stuff out) but you can jump in and vote to return to lobby and change stuff.

Sweet, looking forward to trying it out.

Nice one. And lower ping than any of the other UK/EU servers I've played on thus far.

Had a fun match with a bunch of Thumbs tonight! Bit of a shaky start with a non-thumb jerk, but after a kick, it turned out okay in the end! For us anyway. Totally wiped the survivors like 10 seconds after they left the safehouse. :D

Fun game guys, thanks. :woohoo:

It was good using the server tonight. No mucking about trying to find one that works for everyone and doesn't have anything weird about it. I think two versus campaigns in one night might be a bit too much for me, though (although I did stick around until the end).

Server is great, like the low pings, despite my connection being highly temperamental.

Tonight was pretty cool, particularly my awesome spitter life where I gave 411 damage.

It was good using the server tonight. No mucking about trying to find one that works for everyone and doesn't have anything weird about it. I think two versus campaigns in one night might be a bit too much for me, though (although I did stick around until the end).
I agree, I was kind of tired of it by the end of the 2nd versus (even though we won oh yeah), next time I vote scavenge after versus. Good times though!

Glad to hear that the server is good. I have it for a month, so I might as well extend the subscription.

I too sadly agree that two versus games are a bit too much. I wish there was a shorter "Crash Course" sort of map we could burn through. Not that scavenge is bad, just a thought of having shorter versus games.

I think 1 game of versus followed by a couple of scavenges was good the first time we played it.

Which I did suggest, but everyone (Armchair) was all "but it's so early, let's prove how hardcore we are", before leaving about three quarters of the way through. Lesson: I always know best.

Disclaimer: Above lesson only applies for a small subset of all situations.

I had loads of fun with you guys, until some freak thing caused me to boot out of the game mid-load.. :( By the time I was back in the game, all the spots were taken. Probably for the best, I suck at Versus.

Yesterday was quite hectic. We had a whole lot of people who missed out. This is why we usually have two games so when some of us leave others can join in for some late action.

And don't worry about sucking in versus. We play for fun and don't care if you play badly. So don't hesitate to join next time!

Haha, I don't really care about sucking. I don't suck that badly, it's just my last public game experiences have left me thinking "I don't really suck this bad, do I?", since I get kicked so many times. But I'm hoping it's mostly just a case of the general public being impatient assholes.

I bought the game, so if anyone cares to tell me how to join, I'll be happy to do so !

I assume you've got it for the PC? Then just join the idle thumbs community group and you should see the event notification on Sunday.

Then assuming spots aren't already full, launch the game and join the idle thumbs server. Other than that, if you have got any of us on your friend's list, I am sure you could join in some unofficial games as well.

Well the game just uses Steam aliases, and there's no uniqueness restriction on those (which is why I can be simply "James"), so it would require some sort of special case contingency stuff to disallow it, such as adding numerical suffixes or some such.

Anyway, it was a fun game last night.

Unfourtunatly didn't get in on time today, busy with house stuff, should be good to go next though, but with my internal mic... urgh.