zomboid

Shadow Complex!

2-D/2.5-D/3-D XBLA love letter to Metroidvania games (I like to call them "dynamic platformers" myself). August 19th for 1200 MS $pacebucks. From what I've seen so far, the price feels just right.

Shacknews Link

I'm really looking forward to this!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8tRQdSwLxU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8tRQdSwLxU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I'm sure Nick Breckon is thrilled about the gun turrets!

Edited by zomboid

Whoa whoa whoa

Similar to Killzone 2, RE5 and Zeno Clash?! This sounds amazing!

Joking aside, I will definitely be getting this, along with a bunch of other Live Arcade games this summer. It's a great time for digital downloads, to be sure.

Also I just finished playing SOTN, might as well hit up some Super Metroid to continue the prep...

Achievement spoiler:

Shadow Complex has a "Justin Bailey" acheivement that can be had by beating the game in two hours or less.

Also I just finished playing SOTN, might as well hit up some Super Metroid to continue the prep...

Did you do the inverted castle? I kinda lost interest at that point - but I sure did love everything before it.

Also, Cave Story is coming to Wii (I know it's free on PC dummies - I wanna give the developers some dough, and I prefer this kind of game on the couch anyways), so that'll be fun too.

Did you do the inverted castle? I kinda lost interest at that point - but I sure did love everything before it.

Also, Cave Story is coming to Wii (I know it's free on PC dummies - I wanna give the developers some dough, and I prefer this kind of game on the couch anyways), so that'll be fun too.

I'm with you on the inverted castle business, I played for a couple hours after unlocking it and realized I hadn't made a satisfying discovery in that time (and that playing with the Crissaegrim is no fun...) and retired from playing for the next little while. I'll come back and chip away at it over the summer though, because that game is fucking great.

Shadow Complex looks like a lot of fun, as long as the controls are tight and it has some replayability I'll be happy, Gordon Turret notwithstanding.

My brother and I rented SOTN for a weekend and beat it, only to discover a magazine article Monday about the inverted castle. We beat that the next weekend.

Shadow Complex sounds sweet, but it's name is so forgettable that every time I hear it I have to be reminded what it is.

Shadow Complex looks awesome, but is wasted on the primitive Xbox crowd. Bring it to PC and we'll show it some love.

Maybe I'm just bitter because my 360 red-ringed and I can't be arsed phoning them.

A genre that started and flourished on consoles is wasted on consoles? I can understand your kind of statement with an RTS or maybe even an FPS, but a Metroid-vania game? Has any Metroid or Castlevania even appeared on PC before?

I wasn't being serious.

Could still do with a PC release, though.

A genre that started and flourished on consoles is wasted on consoles? I can understand your kind of statement with an RTS or maybe even an FPS, but a Metroid-vania game? Has any Metroid or Castlevania even appeared on PC before?

Bah humbug...

There is no such thing as system-specific game genres, it's bullshit.

True, but assuming it would play better on a PC is equally bullshit. That's what I was going for.

All I tried to do was express my interest in a PC version... :fart:

All I tried to do was express my interest in a PC version... :fart:

according to xbox.com the game will remain exclusive

Am I the only one who thinks this game looks incredibly ho-hum and boring? The name and the turrets are just the tip of the iceburg. The iceburg is a bunch of boring stuff I've seen before.

maybe it's because they sound a lot like "turds"

Shadow Complex sounds sweet, but it's name is so forgettable that every time I hear it I have to be reminded what it is.

I keep mixing it up with "Alpha Protocol." These games fall under the "let's take two cool words and put them together" genre.

I actually agree that it looks kind of generic. It looks like it took all the collecting and sprawling map stuff from Metroid or Castlevania but completely forgot to grab the atmosphere on the way out the door. Definitely a demo before buy situation for me.

yeah the atmosphere was a huge factor in Super Metroid. But even if it doesn't have that kind of booster, it could still be great as a Generic Metroid.

Damn it. I played for another 10 hours and got only 99% items. No question marks left on the map (and I think getting to level 20 revealed them all). Might there be something I'm missing?

I unlocked the secret room before getting the last weapon, could that have caused it?

Oh, apparently some question marks don't show up if they're in a save room.

Yay! got 100% and 100% of the map too. The thing I missed turned out to be one other people had a problem with too, the solution was found on Gamespot forums.

I finished this last night as well. have to say, it was quite fun. I'm not really sure the controversy surrounding Orson Scott Card is all that relevant considering the "story" is really nothing more than "bad guys! in a base! kill them!" Not quite up there in the higher echelons of literature along with Homer and Shakespeare...

Going through the Proving Grounds now... Has anyone tried starting a new campaign after they beat it? The achievements make it sound like I lose all my powerups but do I keep my experience level? Replaying on Hard or Insane sounds much better if I do