Patters

Duke Nukem Forever Canned [and then not]

That sounds ace. ;(

It is really sad they messed this up so much.

I enjoyed it, though I never bothered to finish it. What I played was enjoyable enough, and I've restarted it with the intent of a full playthrough a couple of times. It's a fun though not particularly standout shooter. I give it about three :tup:s out of a possible four.

Prey was enjoyable. The only thing that wasn't great was that later in the game they whole portal/gravity stuff remained the same. Not new use of that stuff. It lacked a bit of creativity.

Well, I still liked how it remained an enigma FPS... Few games really do this.. .I feel like HL e3 should do more of the enigma stuff, I so fucking enjoy it :)

Randomly searching imdb one day, I stumbled upon two intriguing Duke Nukem facts.

First, Duke's name has a surprising etymology (around the two minute mark):

1UqQc5O0rHg

Second, for your consideration: Duke's voice actor's other "big" role:

lPfi58_Md7M

First, Duke's name has a surprising etymology (around the two minute mark):

Are you sure about the origin's of Duke's name?

The Captain Planet episode: "Meltdown Syndrome" originally aired on 9 July 1991.[link]

The first Duke Nukem game was released 1 July 1991.[link]

Bit of a weird coincidence, actually... :hmph:

Edit: But! The character of Duke Nukem appeared earlier in the CP series, apparently. Episode "Deadly Ransom" aired 13 October 1990! How bizarre!

Duke might be alive again.

Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle goes to my radar even more now.

I fervently wish they'd let it lie. Promoting characters like Duke is never going to get people to take the games industry seriously. Is there any reason why he's not just a shitty misogynist relic?

Maybe it's instant oldskoolness to reference Duke Nukem, and by invoking His name you tap into something that younger Halo-playing gamers don't know about? I dunno. I never really liked the character myself.

I fervently wish they'd let it lie. Promoting characters like Duke is never going to get people to take the games industry seriously. Is there any reason why he's not just a shitty misogynist relic?

He's just the Rambo of video games.

For me Duke is something like The Expendables. A chance to visit the past one more time and see stuff that was cool in my youth in games and movies. Duke 2's intro is very memorable for me and Duke3D was amazing in 1996 with many groundbreaking aspects so there is that thought in my head that "come on Duke, one more time."

If it turns out to be true that it's coming out and even if it was a bad game, I would most likely buy it. I just want to play a Duke game one more time.

I wonder what kind of role sTeve "Shack" Gibson has at Gearbox?

No. The Expendables would be Duke Nukem, the Doom space marine, Turrican, Serious Sam, and that guy from Bulletstorm in one game.

But, yes. That was what I wanted to say with Duke being the Rambo of video games.

I don't get it, why are they still calling it Forever? Seriously, there's no possible way ANY game could live up to the legend that DNF has developed. Make a Duke Nukem game and call it something else. People get a Duke Nukem game, and nobody worries about it living up to the impossible expectations.