gdf

Life

Oh god, what have I started? Edit: You should probably PM rather than ask in this thread.

I should specify that I won't send it to anyone who isn't an established forumer, (i.e. no one has been turned down so far :mock:)

Incidentally: PiratePoo, every time I read your posts now, my brain hears them in Jake the dog's voice. It is good :tup:

Edited by Nachimir

I could do with a laugh. Pass me some daft anecdotes.

Also, just as an update for those who responded to my RSI post, it is gradually getting better. I'm limiting my time at the computer, and particularly not typing a whole lot (apart from here, of course, can't go without the Thumbs). I've also been using an ibuprofen gel 2-3 times a day and it's now reduced from hurting all the time to just hurting when I use my hands.

Good. Don't let the Voltaren dull the pain so much that you damage yourself more, though!

I recommend you spend a little cash on seeing a massage therapist (NOT THAT KIND, STOP GIGGLING) for a session or two so they can help you zero in on your trouble spots - any good MT will also teach you how to massage yourself. Look especially for MTs who do trigger point therapy, as trigger points may be part and parcel of so-called RSI.

Have a click around through this site for some self-help tips on dealing with pain and injury (there are some "buy this tutorial!" plugs, but don't worry about it - the free articles are gold (gamegold)).

massage therapist (NOT THAT KIND, STOP GIGGLING)

...any good MT will also teach you how to massage yourself.

Oh come on now.

Thanks for the advice, subbes. I've bookmarked that site and will have a browse at my leisure. As for the massage therapist, I probably can't afford one, but I'll see if I can figure out that "self massage" myself if you know what I mean.

Hey so I started ignoring her, and turns out one of my best friends made out with her the day after we spoke. Of course he knows how I feel. I now feel absolutely shite.

I'd take that as an opportunity to lessen my social circle by one or two people. :) I'm sorry you feel like shit, but you're better then them. Drop 'em. Who gives two shits about them now that they did what they did?

Go do something else. Get away from it all. Process it in your own time. But don't get betrayed and let them feel superior to you. They decide to be assholes to you? Sucks to be them. Don't let them have the pleasure of your company, or the time of your day.

Act like how you'd want to remember yourself acting in a few years, and not like how you imagine would get you what you want now.

Act like how you'd want to remember yourself acting in a few years, and not like how you imagine would get you what you want now.

Props to Kroms. This is possibly the best, most concise life advice I've ever seen :tup:

Yeah, I thoroughly second that piece of advice from Kroms. We as humans have a tendency to place undue importance on the immediate. Do as Kroms says and try to step back and put it in as much context of time and your life as you're able.

We as humans have a tendency to place undue importance on the immediate.

I think most life does the same, to be honest. I imagine it makes some sort of evolutionary sense to tend to one's immediate needs first, but that general principle is often gravely inappropriate in the lives we lead now. I suppose the reason to single out humanity is that we have the capacity to know better.

Does that mean poor impulse control (adhd) and Assburgers are evolutionary throwbacks?

I probably can't afford one, but I'll see if I can figure out that "self massage" myself if you know what I mean.

Re: trigger point massage - take a gander at this book. Your local library should have a copy if the "Search Inside This Book" feature doesn't give you enough pages.

I suppose the reason to single out humanity is that we have the capacity to know better.

Big Dog knows better.

Yeah, I know all of that; thanks guys. The problem is: my head is like "Look, she's messing you about, as well as several other guys; you don't want, need, or deserve that sort of treatment - move on." and then another, much smaller part is like "BUT REMEMBER HOW GOOD IT WAS BEFORE, MATE. IT WAS SOOO GOOD. GET IT BACK."

Then I think of my friend and her sleeping together and I feel physically sick. :P

Then I think of my friend and her sleeping together and I feel physically sick. :P

I try not to ruminate on things that make me feel ill.

I've come to peace with things that I've done that I wish with all of the fibers of my body I could do over again, the truth is you will never have that opportunity and you have to learn to live with it.

Yeah, I know all of that; thanks guys. The problem is: my head is like "Look, she's messing you about, as well as several other guys; you don't want, need, or deserve that sort of treatment - move on." and then another, much smaller part is like "BUT REMEMBER HOW GOOD IT WAS BEFORE, MATE. IT WAS SOOO GOOD. GET IT BACK."

Drown that voice with beer, he's talking shit, as soon as that jerk (part of your subconscious) is dead the better you are.

I try not to ruminate on things that make me feel ill.

Greasy egg and chips twice.

(ALTERNATE VERSION: a mug-full of mayonnaise and a spoon.)

So my existential angst came back last night, for the first time in a couple of weeks, and I ended up having a massive panic attack. Fucking, fucking, arse.

Fuck Dawkins. Fuck Hitchens. Fuck anyone who thinks they have the right to destroy people's personal faith in an afterlife.

Hopefully it'll completely pass soon. *sigh*

Dude, if you want to rant along in a PM about that, maybe get it off your chest, my inbox is available.