Thyroid

Shadow of the Colossus: the movie

It works because it understands it's relationship to the medium and tries to adopt the visceral, personal feel of the game as opposed to taking a straight-on, refined approach to action.

and now stretch that small movie to become feature length, does it still work?

Yeah, everything would be really slow and choppy. It would likely suck.

Anyone else got any games they've thought could be adapted well? If you HAD to adapt any game into the best movie possible, which would you adapt? And it can't be a CG animated film - too easy! What if you were forced to reboot the Mario Bros film franchise?

Should this be a new thread..?

NO, no , no , no. Shadow of the Colossus is beautiful as a work of art created in the language of gaming, adapting it into a movie will either strip it of its beauty or its authenticity. Pick one. Why mix media ?

BUT SURELY THERE MUST BE SOME GAMES YOU'D LIKE TO SEE TURNED INTO FILMS, KARIMI, IF YOU HAD TO ADAPT ANY GAME INTO THE BEST MOVIE POSSIBLE WHICH WOULD YOU ADAPT AND HOW?

And it can't be a CG animated film.

BUT SURELY THERE MUST BE SOME GAMES YOU'D LIKE TO SEE TURNED INTO FILMS, KARIMI, IF YOU HAD TO ADAPT ANY GAME INTO THE BEST MOVIE POSSIBLE WHICH WOULD YOU ADAPT AND HOW?

And it can't be a CG animated film.

None.

None.

Damn.

Full Throttle.

Though I'd love it if they did it as cel animation.

Yeah, directed by Mike Mignola!

Both GTA and TLaD could be turned into movies... Beneath a steel Sky in my opinion or many of the Lucas Art games could make decent movies, in the purest beginning of the 90s comedy style I wouldn't say Day of the Tentacle has to be shitty if written correctly...

I'd say you could make a movie out of Prince of Persia the game the movie the game too...

oh and ANY INDIANA JONES GAME would have been a better script than the shit the gave as the 4th... Fuck that movie was horrid

Both GTA and TLaD could be turned into movies...

Ron Howard should direct the GTA movie :)

Ron Howard should direct the GTA movie :)

:tdown::deranged:

M.U.L.E.

Written and directed by David Mamet.

Lynch or Godard for the GTA movie ?

Neither one of them would make a true movie version of GTA, that said, their versions would probably be hella awesome, and more watchable than a "true" GTA movie.

The first Crank film felt very much like a GTA movie to me - running round a city in various vehicles, most of them nicked; topping up his 'health' periodically; silly storyline; the whole aesthetic, map-zooms, etc; and the rubbish rent-an-ethnic-gangsta baddies...

I think you're right, Ossk, Beneath a Steel Sky would make a nice movie. The story is very linear and basically uses cinema-like methods already. You have the sci-fi elements, buddy movie elements, a very contained story. Wouldn't be difficult.

yeah, i've just read this today on polygon

The screenwriter for the action film Hanna, Seth Lochhead, will work on Sony's film adaptation of the PlayStation 2 game Shadow of the Colossus, according to Hollywood Reporter.

Canadian-born Lochhead will be working on the film with director Josh Trank, who directed Chronicle and the TV series The Kill Point, while Kevin Misher (The Scorpion King, The Interpreter) is assuming the role of producer.

Sony announced that it would adapt Shadow of the Colossus into a film in 2009 with Trank signing on to direct in May 2012. No cast or release date has been announced.

It might end up being half decent. Hanna was good! Chronicle was good! And the Scorpion king was fucking BOSS :P

Whats the chances this film will all be in a made up language with subs, i'd love that

This is still a horrible idea, but i don't hate the people they've hired to work on it.