Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

Clever reinvention...?

'Feedback from 18-34-year-olds in focus groups indicated that "SyFy" was the way many would refer to the network in text messages.'

If I could offer a third option; fucking retarded.

Seems silly to me. And I can see why PA's Tycho got indigestion from reading this:

home.jpg

It's just horrible.

I'm noticing a lot of public statements by companies at the moment that are only really meaningful internally. The kind of .biz speech that makes people want to hurt stuff or kill themselves during meetings.

Haha, SyFy is already cringe-inducing beyond belief, then "Imagine Greater" just drives home the retarded post-Apple marketing bullshit.

"We want to trademark our name, but some idiot decided to name our channel using actual words, which fucked us, so we made up some horrible bullshit. Also we charged hundreds of thousands of dollars to do so, I bet."

You mean we'll still occasionally be thinking "Man that's a dumb name" in a few years time? ;)

The Nintendo Poo would have been a more appropriate name, given the frequency we switch ours on with*.

* Yeah, I know, I'm not the intended audience ¬¬

The Nintendo Poo would have been a more appropriate name, given the frequency we switch ours on with.

Silly! Puu is going to be the follow-up machine.

In general, with the exception of BSG, SciFi's (or SyFy's) programming isn't worth worrying about anyway. I don't understand their business model. They spend hundreds of thousands of dollars producing bad C-Movies and Ghost Hunter spin-offs, I guess you can still find syndicated shows like some of the Star Treks but my point is, in my mind, the decision to change the name to SyFy is maybe closer to the identity the channel has already built for itself.

Silly! Puu is going to be the follow-up machine.

Ah, Puu. The new generation in Homer entertainment.

SyFy works a lot better as a brand.

The tagline, the logo and all that corporate mumbo jumbo are horrible though.

"It made us feel much cooler, much more cutting-edge, much more hip, which was kind of bang-on what we wanted to achieve communication-wise".

???

Kill yourself.

Once some guy in one of my college classes told me about how he is a great screenwriter and working on a script that is very intellectual and will be big one day.

He said he's going to put the "Phi" back in "SciPhi" because apparently it used to be Science Philosophy.

I don't know, it must have been one of the dumbest and most bloated things I've ever heard, discounting Alan Moore. (TROLL!)

Anyways SyFy sounds like a NuMetalGothIndustrialBand.

Oh, god... You always wish you had a hammer handy in those cases, don't you?

Not sure about the Polish, but a French friend insists that Zizzi, which is a UK chain of restaurants, means "penis" in her native language. Rather unfortunate for them.