Sign in to follow this  
Alex P

BioShock 2

'The plot' for me was nothing to do with any of that. Other than a short moment of thrill when the whole 'Would you kindly?' thing was revealed, what I liked most was the audio diaries and the character arcs revealed through them. The fact that characters like Diane McClintock or Bill McDonagh still stand out in my mind is a testament to how well they were drawn out by the designers.

(Yes, I had to look up their names, but their personalities and stories are strong in my memory)

I know I'm in the minority, but I dislike the use of diaries. They strike me as being lazy, another way of doing cutscenes. There has to be a better way to tell backstory in an FPS.

What I have played of the single player feels very much like the original, bar the feeling of being a lot heavier.

Though Fuck digital extremes, I cannot use my 4th and 5th mouse buttons, which I map to reload and melee, really annoying when I can do so in the single player.

fucking crappy online retailer... now I have to hunt down a Bioshock 2 special edition for the PC

I don't want to read the thread just jet since I'm curantly playing Bioshock for the first time and try to avoid spoilers, but I'd like to know if there is one Big Sister through the game or are there more?

I have finished it now. The game is alot more fun and challenging if you don't use decoy apparently. I didn't bother getting it until near the end. Once I did I found I could roll my face on the keyboard and kill like 50 dudes. Also the speargun does not get old ever, just like any fps weapon that staples dudes to things.

The game is fun. The story is good. Nothing as nice as the first half of bioshock 1 but it's not bad by any means. My only gripe is there wasn't more Rock Flannagan, PI.

So I'm almost two hours in and I'm having a great time. I'm finding myself really reveling in the audiodiaries and environments quite a bit... I think anyone who said that this game looks exactly like Bioshock is totally off base.

I know I "Broke it", but has anyone else found schroedingers cat? A friend at university would like to see it :)

Actually its more like "Schroedinger, the (dead) cat". ^^

I finished the game a few hours ago and i really liked the last part of the game, theres some interesting stuff going on there.

Im suprised that most reviews criticize the story of Bio2, i thought they did a good job of making "the choice" regarding Little Sisters feel more relevant.

Actually its more like "Schroedinger, the (dead) cat". ^^

I finished the game a few hours ago and i really liked the last part of the game, theres some interesting stuff going on there.

Im suprised that most reviews criticize the story of Bio2, i thought they did a good job of making "the choice" regarding Little Sisters feel more relevant.

Agreed. I think alot of people were basically expecting something in the vein of the first half of bioshock. Which would be stupid. This is simply a different story, and trying to do something different.

I found Scroedinger's cat and tried to take a screen shot for you, but for some reason (probably due to my complete ineptitude), when I paste the screenshot, it comes out either all black or I get the menu screen. Sorry:(

I too like the spear gun:yep:.

Overall, it's a bit samey don't you think?

Andy

PS. I have a save game right by the cat, so if you can tell me what I am doing wrong, I can rectify my rubbishness for you :D

Is this cat thing really worth so much discussion, or was it just a nice find when you didn't know anything about it? It feels like it's one of the best things in the game from the amount of talk about it.... Is it really just a little joke (dead cat in a box?).

Is this cat thing really worth so much discussion, or was it just a nice find when you didn't know anything about it? It feels like it's one of the best things in the game from the amount of talk about it.... Is it really just a little joke (dead cat in a box?).[/QUO

It's just a sort of 'concrete' cat hidden in some ice. When you melt the ice you are sort of 'hmm what's that?' then you realise it's called Schroedinger and it doesn't do anything.

It's just a nice find I guess, but your life will be incomplete without having found it.....:getmecoat

Andy

I don't want to read the thread just jet since I'm curantly playing Bioshock for the first time and try to avoid spoilers, but I'd like to know if there is one Big Sister through the game or are there more?

When "The Big Sister" was announced, I also thought that there was going to just be one. I guess that Big Sister is a new enemy class, though. That makes it less interesting for me, but I have yet to play the game, due to my personal need to make sure my GFW Live account is tied to my Xbox Live account, which is currently impossible due to my Xbox account seemingly having no valid Microsoft login tied to it. I hate everyone. But I really want to play Bioshock 2.

due to my Xbox account seemingly having no valid Microsoft login tied to it.

Maybe if you fucking used it once in a while :grin::grin::grin:.

Still, I'm honored to have Jake Rodkin of Telltale Games on my friends list. Sometimes when people come over, I'm like, "Remember that sweet Monkey Island game we played on the Wii? This guy worked on that!"

Just finished it & it's pretty great. It suffers for not having a new character as strong and memorable as Andrew Ryan, but I feel that the rest of the story is better than the first game.

The actual gameplay is unquestionably better.

It's just a sort of 'concrete' cat hidden in some ice. When you melt the ice you are sort of 'hmm what's that?' then you realise it's called Schroedinger and it doesn't do anything.

It's just a nice find I guess, but your life will be incomplete without having found it.....:getmecoat

Ah, as I thought. It's like Half Life all over again :getmecoat

I finished this a couple of days ago. I can't help feeling a bit..well..underwhelmed?

I'm not sure what I was expecting exactly, given that it's a sequel, and I am glad I bought it I think because I would have always wanted to play it but I am left with a sort of 'is that it?' feeling.

I found it a bit boring or am I just so war gameified up that I am no longer touched by (tedious?) well scripted character diaries? I also thought that graphically it looked a bit tired but that could just be me.

Am I alone in my thoughts?

Andy