gdf

The last game you played

Oblivion with guns (PC)

It's a damn ugly world (duh). So far I like it. Unlike with the elder scrolls games you can only be one person here. I mean, it's not like you can completely stray away from your initial question, you're not given any to begin with. Sure the "find your dad" quest, but it's nothing like "you've got to save the king from the ghosts haunting him". The chat interface isn't very good, and the lack of item descriptions is also annoying. Apparently I have some kind of stealth thingy, which I can enable. But no info about how long it lasts, or how I can disable it. The VATS thing could also use a tune up, it's simply unnecessarily slow.

Chrono Trigger on the DS. First time I've gotten past the first couple of hours. Very near the end now. Enjoying the hell out of it.

I'm really addicted to Mount and Blade right now. It was on Steam for $7.50 as one of their weekend deals about a couple of weeks back. It's unpolished as hell and has no story but I love just running around attacking castles and betting on myself in tournaments.

Played the beta of Mount & Blade at numerous points during its development. Great game, and daylight robbery for $7.50 -- damn me for not seeing it when it was on sale. :getmecoat

Persona 4. I'm so close to finishing it! Only a few hours to go. Mostly I'm grindnig money for Trumpeter. What a way to end the PS2's life cycle =)

Still trying to finish off all the puzzles in "MonoSpace" on the iPod. I'm going to be commuting regularly starting later this week, so I'll likely be doing a lot of portable gaming in the next few weeks. Want to get some of these bastard puzzles finished before that :frusty:

I'm trying again to get into Dwarf Fortress, especially since I discovered it has a Mac client which means I can play it at work too.

I know I've already had a go, but dammit I'm too self-important for that!

Air Traffic Chaos on the DS. It's remarkably addictive.

I got that last week, still waiting to get a chance to sit down with it properly (and not get distracted by Fallout 3). The eurogamer review made it sound excellent and interesting despite the lack of raving about it.

Aye, I got it on the basis of the EG review too! It's not as much of a 'job' type game as they said, and easier than it sounded on the lower levels. The top level is frantic though. Best described as like a hugely complex 'Game & Watch' type game. :tup:

Gears 2. I finally broke down and bought it after borrowing Gears 1 and playing through it. Only played for an hour though, so my opinion is still out.

Reminiscing the good old times with Battlefield 2, too bad 1943 only turned out to be downloadable.

My $5 copy of Bioshock from steam holiday sale.

I bought it as well just because it was cheap. Played through it on 360 when it came out and I haven't yet touched it on PC; damn you Valve and your dangling cheap games infront of my face which I may never play.

Anyway, just played me some ActRaiser on the SNES. It does a great job of blending several genres together, and even if the individual elements aren't quite at the same level of refinement as other games at the time, the concept is wonderful and it's something that more games should explore. Hopefully I'll get some time to finish it later this week.

Since December I've been playing Chrono Trigger on the DS. I've played all the way through to the final boss, and I just can't be bothered to finish it. That's the case with all Japanese RPG's, no matter how good; at some point, after 20-odd hours, I just completely lose interest.

Though in Chrono Trigger it was also aided by the added new content, which consists of the most aggravating, most pointlessly, artificially stretched fetch quest ever programmed.

All I've been playing for the last 2 months is Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix *whew* on Xbox Live. Too much fun!

SiN

All I've been playing for the last 2 months is Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix *whew* on Xbox Live. Too much fun!

What controller are you using, SiN?

*sigh* a normal xbox 360 controller. :(

It's actually not quite as bad as you'd think. Thing is, I love Street Fighter, but I was never obsessed with it back in the day. This means that I'm not super dependent on playing it with a proper joystick/dpad.

I play with the analog stick and can actually pull off all the moves with a very high consistency rate. I take Ken ... I can do hadokens & hurricane kicks no problem, shoruken is a bit iffy though.

It's definitely worth giving the analog stick some time before giving up on it. The dpad, on the other hand, is worthless.

I do play on getting a Tournament Edition stick though. :)

The last game I played for the PC was WoW, levelling my Pala back up. :P

The last console game I played was urmmm *turns on 360 and checks disk tray* was apparently Ninja Gaiden 2.. although mysteriously Ross Noble's Randomist was in my disk tray. :S

On the PS3 Flower, which was a great experience. On the PC, I recently played the demo of Monster Trucks Nitro (from the makers of Trials 2). I hope Trials 2 wasn't a fluke of the highest order, because Monster Trucks Nitro was dire :eek: Everything about it felt cheap - and despite being cheap it doesn't represent value for money.

Majora's Mask. It took me 18 months (!) and the very close guidance of a guide to complete but I did it! I finally saved the world.

I most certainly did, including the Fierce Deity's Mask at the end which made the last boss laughably easy. A little strange really considering I struggled so much to kill that stupid fish some time before.

In fact the only things I missed out on were a few heart pieces (I think I ended it with 11/20 heart containers; I really can't be bothered with perfect scores in archery and things like that) and the Great Fairy Sword but that was more of a "oh, I'll get that later" that never actually occured.