Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

-09mrx6XU5k

At least it would be easier to make the Citizen Kane of games.

e1IxOS4VzKM

I had never actually seen this show, but didn't know it was this extreme. How does this not lead to a hundreds of deaths and serious injuries? Also, the guys talking should shut up.

tQfjoOaFhC8

This guy has a sense of humor.

b3KxEm_wc7Q

ugh... what an idiot with a silly voice

I agree with some of the primary objections of this review... and I agree with all the praise it gets on the Thumbs.

Kinda expected both things to be said actually. Experiment sucseed.

Anyway, I really don't know what to think of this:

CAV0XrbEwNc

This guy has a sense of humor.

b3KxEm_wc7Q

Huh, I actually agree with this guy but i'd never really thought about it. I don't really know why I enjoyed the game but I did somehow despite the fact that everything this guy says I agree with.

Scratch that, I think it's the immersive gameplay that really made me stay with that game.

I can't say I agree with the additional RPG elements that the guy wants in the second video, an inventory? Fuck that, talk about wanting to ruin the game. Although friendly NPCs and good AI would be nice.

Because you were thumbed into it :P

I played it before I discovered thumbs.

Kinda expected both things to be said actually. Experiment sucseed.

Anyway, I really don't know what to think of this:

CAV0XrbEwNc

Dude, that was simultaneously some of the most simple yet great kinetic typography i've seen in a long time and one of the catchiest tunes i've ever heard. :tup::tup::tup:

UPDATE: That sound became my musical equivalent of a day one perch, had to get that shit on iTunes.

Edited by Thompson

I had never actually seen this show, but didn't know it was this extreme. How does this not lead to a hundreds of deaths and serious injuries? Also, the guys talking should shut up.

To me this show has always seemed like a 100% copy of this one Japanese show from a few years ago that was axed because some guy died while running in some crazy and stupid obstacle track.

Edited by Kolzig

The japanese show was named Takeshi's Castle (named after film director Takeshi Kitano) and I'm hearing about this fatality for the first time. My quick online investigation was fruitless. Cover-up? *dramatic music*

I'm not talking about Takeshi's Castle.

I know Fūun! Takeshi-jō, but that was just a comedy show. The show I'm talking about was some ironman type of competition show.

Okay, my bad. But if Wipeout is a "100% copy" of this one japanese show, how is Wipeout different from Takeshi? Because in my view it looks basically like Takeshi.

I do not care about that video much, but I am reflexively compelled to leave a terse, snide judgment like a little poo on the floor before disappearing to elsewhere on the internet. I care so little that I cannot even be bothered to capitalise or punctuate, and still, those three tiny words are better than you or anyone else here deserve. How dare you post something without considering whether or not it would conform to my personal preferences.

:mock: