Spaff

Plain Sight

I just tried it a bit. The controls seemed nice, but I was a all alone. That's what I get for not paying, I guess.

I just tried it a bit. The controls seemed nice, but I was a all alone. That's what I get for not paying, I guess.

We'll have a real session on Thursday, today was an emergency network code test :)

Yeah, it doesn't work on my laptop like I suspected. But if we have sessions after Friday and before Jan 10th, I'll be able to at least try it. Then I'll surrender the beta account to my lil brother, he's good people.

Apparently I don't have something called "Assembly.System Core 3.5.0.0", which means that Plain Sight won't install. Tips?

OK

Thursday 18th 20:00 UK / 21:00 Europe

I need an American to help organising a session for you guys... any volunteers?

You should be fine hmmmm.... are you sure your'e logged in as 'Wrestlevania'

that account is flagged for beta testing so the url should work, it 404s for people who arent allowed in there.

*sniff*

It don't work for me, either...

log out and then back in again and try again, see if that works... :)

(says robin at beatnik)

Edited by Spaff

Miffy, that sounds like a .NET 3.5 issue.

Do you have multiple versions of the .NET framework installed? Perhaps try re-installing .NET 3.5 from scratch.

Thunderpeel, did you try both the direct link and going via the website front page?

will you be releasing a new version (one that doesn't use port 12345) before Thursday?

If all goes according to plan we'll release a new version tomorrow.

Not all went according to plan, but we will be releasing the new version tomorrow morning, sorry!

New build is up and ready for tonight.

note: you have to install it from the same exact location that you installed it from before or it cries.

If in any doubt uninstall the old build from control panel and then re-install from the new zip.

:)

New build is up and ready for tonight.

Already downloading it--nice work, Beatniks! :)

Feeling a bit wonky today, though; fucking typical--first day off and you catch something. :(

I'll try to be on later, assuming my body isn't trying to turn itself inside out by this evening...

Hmm...

I just installed and tried the latest build, and it runs so painfully slowly on my machine as to be basically unplayable. ;(

Very little point in my joining in tonight, but thanks all for including me so far.

Just out of interest did you try dropping the resolution down to see if it had any impact? (It's hard to test if that has much effect when we have no lower end test machines)

Just out of interest did you try dropping the resolution down to see if it had any impact?

Yes, immediately down to 800x600 as the login screen was lagging badly for me and dropping key strokes.

That did speed the initial screens up a noticable amount, but my machine still didn't cope well in-game; I guesstimate that I was getting between 1 and 4 frames a second.

I'll be there, although I fear that I naturally suck at this game. I can't seem to hit anyone. I miss every single time.