Marek

Kinetic typography in games

I can't find this in widescreen, only in letterbox, and apologies if this was already linked in this thread by me or someone else, but the video for DVNO by the Justice is a vintage motion graphics homage festival:

etWi1bOotd0

Oh shit.

wTO3CKM2Yy0

This is also great:

sorry.

You son of a bitch. The one I hotlinked to on page 1 isnt around anymore anyway, so there.

Edited by Jake

Oh well.. at least there is the one OssK linked four posts earlier.

it's an awesome video, that's why

Not as good as this one:

etWi1bOotd0

Jake said why, it's because

he did not take the time to read the last messages he just came across the video and posted it,

and is trying to make us believe he posted it before :D

Talking about world peace and Justice, this one has a good share of awesomeness and dancing fonts as well

49esza4eiK4

BTW, thanks syntheticgerbil (:

And the Scanimate one is... aaerm... Glittering ?

Yeah it appears the Justice enjoys having their songs eclipsed by their videos.

This thread is fantastic. It's nice to know there's other like-minded individuals who find this stuff as fascinating as I do :tup:

Yeah it appears the Justice enjoys having their songs eclipsed by their videos.

Yeah, We Are Your Friend was a cool song though that did eclipse the video in a sense, it was in rivalry with Jame's Blunt Live performance at the KoKo of Goodbye my Lover for the "Most tears and crying voice poured into the making of a song" title... Neil Young must be so jealous...

By the way, your remark is so fucking accurate on the whole fucking Stress controversy... God I hated Justice so much for putting up that video... The song is utter excrement to me and the video is the only thing that would've had me talk about it.

The new Splinter Cell does some cool shit in this spirit. Find the trailer when it's available. Kind of a sweet way to convey text to the player without having it be overlaid over everything on the UI.

There's very little typography involved but fucking fuck fuck the intro to the Beatles Rock Band is fuck fuck jesus.

Yeah the Beatles Rock Band intro is so great I put it in my iPod. Even though it's a shitty first-gen nano and doesn't do video.

It's that great.

Yeah it's really nice when the psychodelia appears. Shame the in-game graphics are nothing like that, from what we've seen (I don't like their 3D models).

Although I didn't care for the game at all, I thought the main menu for the Darkness was a thing of beauty. The way the tentacles would spasm and the drop shadows on the type would move with them was pretty inspired.

Anyone played Ergon Logos?

It's a game made entirely of kinetic text, which angles off, moves, multiplies, and resizes to reflect the meaning of what you're reading.

The game itself is an interactive, Video game-analyzing, meta jazz/beat poetry... thing... :erm: ...

It's like a real-time choose your own adventure about

Mario suffering an existential crisis? Damned if I know

... I'm not quite sure how to describe it. Just play it.

Leading on from the previously mentioned Pulp Fiction scene, some guy has demonstrated Google Wave by using clips from several movies. Having watched them, I still have no frigging idea what Wave is meant to be, but the videos are pretty cool nonetheless.

Pulp Fiction:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcxF9oz9Cu0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcxF9oz9Cu0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Good Will Hunting:

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VD0wzo_Gw4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VD0wzo_Gw4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="295" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>