Chris

Idle Thumbs 7: Stop Doing Interviews

Hahaha, I had no idea you took a picture. I guess we're even on that score now.

What an awesome idea for a contest. I just spent about an hour planning out my level on lined paper. I really like what I've got, I just hope my abilities can match my design on my first ever level. Can't wait til tomorrow when I can actually start building the thing!

Finally caught up and listened to this one. Great show as always, and Steve 'Hot Scoopz' Gaynor is always a good guest. Ohh man, I totally burst out in laughter at some point, but I don't know where anymore. I do know that at the time I was harvesting reputation for Sporeggar, so there you have it. The Thumbcast: perfect for listening while playing WoW.

OH SNAP!

So now that I've started going into production on my LBP level, I'm realizing how difficult a task I may have set myself for a first level ever made design. Like, damn. I'm dumb. It'd be nice to know if there's any kind of deadline for when these things should be submitted by. Before the next podcast is obvious enough, but is there anything more concrete you can tell us?

I don't think the contest is that formally pronounced, really. Especially for the LBP levels they'll give you some time, I'd think.

I may have been laughing as a response to The Wizard being mentioned. THE WIZARD.

So now that I've started going into production on my LBP level, I'm realizing how difficult a task I may have set myself for a first level ever made design. Like, damn. I'm dumb. It'd be nice to know if there's any kind of deadline for when these things should be submitted by. Before the next podcast is obvious enough, but is there anything more concrete you can tell us?

I imagine it would be preferable to get your entry in by the weekend after this coming one, but Chris seems to have a neverending supply of promotional crap to give away, so you never know.

Sorry but I don't have a capture card, so I cannot make a youtube Video.

It's really a shame that there isn't some sort of internal capture / replay feature in LittleBigPlanet, ala EA's amazing site for Skate, or the Halo 3 replay stuff.

Haha holy shit.

Welcome, KaboomzZz. You just made a spectacular entrance into the forums. :tup:

Damn, awesome. I had to abandon mine because I didn't have time to come to grips with the editing tools while all of the craziness of exams was/is kicking my ass. Barely time for any gaming at all. Unfortunate. I may still go and finish it sometime, because I did put a lot into designing the fucking thing. Yours is really fantastic. Looks like I'd have a tough battle anyway.

Thanks for the compliments guys, really appreciate it. I have left a few details out because I want there to be some surprises when you get a chance to play.

Has anyone made a level with Noah Heller pulling shit out of his ass yet?

No, but I definitely put the FarCry2 verdict to rest in mine.

Yea it would be nice, for sure. I noticed when I search for the level it doesn't show up, but if you search for "KaboomzZz" my halo level shows up (has a picture of a warthog), You can get to my levels through that if needed.

Anyway, work tomorrow, if I find my camera I'll try to get a video up.

Goodluck to everyone else in the contest.

Holy crap. Consider me amazed.:eek:

I very much enjoyed the Super Douche song too.

Not really with you guys on the Fall out 3 opinions and have been pretty dissatisfied with what I've seen so far but it was nice to see someone else's side.

Bumping an old thread to say that I played the Idle Thumbs level with fellow (ex)-Thumber Alex Ashby this weekend (yes, months and months after it was made) and we loved it. Awesome work, Kaboomzzzz!