Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Battlestar Galactica Final Season Thread

Do we have an itinerary of the second half of the season yet? Somewhere March-y?

I'll probably have to rewatch everything to remember what happened exactly again. Still... there's the old vibe.

I wonder how many times they'll be able to get Adama to destroy his wooden ship again in the few episodes left. I expect a solid two times at least.

In a surprise ending the Galactica is destroyed, but Adama builds a lifesize replica out of matchsticks in order to get them to a new colony. Unfortunately he smashes it in a fit of pain and rage.

Well, I'm just hoping the talk of it being a satisfying conclusion to the series as a whole turns out to be the case. I don't want the equivalent of the Sopranos in BSG... won't work half as well I don't think, we want answers... well, I do. Spoon fed to me.

HEY NERDS, ARE YOU READY? ( r u e )

My nerd badge is suspended because I totally forgot this was today. If it wasn't for someone's offhand remark on Twitter, I'd have missed the premiere. Anyway, yeah, EARTH!

I'll be watching it whenever it appears on Hulu or the scifi site or whatever, but wooo.

Also the :adama: smiley always reminds me of Marek, due to him having that avatar forever.

I'll be watching it whenever it appears on Hulu or the scifi site or whatever, but wooo.

Also the :adama: smiley always reminds me of Marek, due to him having that avatar forever.

Bronstring? Marek Bronstring?

OMG OMG OMG:adama::adama::adama:

The webisodes were great (when seen in one sitting). Can't wait.

Webisode #1

We're sorry but the clip you have selected isn't available from your location.

:(:tdown::fart::(:frusty:

Anyone know where I can watch the webisodes from the UK?

The webisodes (and honestly, I had to write webepisodes, webodes and webosodes before I arrived at the correct term there) can be viewed on Youtube without much difficulty.

Yes! Next week the final final season starts! OMFG! After that the wait begins for whatever miniseries or movie they'll make of it. I really hope at some point there'll be the 'ultimate BSG collection' on Blu-Ray or whatever, just like they did with Babylon 5. The Babylon 5 collector's box is just amazingly complete, with all 5 seasons, Crusade, the pilot and three movies. That's the sort of stuff I wanna see! :tup:

Also, :adama:Where's my wooden ship?

Actually, the first episode aired yesterday...

So we have 'proof' that two different people are the fifth. Unless they were the same model but one was older than the other. Can't wait to find out.

also:

Whoah, bye bye Dee. I'm guessing we're going to be seeing a lot of longstanding cast members bite it in this last half-season.

I'm not going to bother with spoiler tags from now on. Obviously you shouldn't read this thread if you haven't seen the newest episode and don't want to be spoiled.

I remember an interview or something way back when Starbuck 'died' and came back. The main dude said she's not the fifth cylon. This isn't 100% backed up until stuff becomes clear in the show, but I'm sure she's something else. Ellen is the fifth cylon. The way it's put, I don't think there's any doubt.

It was simply the most ridiculous, annoying, stupid and impossible choice I could think of.

I watched the webisodes on youtube before the actual episode. I was glad that Gaiter's perjury came back to bite him on the ass, at least metaphysically.

So the 13th tribe were cylons. We all pretty much guessed that (now we just need the clincher - that all of humanity's ancestors were cylons). No-one in the show has asked the obvious question yet: How were they cylons, when modern Cylons were invented less than a century ago? I guess everyone will have to skirt around it until the plot demands it be answered :P

(unless you count that handwaving about them coincidentally going through the same pattern of war as the other colonies.. just much earlier).

I wouldn't have guessed Ellen Tigh at all. Has she been downloaded somewhere? And what about the flashback where she said they would be reborn... (presumably on Caprica).

My current guess: Every human womb is a mini 'resurrection ship', designed to reincarnate 13th tribe cylons. Or something.

I'm still having trouble seeing how Starbuck is not a cylon though. Any guesses on the dead body and destroyed raptor?

You know, I'm not really that interested in predicting stuff or trying to guess what it really is. I'd much rather just watch and see what unfolds, and be surprised and everything.

The episode was great. To see all that devastation among the crew, and all those deaths and desillusioned...

I really, really feared for Tigh when he started walked into the sea. Just incredible. Thank god he didn't die. Don't know what I'd do without Tigh, godsdammit!