Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Battlestar Galactica Final Season Thread

I think her little speech to Baltar explains her position - that because she is dying she is less inclined to bugger about being nice and just to people. She is desperate to complete her mission to save mankind before she dies, even if she has to piss off a lot of people to do it.

Yeah, it's totally in line with her character, and her dialog is written well, I just don't like the character herself much anymore.

And the Demetrius explanation definitely makes sense.

Going to rewatch this epsiode. It mostly seemed like set-up, with a bit of character development for Tyrol. Baltar really does seem to have turned over a new leaf though.

What is it with making the two female leads really unlikeable this series? First Roselyn, then Starbuck. Kara is really pissing me off with her crazy whining. Hopefully she will get to shoot some stuff soon.

Going to rewatch this epsiode. It mostly seemed like set-up, with a bit of character development for Tyrol. Baltar really does seem to have turned over a new leaf though.

What is it with making the two female leads really unlikeable this series? First Roselyn, then Starbuck. Kara is really pissing me off with her crazy whining. Hopefully she will get to shoot some stuff soon.

Yes! I loved Athena and Six, but they've all but disappeared.

I come here for analysis, for people to explain the show to me, but here I am having watched episodes 5 and 6 to find nothing :tdown: You don't expect me to watch and understand it all on my own do you :shifty:

I liked all the shooty bits, POOOWWW KABLOOOOM all that, it was great! The talky bits though, me no understand.

As a jumping off point; what exactly did the hybrid say to Starbuck (who's been annoying in a Michelle Rodriguez kind of way since day one Danny boy), I thought it sounded a lot like she would lead 'them' to their 'end' but that she was also the 'harbinger of death'. Am I right? If so why then is she still aboard the ship? I'd have ejected her ass out of the airlock ASAP, if not for the whole harbinger of death deal then for that winning personality of hers.

Discuss.

Yes, that's basically what it said, but I don't think the others heard it. Incidentally that information was already revealed to us in Razor. Watch it if you haven't already, as it contains several clues to season 4.

That prophecy has put an interesting counter-spin on extrapolated plots though. If being led to earth will destroy everyone, then what will they do instead? Or will the death and destruction be more figurative, with a new civilization rising from the ashes?

I'm really looking forward to the race for D'ana 3 now, and all the roadblocks the Hidden Four will throw up to stop her from revealing them.

In the more immediate future, I expect further awesomeness when the exiled cylons join the Colonial Fleet this week.

Good crapping Christ...

They're certainly not holding back for the final season are they?!

I mean... FUCK! :tup: :tup: :tup:

Ugh. All-in-all, not a great episode. I thought the part with the 6's drawn in the book was ridiculous, not because of the action but the way it was shot, with the swooping pan around Athena's horrified face and the swelling music and the pages and pages of ridiculous drawings. It was a short scene but it completely took me out of the episode because I was so conscious of the filmmaker's hand in the work.

The confrontation that followed was good, though, and I have to say, I loved the (unexpected) order to jump as soon as the Hybrid was replugged in. I can't wait for them to un-box D'Anna.

Also, from the tidbits of the next episode that they showed, was it outrageous of me to assume that Tigh impregnates Caprica Six? One scene, the Doc tells Adama that they found something strange when investigating the cylon and in the very next scene, Adama is yelling at Tigh about being stupid and something and then we have an image of Tigh and Six together. I dunno. Maybe I just have a dirty mind? :getmecoat

Maybe you're right, there was that scene where he saw Six as Ellen.

Loved the surprise jump order too. I thought this was better than some of the S4 episodes so far. I have a low tolerance for mysticism, and have found Starbuck severely annoying so far this season on account of her becoming such a self-absorbed nutter/victim, but am roped in enough to want to know how this ends.

Strange, I thought it was a brilliant episode; I was on the edge of my seat the hole time. OK, so I did roll my eyes when it reached the clichéd routine of "oh no, the spooky kid is going to cause a chain reaction of misfortune that culminates in an Act of Destiny". Oh, and I was upset that Leader Six got shot. I was starting to like her. Bad Athena, a big black mark for you.

Everything else was great though. Tigh, Anders and wossname looking worried as their unveiling looms (Tyrol remaining dispondent). Roselyn getting back into her stride (maybe Starbuck too). Lee finding his feet in politics perhaps. Adama's obvious suspicion of Tigh. The long-awaited collaboration between the Colonial Fleet and Cylon Rebels. Even Gaiter's singing as a background. Yes, everything is starting to come together in a big squidgy bag of awesome.

Yeah, I may have over-reacted a bit at that dramatic coloring-book part, but I definitely saw this as an episode which set the series up for bigger things. It was a lead-up episode.

Yeah, it's interesting once you realize how singular each character is to the point where the two sixes are differentiable purely by their personalities. Similarly, I always liked the scene when Athena killed herself to rescue Hera from the Basestar and encountered Boomer there.

Oh man. I just watched the last two episodes in a row. I missed them cause I've been so busy. And now I'm forty minutes away from the new one, making it three in a row. :tup: Things are certainly getting wonderfully fucked up.

Aww fuck, was that the previous one the half season finale? Nothing's on today. :tdown: No. wait. It's a one week break. wtf

Yeah, Lost is on a one week break as well. Don't understand it myself but that's American television schedules for you.

Yeah, the weird thing is that as a result the British airings will now be ahead. Next episode airs over here on the 27th but I can't see it because it's on Sky 1 and Virgin digital won't let me watch it the big fat

cunts!

So as I see it so far, we get the 5th cylon at the end of the first half of the season, probably as the cliffhanger. Hopefully they find Earth within 5 episodes after that.

Yeah, I reckon the half-season finale will end with the unboxing of D'ana

Yeah, I reckon the half-season finale will end with the unboxing of D'ana

Hmm. And I'm guessing that unboxing her has nothing to do with the resurrection hub? Guess in her specific case, the consciousness is held off site.

Anyway, I find the whole thing awfully convenient. A centralized resurrection ship for everything? Haven't the cylons heard of peer-to-peer?

Well I reckon it seems awfully convenient because it is intentional on the part of the cylons mysterious creators. Make them immortal and then eventually pull the rug out from under them so that they value their limited lives greatly (see natalie's speech).

Man, just watched this episode thanks to the powers of The Internet, and it was a real let down. They built and built and built over the last few episodes. Leave with Six getting shot and the basestar jumping, instantly, with the president and Baltar onboard and then... follow it up with a flatulent flatline. Way to keep the momentum going there dudes. :tdown:

Of what powers do you speak, Sir n0wak. I presume thou art referring to the episode that is released this Friday?

EDIT: Wow, never mind. UK got it yesterday, and i guess so did the 'tubes. So it was a letdown? I've been trying to put my finger on what exactly it is about this season that's been disappointing so far, and I think it really is the pacing. I don't know whether they're rushing to fit everything in on time or drawing it out so that certain events will fall on key episodes, but season 4 feels much more staggered than the first two, even though it makes up what is supposedly a single story arc.