Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Battlestar Galactica Final Season Thread

A plausible plotline but that would make Hera suddenly very insignificant. If there was already a half-cylon, why does everyone care so much about Hera?

Maybe they don't know?

And with Hera being abducted now, if Starbuck is a hybrid it still remains quite significant.

And looking at the big picture, Chief's daughter was a half-cylon until the writers figured out their mistake and dropped in the sudden, out of place, write her the fuck out of the script "you're not the father" bomb.

Is that spoiler link real, will me head explode, can I click it? I don't know!

The latest episode was great, after the episode before that which was rather meh. I really liked the return of the recurring musical theme and Starbuck being all interesting again! Oh and you really hate Boomer here. Poor chief, being played like that! Chief is enormously human.

No real spoilers I think. My head asplode due to the complexity of the diagram that n0wak linked to.

The bottom quarter of that diagram image file is always corrupt for me, meaning I can't see what's going on along the second half of the timeline.

Regardless, it's not a very good piece of information design anyway. But there's a poignant quote I'd forgotten from a while ago:

This has all happened before and it will happen again.

If Starbuck is a hybrid from the 13th tribe, she's suddenly a lot more interesting.

Yeah, I can't get at the bottom quarter either, which I think is what made it so confusing the first time I read it.

Maybe the jump drives (or even just the cylon jump drives) have relativistic effects? Hence, the fleet will go back in time to find an unspoiled earth. That would be quite cheesy.

Maybe the jump drives (or even just the cylon jump drives) have relativistic effects? Hence, the fleet will go back in time to find an unspoiled earth. That would be quite cheesy.

The tangibility of that makes me heave. ;(

I don't think they'd cop out like that though. It'd leave too bitter a taste after years of pretty good character and plot development otherwise.

However, one way they could use this get-out and still be in keeping would be to find another Earth in the present time, then split again anyway. This would allow the cycle to repeat itself, logically, without relying on an obvious cliché like time travel.

Hehe that timeline is hilarious, mainly for the "BSG made easy" title.

I agree on the good episode this week. Nice use of music throughout the entire thing, not just when it was obvious. It has brought back that nice portentous atmosphere that went missing for a while.

And yeah Boomer :eek: She is the true wildcard of the series; I can never predict what she is going to do. She had me fooled just as much as she did the Chief (feels good to call him that again).

One thing I would say is that a lot of the character's have undergone a bit of a personality shift since the end of season 3, even though no time is meant to have passed

Hmm, maybe a bit, but the discovery of Earth has had a lot of effect on the crew, plus they've been drifting around orbit around it now for a couple of months.

The latest episode was nice. Maybe a bit of a filler which is to say; paving the way for the grand finale. Which I hope will start next week, since it's starting to become a little unbelievable that the whole crew would just aimlessly drift around Earth, waiting for something undefined to happen.

You're probably right, since I believe they have three more episodes to go. But maybe the last one is a fluff piece where we see how the characters have done in the twenty years following events.

Haha, just kidding! Everybody dies.

Nope we have 2 episodes to go but the 2-parter will be 3 hours in length total apparently. (Don't know how that will be distributed though.)

Nope we have 2 episodes to go but the 2-parter will be 3 hours in length total apparently. (Don't know how that will be distributed though.)

BitTorrent I should imagine... :getmecoat

Oh man I can sense a serious undercurrent of excitement in my gut.

Or that might just be the chilli I had for lunch.

In any case the latest episode was acceptable, if not especially cool in any way (Ander's transformation into a hybrid and integration with the Galactica was a bit predictable, otherwise it would have been higher up the coolometer).

Not sure how the Starbuck mystery wil be solved. I'm starting to suspect that she may be the sole surviving cylon of the cycle-before-last (ie parents of the final-five generation). Or even older maybe.

In any case the latest episode was acceptable, if not especially cool in any way (Ander's transformation into a hybrid and integration with the Galactica was a bit predictable, otherwise it would have been higher up the coolometer).

I'm annoyed they under-played that so much to be honest. Could've been very interesting, but was side-lined for, well, very little else as you say.

So, trying to avoid spoilers here. I'm working my way through the DVD sets right now. I saw them on the cheap a while back and decided it was finally time to get into this show. I'm coming to the end of the 2.5 set, and have a question. I hear the Season 3 set has a string of webisodes called "Resistance" included as a special feature. Continuity-wise, when should I watch these for them to fit into the timeline? Any tips?

Watch them between seasons 2 and 3.

Oh man. The season cliffhanger at the end of 2 is incredible. I'm re-watching them all now and am a few episodes away.

...aaaannd it's done. Was it 100% satisfaction? No, not really (for instance it was a shame that the humans failed to realise that they were all descended from previous cylons). But it was pretty good all the same, and I'm slightly sad that it is over. Despite myself I did get a lump in my throat in some of the closing scenes.

And a few mysteries left even at the end (so Starbuck was a ghost, or something... eh?). I suppose they need to keep a few back for the spin-offs, and just to keep the air of mystic appeal.

It's easy to find stuff not to like, but in the end the series got a proper ending.

Yeah, agreed. Starbuck seemed like a bit of a cop out, but only because we know that Ron Moore wrote her return before he had figured out what it meant. In the end, though, the characters (almost) all had great endings, with Baltar & Six and Adama & Rosalyn being particularly well done.

How about that bit at the end?

It was nice to end on an upbeat like that.