Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

Thrik, that recording of the military tattoo was in Edinburgh - I recognize it, 'cause I went there with my family some years ago. Recommended! A good tattoo is a sigh to see. Don't recall what year it was though, somewhere around 2008 or 2009.

Tycho's new album is pretty good, includes the song "L" from the Hohokum trailer.

https://soundcloud.com/tycho

Also I discovered Krautrock

Faust – The Land Of Ukko & Rauni

Siinai – Olympic Games

Spotify recently became available in Estonia and I've been enjoying using it -- I didn't listen to music for a while (year or more) but now I've been listening to a lot of stuff. Someone said (on Twitter maybe) that the "Discover" feature in Spotify sucks, but they are wrong. But other things contributed to my music listening habits as well, so can't blame Spotify alone.

Also, I found out that I like some other Frank Black stuff besides the pixies. Grand Duchy (his band with his wife) has some great songs:

Grand Duchy – A Strange Day

This is more of a short film than a music video, really. But you should listen to Dum Dum Girls.

Been catching up to this thread and currently am 10 pages or so behind :) I'm not sure "top 3 all-time favourite pixies songs" is something that is possible to pick, but current faves are probably Bird Dream of the Olympos Mons, Motorway to Roswell and Havalina (but at other times I could have picked something else, like maybe Hey, Dig for Fire and Gigantic). Actually Velouria, Debaser and Tame.

New Manchester Orchestra album, I think it's tied with La Dispute for my current favorite album this year so far.

La Dispute

Is Michael Jacksons 'Man in the mirror' a song about tramps?

Also recommendation time... Last week I have been mostly listening too Timber Timbre :tup: Dark brooding Canadian folk

i'll find and post a video

Oh wow, they've got a new album that just appeared on spotify today :)Timber Timbre – Hot Dreams

Reminded me of a more pastoral/less nihilistic version of Black Dice's recent stuff.  Kemialliset Ystävät's latest is now in my queueueueueue.  Thanks!!